SP Native Over the Great Bloodfalls *On Hold*

What level of technology should be given to the Native tribes?

• Around the same level of technology they're inspiration's had. (mostly stone)

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Slightly more availability to copper, bronze, and iron than their real life comparison's.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • A far wider availability to the lesser metals, as well as access to iron and even steel.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • HAX LAZOORS!

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Almalexia

Her Flamboyance, the Calipha
Duke
Greetings, and a good day to you. In a groundbreaking effort, I, Tiberius Decimus Maximus, am making a mod. I have all the modding materials ready, I got the (quite) basic idea down, and I have the motivation.

As some of you diehard, fan-fic making followers of D'sparil may have guessed, I am basing this off the Eagle and the Radiant Cross universe. However, this is not on any map made so far. For this mod I am taking the player over the edge of the Great Bloodfalls, into unknown territory. Into a new world. Here is the background so far:

It has been years after the invasion of the foreign powers into Calradia, creating a era of chaos and warfare that can barely be imagined. Thousands died in South, as the Swadian Empire fought in massive battles to keep the Lion Throne at bay. Tens of thousands more died from disease and famine as all of it's might was brought to bear at this epic enemy. The borderlands between Ellis and Vienna where decimated, turning once fertile farmland into blackened battlefields, as the sound of cannon and shot echoed over the hills. Eventually, with the First Deva at their head, a massive army pierced their way through the Swadian defenses, and stormed Vienna. The city was near burned to the ground, and any who refused to accept the Filaharn faith was executed. The mad emperor Sigismund, fleeing from the Lion Throne, was assasinated by a group of desperate nobles, scrambling to make peace with these crazed invaders. Yet still the people held on. The Lion had reared it's mighty head, yet it could go no further. The empire fractured, yet through desperation the duchies, baronies, and counties of the realm banded together to combat this menace. The capital was moved to Zollern, showing as a beacon of hope for the thousands who flee north from the Radiant Cross. Yet with some of it's most fertile lands gone, the people look for a new land, a land of salvation that can free them from this realm of death and famine.

To the North, the other great invader of the Calradian lands grappled with enemies on all sides. The Queen Imelda had at last beat the Imperial State at sea, and the crumbled Dual Monarchy at land, but she had yet to obtain her goal: to own all of the Northern Coast of Calradia. Turned back from the foothills of the Imperial State, she directed all of her forces to the Tsardom. The Laurians swept through the Vaegir outlands with murderous haste, shocking the slow minded commanders of the Vaegirs. In three months they had already taken Ivangorod and Odoiev. But like a hibernating bear woken from its slumber, the Vaegir people rallied, and propelled their armies across the river, screaming hate. The Laurians, shocked, withdrew, but taking many of the Vaegir people with them. Forced by the army, the borderlands were emptied, and sent to Tihr, where they would be sold into slavery, or just left to roam the countryside, looking for employment, for hope, and a land that they can call their own. For all their wars, Calradia was growing, and soon, they would have to break out of their traditional boundaries. With the massive Lion Throne to the South, and Mountains and harsh highlands to the east and west, the people turn to the sea.

Four years after the two great invasions into Calradia, which have shocked it to it's core, a man, thought mad for his ideas, appealed to the court of Zollern, to take a fleet, and sail it into the unknown: over the great Bloodfalls. Declined by the dukes and barons, and thought insane by his peers, he fled to Lauria. There he asked for a fleet, and the Queen, desperate for a place to put the sudden influx of the Vaegirs, as well as the swollen population in Lauria itself, accepted. Then, on the year 1499, Jerardo Cantella sailed over the Bloodfalls, and lived. For two more months he sailed, and just as the last of the food stores ran out, he spotted land. An island, barely more than a rock, but it was land. This little, insignifigant isle would become the catalyst of all of Calradia's hopes, dreams, and ambitions. This would be their New World.

Oh, and for reference, here is the map from the highly acclaimed Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod for Mount and Blade

map1smallre3.jpg

Sketch for the new map for Over the Great Bloodfalls:

NewWorldMap.jpg

So, when you arrive (from the nationality of your choice) in the year 1500 PIA (Post Imperial Age) by Calradian standards, or 300,251 AC (Age of Creation), by Filaharn's standards, there is but a single isle, owned by the Laurians. It is far larger than the first island discovered by Cantella, but it is not enough. It's economy has already stabilized, and it is able to feed it's current population, but it will not be able to contain the massive flow of colonists coming from Calradia. The island will soon be overrun, and, as a intrepid explorer, you will search the seas for new lands, and great treasures.

Anyways, you may ask yourself: why create a topic, when you havn't even started the mod yet? Well, frankly, I need more ideas. I need names for lords, I need to ask permission, I need a whole little band of followers (just kidding... maybe), but most of all, I need help. I don't have all the time in the world, as I got to work and learn like everyone else (well, most of us), but I'll work as diligently as possible. I got a couple brothers to help me figure out python and the like, but some help from more experienced modders would be invaluable. I'll probably have the basic sketch of the map sometime tommarrow. And if someone could ring up Jan Boruta and see if he would be willing to do some concept art for me, that would be great  :wink:

I, of course, have obtained permission from D'sparil, but I'll still have to contact his contributors for permission. If anyone has any idea's as to any other items, features, and the like I can use, or would like to see in the mod, just tell me what it is, and who it's from, and their contributors. If I like what I see, I'll contact the appropriate people, and if not, I'll tell you. Just don't get peeved at me if I don't like your idea  :smile:

The features already set for production are:
A new map, obviously.
Some familiar old weapons and firearms from EATRC, and I'll see if I can make some new ones.
New banners
Some of your favorite old factions from the original, as well as native tribes, empires, and kingdoms.
The Warlord's Party, Featuring Swadii, and his trusty band of badly textured minions!
Sailing! Explore the Laurian Main!
Unique's, ranging from the familiar hand cannon, to the ruthless Sword of Sacrifice, to even repeating crossbows!
Invasions! Conquer your empire, but be wary, as other factions will soon wan't to stake their own claim in this new world.
Smaller battlemaps, for more intense fighting and a better jungle experience.
Up to 14 factions mixing old world factions with all new native factions.
Custom scenes for all or most of the settlements (will probably be on hold until the first release)
The North lands! Great forests of oak and birch stretching for miles, and, possibly, even the great tundra of the far North. Set for production after the initial release (chapter two)
Extended trade system! Trade precious goods from the mines, hunters, and plantations of the New World!
and some more as they come around...

Team (at the mo')

Tiberius Decimus Maximus (Useless, bumbling Idea guy)
Butscrew (Procrastinatin' Weapon Maker  :wink: )
Ambalon (Scene maker guy)
Austupaio (Weapons and Armor smith)
Captain Lust (Part time modeller and rigger)
Shalictar (menu interface, concept art making extraordinaire)
Xelvod (creator of buildings)
OMZdog (Texturer)
Corvid (Super-extra-awesome mapper dude)

Contributers (much obliged, lads)
The Great, the Magnificent, the Most Holy D'Sparil

Well, I thank you for your time, and hope you will be as excited about the plan as I am.

Poll results:
Should the map extend North, to more temperate lands, or just focus on the South?
Sure! I always wanted to play as my very own John Cabot!  70 (67.3%)Nah, focus on the South. Thats where all the good stuff is, anyway.  34 (32.7%)Total Members Voted: 104

Fall of Denial said:
I like the background story. Good luck, my frann. =)

Thanks man  :wink:

Say, you wouldn't happen to know where I could secure some Aztec-like armor/clothing? That would be great, as I'm just starting out, but once I get more skilled I'll start making my own stuff. But it is kinda critical, as I kinda have to show some progress, else I loose motivation, the mob loose interest, and then this jewel of an idea is in the trash.

Just like to point out that I'd be willing to help you with content. Modelling, UV-Mapping and texturing I can do, or anything I can do with the Item/Troop editors such as basic equipping and balancing.

Just be aware that I'm also working on the Warhammer 40k mod, so I may not be able to contribute completely to the mod, but I still want to help.. if you need it.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Thanks man  :wink:

Say, you wouldn't happen to know where I could secure some Aztec-like armor/clothing? That would be great, as I'm just starting out, but once I get more skilled I'll start making my own stuff. But it is kinda critical, as I kinda have to show some progress, else I loose motivation, the mob loose interest, and then this jewel of an idea is in the trash.
Hmm, well there was a Meso-American Mod for .808.
You could try to PM the author.

Austupaio said:
Just like to point out that I'd be willing to help you with content. Modelling, UV-Mapping and texturing I can do, or anything I can do with the Item/Troop editors such as basic equipping and balancing.

Just be aware that I'm also working on the Warhammer 40k mod, so I may not be able to contribute completely to the mod, but I still want to help.. if you need it.

Oh, thanks, any help would be great  :wink:

Anyways, I tried mapping a while back, and I have a question: how exactly do you make bridges? Because for the life of me I just could not figure it out.

Also, would it be exactly illegal if I took some stuff from the Napoleon: Ways to the Power mod? Because I think I have the perfect idea for a special party...  :twisted:

*EDIT*

Ah, thanks FoD. Much appreciated.  :smile:

Well, I was thinking while playing MTW2 the other day... would it be possible to throw something that decreases health over time? Cus... I was considering making hornet throwers, though I'm probably getting too ahead of myself now...  :wink:

Yeeeeeeeha! Good to see this, I wish you all the luck in the world. Who has made the reference map? I suspect either you, or someone from the Artwork thread...but awesome nonetheless.

vadermath said:
Yeeeeeeeha! Good to see this, I wish you all the luck in the world. Who has made the reference map? I suspect either you, or someone from the Artwork thread...but awesome nonetheless.

Jan Boruta IIRC.

it would be nice to see gallowglases and kerns representing the clans, I enjoyed EatRC but had to give those troops some tartan clothes for them so I borrowed and edited some of the kilts from Britain at war mod, so it was only for personal use :smile:

nice :razz: keep up the good work :grin:
you should add unique items like in EATRC but more of them and not just six' next you should do more firearms :razz: and kingdom management and last of all the regional\faction troops.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Anyways, I tried mapping a while back, and I have a question: how exactly do you make bridges? Because for the life of me I just could not figure it out.

To make a bridge you have to have either some kind of ground hidden under the bridge. Ford or just plain will work.

NOTE: And FFS do NOT, I repeat. Do NOT connect landmasses with ford only. This will cause havoc amongst the parties.

Tuckles said:
Hey Tiberius, have you considered the Custom Settlements mod? This being a colonial-style mod and all, I think it'd fit right in.

IIRC Bridges are party icons.

Well, yes, but it sounds a fair bit difficult to add in. This is my first mod, you see, but I'll definatly consider it later on. Oh and thanks for the help, Tuckles and Naglfaar. I'll keep that in mind.

komanko said:
nice :razz: keep up the good work :grin:
you should add unique items like in EATRC but more of them and not just six' next you should do more firearms :razz: and kingdom management and last of all the regional\faction troops.

I'll definatly keep at least most of the old unique's, but I'm planning to make a lot more too. Hows a repeating crossbow sound?  :twisted: Kingdom management I'm a bit iffy on, as EATRC is traditionally a join a faction or die mod. And there will definatly be regional/factional troops, once I figure out how to add them.

And is it possible to create two different icons for cities? Like, for example, if I wanted to make a Aztec-like city different from... say, the islander's capital? I havn't really seen it done, except for the overall changing of icons. And you can change the name of settlements, right?

Good heavy arbalestiers with contemporary, fast-firing crossbows would make my month. Also I think you should make the Kingdom Management like Sword of Damocles, that mod did it best in my opinion.

Austupaio said:
Good heavy arbalestiers with contemporary, fast-firing crossbows would make my month. Also I think you should make the Kingdom Management like Sword of Damocles, that mod did it best in my opinion.

Well, speaking of Sword of Damocles, how do you add invasions? Because, it would be logical for later on that the other factions (Vaegirs, the Swadians, even the Lion Throne) would wan't in on this, for differing reasons, of course. And is it possible to set them to invade by sea?

You could pop over to the Sword of Damocles Sub-forum and ask, I think that'd be your best bet for a solid answer.

Back
Top Bottom