[Development] - Suggestions, Brainstorming Thread for V5

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to sound a smartass but Mongols and Huns did apply slavery. Gengis Khan was a slave before he went on his greatness road. Also Chinese employed slavery for a long while as well. I slightly think that there might have been also something similar to slavery in the arabic world of the era, possibly with the turks of the ottoman empire, not sure.

So medieval times did see some slavery around the world.

Exin said:
I don't want to sound a smartass but Mongols and Huns did apply slavery. Gengis Khan was a slave before he went on his greatness road. Also Chinese employed slavery for a long while as well. I slightly think that there might have been also something similar to slavery in the arabic world of the era, possibly with the turks of the ottoman empire, not sure.

I'm not saying there wasn't!  I'm just saying I'm unfamiliar with what it looked like!

In Neal Stephenson's The Baroque Cycle - which is much later - like 18th century? - The Arabic world is portrayed as using slaves heavily in their slave-galleys.  Serfdom, debtor's prison, peasantry, indentured servitude, these are all but slavery in name.  So not that Europe gets a pass, but I don't know what exactly it looked like in the 12th or 13th centuries in Europe.  Just a vague sense of misery as a peasant, rather than a concrete notion of when did someone become a slave, and what sorts of purposes were slaves put to?  As help in noble houses?  As farm-hands on noble estates?  As miners?  As builders?

And what did slavery mean to Gengis?  What did slaves do?  Who kept them?  etc...?

Mordachai said:
Exin said:

I'm not saying there wasn't!  I'm just saying I'm unfamiliar with what it looked like!

In Neal Stephenson's The Baroque Cycle - which is much later - like 18th century? - The Arabic world is portrayed as using slaves heavily in their slave-galleys.  Serfdom, debtor's prison, peasantry, indentured servitude, these are all but slavery in name.  So not that Europe gets a pass, but I don't know what exactly it looked like in the 12th or 13th centuries in Europe.  Just a vague sense of misery as a peasant, rather than a concrete notion of when did someone become a slave, and what sorts of purposes were slaves put to?  As help in noble houses?  As farm-hands on noble estates?  As miners?  As builders?

And what did slavery mean to Gengis?  What did slaves do?  Who kept them?  etc...?
In Rome slave could keep around 10% of his income, most countrie's taxes today also allow us to keep something around this number with all visible and invisible taxes so I suppose we are slaves now :wink:

But to the point, MnB is just a fantasy really so we can develop own slavery there. The idea is that Zerrikanians are kind of Otoman Empire so they draft "Jannisaries".

The new laws sounds really cool but why remove taxes?  You could keep it in and just reduce the benefits / penalties.  It is a cool and unique feature.

Will each civilization and / or religion have access to different laws? 

For example, Zaks could issue a law to have free access to the best horses across the land giving penalty to villages but cheaper troops. 

The old gods could require animal sacrifices (- to prosperity but bonus to amount of holy warriors).  The void require human sacrifice (- prosperity and relations but huge boost to "holy" units).  Etc. etc. 

Also, why not include some new books.  They could be religious based and provide bonuses to prosperity, relations, or prestige (knowing religion better makes it easier to spread). 

I'd also like to see a book of maps.  This would be similar to the training, surgery, or wound treatment but would provide an knowledge of the area (all the shortcuts).  You keep this book in your inventory and you get a +1 bonus to pathfinding.  It could be easy to read (like required intelligence of 9) but fairly expensive (say $9,000).  Pathfinding is such a great skill.  I always tend to max out at 4 because I never get my intelligence over 12.  However, with this book, I could get it to 5 and then get the +2 bonus.  Very nice! 

How about a treasure map?  Since the new version will have water and pirates, could be a cool mini quest. 

Is it possible to give the nobles quests?  Such as bring these troops to my castle (save you a trip) or siege this castle?  So many useful things a noble can do.  Unfortunately, they do not even do what we ask now very well. 

darkedone02 said:
What if my village have found a witch? you got the option to burn her, or not. If your an atheist, this event will not occur.

