The Jester

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
Have you ever wanted to siege a castle, shoot an arrow through someone’s head, or beat some poor soul senseless while wearing a jester costume and wielding your favorite weapon?  Well now you can. 
a9fb16febf160a1068da2a5d355a0f455g.jpg

As some of you may know I have been working like crazy making new models and textures for SOD V5.  While testing these, I often use the Jester for a quick cheat here or there to make the test process faster but he just didn’t look funny enough for me so I decided to fix that. 

I used textures from the tournament garbs and mixed and matched until I had something that looks sweet.  If anyone wants to use these for another mod, it is all OSP, just PM me.  I hear “Jester Wars” will be out soon… 

Anyhow, I got the hat models 3rd hand and have no idea who the original designer is but the model was not to scale, stretched, and rotated incorrectly anyway.  Amade helped me tweak the model and I spent way to much time getting it to look right in game with as little clipping as possible. 

While I only textured one tunic, I made 2 hats.  Unfortunately, it seems that you cannot assign more than one hat to a NPC. I thought I could give the SOD Jester two hats and they would randomly spawn but it seems the first one always spawns by the looks of it from a few in-game tests.  I have to decide on one of the two to use in the game for the Jester.  Which do you prefer, the large hat (2 things) or the small hat (4 things)?  Vote now on this extremely critical issue…
More screenshots here:
2989d249db38ffeb381f48ceb57966fe5g.jpg

b9f496b2e2f0b4869e249ebeef52b6f45g.jpg

Large Hat

7804e35d99cc9e13acb2cab1421bd3735g.jpg

Small Hat

Heh very nice, I've been having a lot of fun with the mod, and it took me about 50 days before I noticed what the jesters were, don't really use them, but I like that they're in there. Especially to get a good look at whatever new items there are. Some of the quick start stuff is a good feature as well, mainly the companions. Riding around to all the different taverns to find someone is needless time wasting.

Oh! and four.

Thanks,
I thought about face paint but just been so busy to work on one unit with such a small role.  The only reason I did this is because I wanted the court to look more like a court.  With or without face paint, it still looks good.  I may do this after I complete the guilds.  Maybe give his face 4 colors to match the outfit...

Cyclohexane said:
Thanks,
I thought about face paint but just been so busy to work on one unit with such a small role.  The only reason I did this is because I wanted the court to look more like a court.  With or without face paint, it still looks good.  I may do this after I complete the guilds.  Maybe give his face 4 colors to match the outfit...

he should be able to help wiht morale and have a scepter ahha ^^

Back
Top Bottom