Got a new comp... now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

SolemnTear

Recruit
My old computer finally broke down a few months ago, and now I finally have a new one. An awesome XPS 240~ <3

Problem is.. mount and blade was on the old computer...
I'm curious if there is a way to transfer the ownership to my have to buy it all over again? I really hope there's a way to bring it to the new comp, because I'd rather not have to re-buy the game (cheap as it is) because a teenage girl living with just her boyfriend.. yeah.. gaming love isn't getting the funds it used to when I didn't have bills...

I don't mind having to buy it again if I HAVE to, M&B is my favorite game besides Mabinogi. I just don't wanna spend money if I don't have to, y'know?

Any help for ST?

Well if you still have the old computer there, you could open it and take the hard drives inside it to your new computer.
And therefore transfer M§B  to another hard drive or USB-Memory stick... or just keep it in the old hard drive.
(Hopefully the hard drives aren't broken ehh?)
Do this only if you dont remember your serial!

SellSword said:
Well if you still have the old computer there, you could open it and take the hard drives inside it to your new computer.
And therefore transfer M§B  to another hard drive or USB-Memory stick... or just keep it in the old hard drive.
He'd still need his serial because the activation is tied to the old hardware -- not just the disk drive (as I understand it). Happily we get two activations on new hardware every 60 days so he should be okay.

Yes the key code is locked deep down in the old computer's windows registry...

So reinstall and reactivate...I had to do the same thing this morning...You might want to grab your
character and any custom banners and whatnot while you still have the old computer though.  :wink:

Archonsod said:
Or you could do it the easy way and just download & install on the new PC, and use your serial to activate it.

If you've lost your serial, there's instructions to recover it here

Thanks Archonsod.  I read this thread and realise I lost my serial as well.  Got my game years ago when it's still v.690 and somehow yahoo decided to delete my purchase email!

SellSword said:

The reason I got the XPS is because my old computer just completely DIED everything inside it was fried completely. Since at the time I didn't have a backup modem, all my life's work was GONE. Stories, artwork, contacts, programs. So slowly I've been having to rebuild over 7 years of work.

Woe is the foolish girl who doesn't backup her hardware... Although I guess since my ld one fried I got this very nice new one that i can load even more programs to help my work in ^^ And this tiem I got a backup storage unit!

Alright! I got my code back! And Oh God and Goddess how you guys done some work! Is that a new horse mesh and animation I see!?

Thanks everyone for your help! i can't wait to create my all girl army again! I'm going to rule this revamped world with a well manicured fist!

makky said:
All girl army? would that be like solely sword sisters?

Yup, as well as any female heroes I find. I'm a girl myself, so if I was trying to become a warlady, I'd prefer the company of more women in my army than men. Plus.. you ever tried to fight a ticked off chick? You never win, no matter what you do!  :mrgreen:

makky said:
Some nice sketchs there solemn (ur art site) ur pretty talented.. :grin:

A lot of people say I am, but I want to get better. My goal is to be a game designer and build my own game company.  One of the main things i'm shooting for if I get that far is to create a game that is catered to the tomboys like me and my friends, since we've yet to find the perfect game. many have come close.. but none have ever come to par...

Yeah seems like theres always something better out there..although as far as single player games go Mount and Blade is at the top of the list atm.. :grin:

makky said:
Yeah seems like theres always something better out there..although as far as single player games go Mount and Blade is at the top of the list atm.. :grin:

Yeah, there will always be one better out there, and there will always be a want to get even better than you are if you're already on top. I think mostly I just want to be good enough to make a game girls like me like. Just because we like pink bunnies and doing our nails doesn't mean we don't enjoy mail and plate and lopping heads off as well!

Back
Top Bottom