What is your greatest fear/phobia?

Users who are viewing this thread

RabbleKnight said:
jacobhinds said:
I think about death almost constantly so it doesn't bother me. What really terrifies me is being eaten alive by an animal.
As long as i stay away from Australia or Africa though I don't see that coming to fruition any time soon.
There no wild animals in England?
You can be eaten by wolves, bears and werewolves (Werewolves are part of Quebec folklore) in Quebec.
Probably brought to Quebec by the French with the beast of Gévaudan and whatnot.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
We have badgers.

So not really at risk of being by wild animals. Unless you get murdered and weighted down in a lake or canal, in which case you're fish food. But even if you were chucked in alive, you wouldn't stay that was for long.

What if you startled a cow or deer while out on a country walk though? It charges into you, knocking you to the ground, breaking a leg and giving you concussion. Dragging yourself away from the animal into the trees so that it will no longer see you as a threat, you soon realise you are unable to walk, and feeling groggy. You drift into a deep sleep. You wake in darkness to the sound of snuffling and a nibbling sensation on your damaged leg......seconds later you register the pain, but you can't escape! Whilst one badger gnaws at you, another sneezes repeatedly onto your face, ensuring that even if you fight them off now you will in time become debilitated by tuberculosis and easy prey. And then more arrive.....

Close-up-of-badger-teeth.jpg

badgercubs.jpg

BadgerWeb.jpg

angry-badger1.jpg

I'm afraid of only two things. That I will go insane and that I already have and don't know it.

Also - alligators, crocodiles and aneurysm.

Afraid of losing my mind. Alzheimer's, etc.

Afraid of wasting my life, not living up to my potential or not seizing the chances I have.

Fear of going crazy? Nah. I'd rather lose my marbles than lose all my limbs and be stuck fully cognizant in a body that can't do anything. Unless of course it was to happen at a time during which advanced robotics mean that lost limbs can be replaced by powerful prosthetics which increase your strength and speed and possibly shoot lasers out of cool pop-up guns. I would be like RoboCop. Only more, RoboPharaoh. In fact, I might just download my consciousness into a fully robotic body. That would solve both potential problems.

If you can't get a RL woman to put a shoe on her head you're clearly doing something wrong. I would do it for £5 but it would have to be a clean shoe. It goes up to £100 if it's a shoe that's been worn, and twice that if it's been worn outside.

Back
Top Bottom