Best-dressed Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

I assume the book is about the fighting for Brazilian independence?

If you speak Portuguese you'd probably have an easier time finding out more about the book than I do :razz:

It says "the revolt of colonized peoples: the process of decolonisation and independence in africa and asia". I think. But reading Spanish/Portuguese from English is really easy.
In that case it's probably a painting of the sudanese revolt based on those clothes. Can't find the exact image though. Type "battle of ordurman".

Ninja'd

I searched it, the colonial forces are really similiar to the ones in the book, but not the same. Anywas, what's the name of the episode of France sending an army to counter a revolt? I think it was in XX Century.

If you reverse-search the image, you get blogs talking about the battle of Dogali and Adwa; Italy against Ethiopia, both were hilarious devastating defeats for Italy. Not one of them cites the name of the painting or the artist.

Warning - while you were typing...

"After the roman empire collapsed, the italian military was only ever a threat to itself"
- my dad's albanian friend

It was a relatively new and deeply divided country in the 1890s. My dad's albanian friend would claim that italians and spaniards are too tired to fight, but it had a lot to do with corrupt/inept leadership that was basically a family business.

jacobhinds said:
"After the roman empire collapsed, the italian military was only ever a threat to itself"
- my dad's albanian friend

It was a relatively new and deeply divided country in the 1890s. My dad's albanian friend would claim that italians and spaniards are too tired to fight, but it had a lot to do with corrupt/inept leadership that was basically a family business.
The Kingdom of Italy's army of the 1800s was really good, it had lots of excellent soldiers.
The Neapolitan army was quite terrible though.

:mrgreen: http://americaninnorthkorea.com/tag/transnistria/

transnistria-c2b8-phillegal-org-13.jpg

That's probably just a severe case of bad artist over anything else. East Asia's a big place; i don't see anything fundamentally wrong with the faces. And i spent two weeks in sichuan.
The guy on the right seems to be wearing a character from aqua teen hunger force on his head though.

The artist is Michael Perry, and in another of his books, Men-at-Arms #275 Taiping Rebellion 1851-66, he manages to make a French sailor look, I don't know, Japanese or something.

My8i8xV.jpg

jacobhinds said:
That's probably just a severe case of bad artist over anything else. East Asia's a big place; i don't see anything fundamentally wrong with the faces. And i spent two weeks in sichuan.
The guy on the right seems to be wearing a character from aqua teen hunger force on his head though.
Try these.
GZM15.jpg

WnsAw.jpg
I'm Taiwanese. I don't look like a zombie. If it's just poor artistic skill then it is quite a coincidence that he is bad in a way that makes his Asian characters look extremely stereotypical. It actually kind of reminds me of 19th-20th century American anti-Chinese cartoons.

The first image is fine, considering they're yelling, screaming and such. But that second image faces. :lol: The look so, Idk, like apes. The artist doesn't like Asians much, eh?

Back
Top Bottom