Why?  Just add the option, who cares or I don’t believe in witches.  How about an exorcism!  I agree more special events will be fun.

vonmistont said:
New books sound good...
Maybe they could be a books with the stories posted on forum? That would be nice addition. Each story could give some skill.
There are plenty of stories around. Maybe the legion could contain a book about each faction that gives some kind of a bonus.

How about making non-interactive dialog featuring some ritual when you promote your first zealous noble to faith troop? If that would be possible it would add some immersion.

SanDiego said:
How about making non-interactive dialog featuring some ritual when you promote your first zealous noble to faith troop? If that would be possible it would add some immersion.
Would be nice. 5 dialogs for 5 faiths. Anyone wants to write it? (And if You do PM this don't post in public).

Would it be possible to include the lamellar armours and spiked helmets from the eagle and the radiant cross in this mod? I'd especially love to see the thick spiked helmet and reinforced spiked helmet from that mod?

I guess they would fit the Zerrikanian Sultanate maybe for their elite cavalry forces

We might add some new items. Though we are concentrated on more important features right now so if anyone finds any particular interesting item please do the following:

1) Check copyright for this item if it can be used in other mods.
2) Post this item here, with author's name, screenshot, mod of origin (with a link, if a mod has source released add a link to this source as well), item's id (you may find ite's ID in item_kids1.txt, or in item editor.

If i like the item on a screen having the information listed above i can add item really fast.

Here's the lamelar armour and Reinforced spiked helmet:

5beeaa31c46d0239158c522e4f10893ee654a93f.png

It's from The eagle and the Radiant Cross

So, I guess you have to speak to D'sparil about the other information

I don't know if this was suggested yet, and its really minor, but would help. If you go to towns and villages. Where it says for example".... is supportive of you" could it be added that its says the number behind it, like ".... is supportive of you(35)"
(I hope you can understand what I mend)

I think the Zerrikanians need some kind of medium/heavy infantry to help balance them when they fight sieges. Maybe they could be equipped with lamellar armor, saber and shield with an occasional spear? Oh and I would like the elite riders to have mostly sabers. Great job on this mod it's my favorite! btw this is my first post!

• -We need a certain building that can improve the health of the villages and cities at the same rate as the mills, We need a Healer's Hut for villages, and Hospitals for Cities
  • -We need another value to look on to the people, how about Entertainment? we know the villagers and the cities people will love to have a improve arena or a theater. The more people that are entertain, they will pay more taxes, more taxes help pay off your castles and man.
  • -We also need a graphical change on our villages and cities that we conquer. Depending on my race or my beliefs that I spread, I want to see brand spanking new architectures on my villages and cities. If I believe in the one, I should see my town looks very shiny, The town that I enter got a change of looks on the walls, the houses, and all that, almost everywhere I go, I see the religious symbol of the one carved in the gates or whatnot.
  • -I want to see my buildings that I just built in the towns and villages, I want to see the grand temple of the old ones and go inside to see the local people praying at one of the god's statue. If I go visit my castle, I should see my barracks and see people using the training dummies.
  • -We need more religions in this game, I see that you done "The old ones" which suppose to be most of the pagan religions, but I don't see a nature religion similar to the celtic or wicca-like religion.

Well, in SoD there are quite lot religion types:
The One: traditional christian-like religion
The Void: counterpart to the One, satanistic-like
The old gods: This is closest to what you probably call pagan (how do you define pagan, btw :wink:)
Enlightenment/self realization: This is something like buddhism, so that will go for your natural religions.
Atheistic: no explanation needed.

Personally, I think that more religions are not needed, there are enough already.

SanDiego said:
Well, in SoD there are quite lot religion types:
The One: traditional christian-like religion
The Void: counterpart to the One, satanistic-like
The old gods: This is closest to what you probably call pagan (how do you define pagan, btw :wink:)
Enlightenment/self realization: This is something like buddhism, so that will go for your natural religions.
Atheistic: no explanation needed.

Personally, I think that more religions are not needed, there are enough already.

The pagans have many looks. The Greek's build pantheons for their grand temples, They khemetics (Egyptian) build temple complex which is like the pantheons. Now there is neo-pagan religions, that Wicca has their type of religious structure, like covens. Each Pagan religion has it's different looks, and descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom