[ECS2] Discussions and Improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

For it to be a true competitive esport everyone needs to be playing the same game.

If you've modified anything, your game is not the same unless the other player has the same modification. Irrespective of any or no advantage you can't have equality when your using 2 different games.

The solution is to create a base game, or mod that includes certain allowable changes, but inhibit others. So you could have a selection of 5 cross hairs Everyone can choose from but the base texture files can't be changed.

The problem with warband is the fact it's been set up to allow so much freedom within the modding community, the competitive scene was not and is not catered for.

Hopefully with banner Lord that changes.

O and my view is no mods what's so ever except admin as that's a necessity

I like the idea of a "mod pool", with an easily accessible repository thread complete with download links to all of the approved modifications.

MacKain said:
For it to be a true competitive esport everyone needs to be playing the same game.

If you've modified anything, your game is not the same unless the other player has the same modification. Irrespective of any or no advantage you can't have equality when your using 2 different games.

This doesn't  apply to CS:GO or Dota 2 so I don't understand why'd it apply in this game.

Das Knecht said:
I like the idea of a "mod pool", with an easily accessible repository thread complete with download links to all of the approved modifications.

Is it a possibility to invite a few relevant, interested people and hold a meeting on teamspeak to discuss changes/improvements to the ruleset for the next tournament?

Watly said:
Is it a possibility to invite a few relevant, interested people and hold a meeting on teamspeak to discuss changes/improvements to the ruleset for the next tournament?

I agree, although when you said 'relevant' I would say everyone is relevant as people want to also change rules. You don't want to change rules that no one likes. Instead of people repeating over and over again what they want. I'd prefer possibly get some 'relevant' people for a meeting. Once the meeting is over, then possibly make a poll, then it's a win-win?

I'm not sure to everything you wrote Fietta but anyways, I would be up for a meeting with people able to bring differents angles and views on the subject, as Watly suggested it.

It's all a matter of time and organisation at the end, to see this happening.

This sounds like how the Americans do things which usually ends awfully, tournament-by-committee. There's certain things we need feedback on like mods allowed to be used but other than that admins have usually shown good sense in the rules and systems implemented. I'd rather allow them to host another tournament without subjecting them to every facet being nitpicked.

I don't think I correctly brought over the idea. The admins still create the rule-set, but this way we can turn 3-4 weeks of forum debate into a meeting of about 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom