Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadian Man at Arms said:
You fixed the bug with horse animation, it works fine with skeletons, but when I activate Human it's wrong.

Unfortunately, there is no way for openBRF to guess for sure which skeleton or which skin must be used for which animation, or which skeleton must be used for which rigging. This is why it is up to the user to select the right skeleton for the right animation.
As I see it, the important is that there are way to correctly preview animations and riggings, even if there are way to view a mess instead. Anyway, it is just a preview-in-OpenBRF issue, the game itself doesn't care (as everything else in the "view" option box).

The icons are beautiful! Thanks a lot for your time!
I would leave the paper tags, and keep everything inside the sheet of paper in the doc version (renouncing at the shadow if necessary, or actually, renouncing at it anyway, to keep the armor as large as possible. in 32x32, every pixel counts :smile: ).
The antialiasing of the 32x32 could be improved...

mtarini said:
The icons are beautiful! Thanks a lot for your time!
I would leave the paper tags, and keep everything inside the sheet of paper in the doc version (renouncing at the shadow if necessary, or actually, renouncing at it anyway, to keep the armor as large as possible. in 32x32, every pixel counts :smile: ).
The antialiasing of the 32x32 could be improved...

Actually what I did was rescale the paper a wee bit smaller so that the armor (which wasn't downscaled) overlaps it :razz:. I did make another version where the armor fits inside the page but I still had to remove the paper's earmark.

Anti-aliasing was reworked.

Here's the final set, including the 256x256 for vista:

ico256.png
ico48.png
ico32.png
ico16.png

docico48.png
docico32.png
docico16.png

doctabico48.png
doctabico32.png
docico16.png

docico48_2.png
docico32_2.png
docico16_2.png

All included in this lib file: http://www.amade-wossname.com/tmp/mnb/icons/openBRF.icl

Btw, did you gleam anything useful out of the PLY file I sent you? Or do I still need to find an alternative PLY exporter script for Blender?

Lumos said:
Armors look pretty cool. But why are these white squares there?
that was mtarini's idea. do you know these dressup-games for kids where you have a "naked" body and you can apply several cloth-parts to it? these white squares represent those holding-thingies so that "cloth"-part wont slip off. check mtarinis post about this 1 or a few pages back

Lumos: the white squares were a specific request from me... I hoped they were self evident.

Supposed to be a humorous reference of what you typically accomplish with OpenBRF:

kate-moss-paper-doll.jpg

(only in my times there was no nudity in that kind of paper toys for girls :grin:)

Anyway... BEAUTIFUL icons!!!
Can I elongate the already overlong list of requests about that (prev ones has been all accommodated)...

If I can do that, here they are:

- in doc version, the thing to totally be inside the paper, without giving up the paper tags.
  As you suggested, a scissor in the larger icon sizes of the doc version?

- the neck area to be more... neck-area-ish, especially at the 32x32 and 48x48... the shading there seems to suggest there is a kind of a  sphere, maybe a small head... if it was more V shaped, lowered, and more flat looking it would be clearer.

- in the real big image, maybe the border around which you cut drawn with dashed line?

- finally, I would also like to have supplemental images that "explained the joke", to be shown in the about screen.
  Specifically: in the about screen the armor image as above would appear on top-left, surrounded by more
  cut-out images for arms, leg, and helm. On the top-right of the window, there would be the undressed warrior, very stylized,
  mean looking, but with red-on-white pois boxer (as to underline the need to dress him appropriately).

BUT I'm nitpicking a job which is really great already, which is very far away from my own capabilities as a graphicist.
(as is true for Swyter), and asking for a lot more to top at the same time.
So, amade, please endorse in the task only if you really feel like doing so. You already did too much, and I already appreciate it as much as I could. (same for Swyter)

Sorry, Dian, that one is still floating around in the todo list.  :oops:

Edit: the rar file I downloaded seems corrupt, I tried to redownload but now it says server temporary down.
Edit2: still down.

I've been very busy lately but just checked out this program again and great work guys, this is amazing!  A few minor comments:

- The status bar text description for "Import -> Anything from a BRF" has some spelling mistakes (antoher & vurrent)
- can you change the order of the tabs so its Mesh, Material, Texture, Col, etc.    I usually have mesh, material, and textures all in the same BRF, and since I never really have to change anything on the texture tab it would be more efficient to have Mesh and Material next to each other.

mtarini said:
- in doc version, the thing to totally be inside the paper, without giving up the paper tags.
  As you suggested, a scissor in the larger icon sizes of the doc version?

I'll try, currently none of the armors had to be shrunk to fit but to include the tabs it'll be unavoidable.

[quote author=mtarini]
- the neck area to be more... neck-area-ish, especially at the 32x32 and 48x48... the shading there seems to suggest there is a kind of a  sphere, maybe a small head... if it was more V shaped, lowered, and more flat looking it would be clearer.
[/quote]

You're right there, I'll make the adjustments.

[quote author=mtarini]
- in the real big image, maybe the border around which you cut drawn with dashed line?

- finally, I would also like to have supplemental images that "explained the joke", to be shown in the about screen.
  Specifically: in the about screen the armor image as above would appear on top-left, surrounded by more
  cut-out images for arms, leg, and helm. On the top-right of the window, there would be the undressed warrior, very stylized,
  mean looking, but with red-on-white pois boxer (as to underline the need to dress him appropriately).
[/quote]

The about page should be easy, since I already have the whole suit I just need to tweak the colours a bit, add tabs and draw the warrior (the naked guy I already have is copyrighted material).

[quote author=mtarini]
...which is very far away from my own capabilities as a graphicist.
[/quote]
Graphic designer :wink:

Btw, did you gleam anything useful out of the PLY file I sent you? Or do I still need to find an alternative PLY exporter script for Blender?
Sorry to repeat this but I didn't get an answer on this one either.

amade:
draw the warrior (the naked guy I already have is copyrighted material).

Then, don't. It would be superfluous. It was just an idea, but I'm having second thoughts.
I really thank you for the rest, I appreciate.
Just the chest armor icon is fine (unless the other piece of armours are ready already)

It's doable. What I'm doing is updating the vcg-library (a 3D lib I use for brf and that I contribute developing) to understand specific "dialect" of ply, because understanding what blender use is considered relevant enough.

HokieBT: ok.
I think it will be: CollBody, Mesh, Material,  Shader, Texture, Animation, Skeletons.
with the 1st tab open by default being Mesh if there is one, else Animation, else in the order of the above list.

Not sure if this has been mentioned - I haven't really been following - but when I export a beard mesh from M&B (Well, Warband actually) and import it into wings, the polygons are detached from each other. Have I missed anything obvious?

the same thing happens with brfedit, it is because the mesh is two sided so alot of the verts are lying ontop eachother & the program can become confused as to which vertices should be merged, I don't know if there is an elegant way to solve this (is there mtarini?), what I ended up doing is importing the mesh as-is and deleting one side of all the faces, merging existing verts, finish edits, duplicate then flip faces (to have double sided faces again), re-import....definitely not elegant nor efficient.

Exporting as an MD3 tended to sort out a lot of problems the obj format had in the old BRF edit.. of course importing old MD3s into OpenBRF produces problems of scale and rotation which are a right pain to fix..

New version!
From first page:
ver 0.0.32: (06 Nov):
- Correctly imports ply meshes from blender (useful for meshes with vertex-per-color)
- Backfacing faces removal/addition (useful for beard meshes, fur, etc)
- Preliminary export/import of rigged-meshes/skeletons from Maya .ma files
- Minor interface upgrades (tab order, removal of redundant options)
- Minor bug fixes (rigging with >4 bones, stability...)

Amade: the first point means it should now read ply files like the one you sent (thanks).

Beard meshes problem: it seems it is an issue with wings3d (which just likes closed meshes a lot).
It doesn't seem to me to depend on the format. Anyway, back-facing face removal above is designed to be a workaround.
You can: remove backfacing faces -> export -> import in wings3D -> edit -> export from wings3D -> import in openBrf -> add backfacing faces again.
When you remove backfacing faces, the beard mesh will be just one-sided and wings3D will like the mesh.

In general, adding backfacing faces means that one face is added for each current face, facing the opposite direction.
This is useful when your mesh is a thin (one sided) sheet of polygons that are supposedly visible from both sides.
(tech note: remember that M&B, like most games, keeps "backface-culling" always on -- you cannot change that).
Beware! OpenBrf cannot and won't check that adding backfacing faces is a sensible thing to do for that mesh.
It allows you to do this even when it is useless, e.g. in a mesh which is closed, or even which already has backfacing triangles.
That would  needlessly hurt in-game performances (increase number of faces).

The Maya import export is preliminary. You might want to try and test it, but no assurances.
In particular, export produces files with... visibility issues, and import does not like (and never will) files with an history, e.g. files where your mesh is the result of a sequence of operations which are still stored in the file.

The squashed rigging bug is the one identified by Dian a while ago. Dian: you want to re-download the new version because the hotfix I sent you had a minor bug... in the bugfix (oops).

Edit: as for the icon... amade thanks a bundle! The image resolution pyramids I see above are all what i need.
Only, can I have them in ico format rather than icl?

nice release, you never fail to surprise Mtarini.
I will test out the .ma export/import immediately.

Barf said:
I will test out the .ma export/import immediately.

Thanks! But it is very preliminary, many things just won't work.
Brutus is already helping me by testing and all. So you might want to wait.

Let's keep in mind that .ma files are not designed for easy import/export, to say the least.
I'm not trying to make something robust, that understands maya files in general, but something that will let maya user import export at least something by taking a lot of care about how they do that.

Back
Top Bottom