SP Tutorial Module System How to add New Skeletons/Mountain Giant to your module.

Users who are viewing this thread

Nah, you shouldn't sticky only this. Instead, we should have a major tutorial-thread where hundreds of tutorials would be in. :razz:

yeah, we really need a separate mod tutorial/kits/documentation/etc board since most of these good tutorials get lost...  :???:

on a side note, the limitation of only 16 races in module_skins.py is really upsetting now that we have skeleton support....  I want to create different skeleton sizes of rancors and other aliens, but each one would have to be a separate skin, and I'm already at the maximum...  argh.  !@#!*

This is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen.  For all you familar with the Berserk mod expect to see giant ogres from now on.

It's rather insane the tremendous advances that have been made in the past few months.  For a while new skeletons, animations, these things were thought to be impossible.

:lol:

Things are gonna get crazy from here on out!

So, is there any way to add this in a way that it can support things such as dogs or other more advanced skeletons, or is it just to change the current human skeletons into different sizes?

Well, if you wanna sacrifice horses, yes.

Horses skeletons aren't modular. The only thing you could do is replace them.

Also, depends on what you guys mean with "advanced" human skellies. It goes beyond scaling the whole thing up or down, obviously. You can scale seperate bones to have thicker or thinner body parts; you can rotate them (I'm quite sure) for bent backs etc. etc.

Hi,
I've been doing some modding works nowadays, recenlty I added in the game a new skeleton which is 3x bigger than normal human skeleton. But when I enter the game and try to shoot arrows to the creature I add in the game, I have seen that my arrows passed through the creature. afterwards I have learnt that there is a thing named "hitbox" affects this point. Sir, please help me in adjusting hitbox...

Hm, didn't I tell you in PM? If you made your model 3x size, then you need to triple the Radius after the Capsule for every bone in skeleton_bodies.xml. That should make your skeleton's hitboxes better.

cdvader

Woah this is mindblowing, I thought this was impossible before, cant wait to see what you modders will come up with this :grin: Midgets vs the giants mod?

Pretty cool but... when I imported man_body Open-Brf, exported rigged mesh and imported it to 3ds Max it was like this:

74f581d131b0.jpg

Is that supposed to be like that? I really doubt. Than what could possibly be the problem?

I've been checking this thread every couple days since cdvader broke the news on how to make these custom resized skeletons.  Very cool indeed! :eek:

Given that it's been almost a couple of weeks, I must admit I'm a little surprised to not see a flurry of giants popping up here on this thread, given the enormity of the implications we're dealing with here.  Then again maybe I've been looking in the wrong place... Anyone spot mention of any giants/midgets under development anywhere else or even screenshots (i.e. in various mod threads)?

@cdvader
Regarding the limitations you mentioned earlier... do you have a feel whether they would apply to say, a resized being around 1.3 - 1.5 times normal (vs full 4x height giant)?

Back
Top Bottom