.722 art update

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
I've been asked to delay this a few days to let more balancing take place.

the reason given me makes sense.
I'm considering turning off all the male lords chasing women so players chasing princesses can absolutely score.  It seems to be the real reason they're here...

- GS

Rarilmar said:
And once you get that problem fixed you will have a new request... Poligamy! :lol: :mrgreen:

actually that's something I WANT to add.
  Theres some nice scripts discussed elsewhere, and it looks like something neat to explore. 
  But I should mention my calendar is booked till at LEAST Valentines day already, so its a late February sort of thing.

I haven't completely given up on Perisno but I'm working on it 50% instead of 100% atm.

- GS

gsanders said:
I'm considering turning off all the male lords chasing women so players chasing princesses can absolutely score.  It seems to be the real reason they're here...

- GS

Best sentance ever  :mrgreen: Also congrats on being the fourth most popular mod on modDB! Amazing work

Getting closer to satisfaction.

Today:
  1) put in a cheat flag to ask lords (a Princess is technically a "lord", although that's usually assumed male by Native)
    top drop their other pursuits.  This allows a person to FORCE a cleared rivals list, although it sort of borders on hostile magic.

Its slightly better than stopping all love triangles.  They're a fact of life, and free agency is probably the last great hope for
our poor AI.  (That is, if they were able to hope, which at the moment isn't happening...)

2) Economy having play tested a bit I've adjusted starting resources to try to change mid game pricing on raw materials for
players operating enterprises to try their hand at buying their own supplies.  Enterprise price, production output, input, operating overhead, and regional pricing on raw materials should make the trading metagame a little less "limp".  Maybe.

3) Removed the free trade ledger from the start, where people were earlier encouraging themselves to go back and forth until their inventory overflowed and then they didn't have weapons and gear.  Must have intimidated bandits not much:
Code:
("Ho Varlet.  Dost thou not see this book in my hands? Know thee not what pain a papercut couldst inflict? Is that a dragon??", do_action_stage_left[]),

4) More money and/or stats from character creation.  Its not soo great a gift, but merchants can buy an enterprise or two and everyone else at least can get a few mercs from the start, or... if they choose something less sparkly, much less money but better stats.  Women tend to have increased riding skills, since we are knee deep in mounts that need skill.  We'll see how it tests; after all guys can ask to start as lesser nobles and get a fief in 2 weeks or so.  What do women get?  Not even great AI husbands...

5) Oh my gosh!  Silber and Melanie managed to accidentally put all sorts of interesting mercs in the city for recruiting.
After moving the few no-go choices (Wolf parties, Demon parties, Ialoch, some greater bandits), the list of potential recruits in town is greatly expanded.  Veteran Gladiatrix?  Why yes, I'd hire you... if I could afford it that is... (since pay is level based).  But this opens up Mosaru, legionaires, Volheeres, Illica, all sorts of rough looking characters.  Why not?  I kind of like it.  In fact, it's GENIUS!  Thanks for that surprise...

- GS

I didn't have anything to do with the merc recruiting.  In my version, all I can get is Cavalryman mercs, no matter where I go  :cry:  So I credit Silberfalke.  But I like it  :smile:

MelanieWard said:
I didn't have anything to do with the merc recruiting.  In my version, all I can get is Cavalryman mercs, no matter where I go  :cry:  So I credit Silberfalke.  But I like it  :smile:
Well it happened when making the troopfile have better oversight, but...

:twisted: *puts the credits in his deep and empty pockets and runs away with it* :grin:

Spent the day adding an "inheritance" menu at new character creation (since this seems to be happening so often after patch day)
that among other things:

1)  adds around 45-50K worth of "stuff", where primary stats are considered worth 5K gold, secondary skills 3.5-4K gold, and otherwise valuation according to what the Mystic Merchant charges you.  I know half of you would rather spit at gifts and do it the "hard way" but in a world where its all too easy to press a few keys and cheat wealth I may as well make the first in game 2 weeks less mind numbing.  I hope you like my choices; they respond to different role play needs, and I hope you'll find each of them surprisingly useful.

2) Removed the "back" selections on character creation to prevent at least one of you from trying his or her hand at collecting all the inheritances.  Sorry, but its already generous enough.

3) You can thank Rigale's author Cernanos for the concept and structure of the inheritances menu; alas these are different than his
but from a code perspective its his feature.  Rigale is at  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,209.0.html

I'm exploring that module but it is a difficult port to coexist with diplomacy; the two are possible to coexist, but finding portions that align to compare the two is difficult as sections are moved every which way and its uncertain any given section is even close in their interpretation of what to put for the same function.

I won't take everything, as I think its too confusing to open camp menu and decide to sneak/ambush/stop sneak/stop ambush/explore/stop explore/camp in the wilderness and wake up much less refreshed than before etc.  But that wont stop me from stating that if some of these things were smoother or automatic I wouldn't be tickled to put them in (well, crafting will come, bards singing for revenue and fame/groupies will come, but I think I want camping and exploring to either be less drastic or give healthy bonuses to foresters, nomads, and elves/dwarves/draharans/ rangers for these.

As it remains an extremely difficult merge this will not happen until Valentine's day or thereabouts. (Diplomacy + Rigale)
Perisno is mostly diplomacy in architecture so solving for stock Diplomacy makes the port to Perisno fairly easy, and happens shortly after I release the merge (stock Diplomacy 4.3 + stock Rigale v11)  back to Cernanos next month.  There are some limitations to crafting I'd like to overcome, such as I want to combine tailoring and leatherwork to one skill, and make silk shirts for court and ladies court dresses and other stuff.  No, I don't wear mascara -- but I think we should be able to craft new, semi magical items, such as merchant outfits that boost merchant skills, or something that has resistances in other submods.  So its all useful time for me.

And that's how I wasted today.  I know I promised a patch tomorrow, testing now...

- GS

edit:  I expect to release this patch tomorrow late afternoon.  Testing shows one serious bug related to items and mercs so we'll hunt that tomorrow.
That one at least is relatively easy to find and solve.

Back
Top Bottom