Bug Reports and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm starting a scientific approach to see exactly what the relation between version and startup is, besides if updating helps with the armless people that seem plenty in my playthroughs. 1.160 works with the armless, people, I will delete the mod and saves and update to 1.163 to check, 1.167 has the viking conquest bug.

I just played the mod again, and I had a fight against some Sayazanid Rebel Lord. Then my men randomly formed a perfect anti-cav Square, that absolutly killed the enemy cav. Was that a bug? If not, how do I make that happen again?

MWFsVl.jpg

Couple of things; firstly, I'm getting a weird graphical glitch where my characters beard moves across his face :razz: I assume the issue is that the beard is coded to stay in the same place, while my character sways about (EDIT: At second glance, there seems to be a wind effect in the character creation screen which is causing the hair to move, but not the body). I've only noticed this in the character creation screen so far; not sure if the same thing happens in-game. Secondly, all the New Order series of weapons seem a bit weird; the Carbine and the Light Infantry Rifle are ridiculously slow compared to their counterparts, and the Guard Rifle currently has it's ammo set to 10 (!), which makes it ridiculously overpowered.

jacobhinds said:
The armlessness is due to a script operation that was introduced in 1.165 (i think), that's used in the script I made to give race-specific arms and legs to clothes.

Right. 1.163 seems to fix both issues.

jacobhinds said:
The armlessness is due to a script operation that was introduced in 1.165 (i think), that's used in the script I made to give race-specific arms and legs to clothes.
That actually seem to work really well. i thought it was really well done that what used to be race specific could be worn by others.

Loving the mod so far, great work!  My only complaint is shield placement.  I had a fairly large shield but because of where it was placed, it was useless against arrows.  Not sure if that was intended, but ya.  Maybe take a look at that, that'd be swell.

The non-Gunpoder Factions Castels and Citys are too bad defended. Espacilly the Bow-Only Factions shoud have more men.

The NPC and the Charcter arent holding their guns properly, their hand is hovering under it.
ipOysP8Rj

If choosen the Queen Campaing, the portrait is  doing some weird Heavy-Metal moves
ipvSmEtZj

Kastind Modern Infantery (atleast when the "start all faction modernised" is choosen) are...Sarranid Deserters (dafuq?), making Kastind completly useless.

exLuJksYj
ipzjrBGHj

MrMundy said:
If choosen the Queen Campaing, the portrait is  doing some weird Heavy-Metal moves
ipvSmEtZj

:lol: That's probably caused by a weird bug that happens to character models outside of battles. Sometimes you talk to a lord and he's doing an uppercut the second before the dialog boxes appear. I used to have this issue in native quite a lot, but it seems hardcoded so I'm not sure what to do about it. It's probably a very rare bug.

The issue with sarranid troops has been fixed. Depending on how much stuff needs doing, I'll release a half-way hotfix for the more prominent bugs.

Thanks for the extremely fast reply, i've just started playing 2.0 and got the arquebus so that must be the reason i thought the sounds have been changed hehe

Yes. It helps the campaign map run a little smoother, and makes the world feel a bit larger (I felt it was silly that you and anyone else could traverse the entire world in 2-3 days). Tests I ran before this change made it really difficult to start a kingdom because everybody could send a campaigning army right to your doorstep in <2 days.

However if you prefer the faster movement I'll add a menu option at the start of the game. It won't be as fast as native though as I don't think the map suits it.

Bugs

There seems to be an invisible wall in the Kasthinid citidel seige scene.
DiIuCvP.jpg

The armor shops seems oddly dominated by Gathani armor, other factions armor is absurdly rare. C'mon, no sayaznid breastplates in kalahar?

Is Sayazn supposed to be able to go to war with Sayaznid Provinces? Seems like it would be a good event, like a rebellion or something, but they just seem to act like an independant nation in my game.

Some things I found odd.

Matchlock>Flintlock>Wheellock. Shouldn't it be Flintlock>Wheellock>Matchlock?

The bayonet doesn't seem to be much better in melee than just whacking a guy over the head with a matchlock. Maybe it's just me though.

Things I'd like to see.

More use of interiors - when I got my first "find the fugitive" quest I spent a good 10-15 minutes busting down doors and peering in windows. I was disappointed to find him standing around in a squatters camp outside. For seiges maybe have the option of cutting through a building instead of running through the streets?

For freelancer I was thinking maybe at the final rank you get to be an officer and command a few troops? I've come across many occasions where I would have loved to be able to have a few good men, such as putting one in each window of a building during a seige.

This is a wonderful mod. I love the setting, the gameplay is fresh (dem seiges), and everything seems quite balanced so far.

Note that I am playing this on 1.163 due to the viking conquest DLC serial key bug.

Edo said:
Bugs

There seems to be an invisible wall in the Kasthinid citidel seige scene.
DiIuCvP.jpg

The armor shops seems oddly dominated by Gathani armor, other factions armor is absurdly rare. C'mon, no sayaznid breastplates in kalahar?

Is Sayazn supposed to be able to go to war with Sayaznid Provinces? Seems like it would be a good event, like a rebellion or something, but they just seem to act like an independant nation in my game.

Some things I found odd.

Matchlock>Flintlock>Wheellock. Shouldn't it be Flintlock>Wheellock>Matchlock?

The bayonet doesn't seem to be much better in melee than just whacking a guy over the head with a matchlock. Maybe it's just me though.

Things I'd like to see.

More use of interiors - when I got my first "find the fugitive" quest I spent a good 10-15 minutes busting down doors and peering in windows. I was disappointed to find him standing around in a squatters camp outside. For seiges maybe have the option of cutting through a building instead of running through the streets?

For freelancer I was thinking maybe at the final rank you get to be an officer and command a few troops? I've come across many occasions where I would have loved to be able to have a few good men, such as putting one in each window of a building during a seige.

This is a wonderful mod. I love the setting, the gameplay is fresh (dem seiges), and everything seems quite balanced so far.

Note that I am playing this on 1.163 due to the viking conquest DLC serial key bug.

1+

Regarding the gathani ~ I'd also still quite like to see the militia you get in the starting quest be replaced with provincial pikemen/musketeers rather than gathani foot archers you get as it stands now.

Back
Top Bottom