Mount & Blade Warband version 1.165 patch (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Have pushed this out to release.

Hello all,

We have updated Warband's exe (application) file as a beta on Steam. This is compatible with the old versions and should simply fix one or two issues with Native that occurred in the previous version.

Changelog:
-controller support fixes
-pathfinding fixes

Just as a reminder, here are instructions on how to enter the beta branch on Steam:

To select this, you need to right click on "Mount & Blade Warband" in your Library, open the betas tab and enter "betapassword" then press Check Codes. Then select the beta from the dropdown menu. You may need to close and restart steam for the download to begin.

We plan to release this within an hour or two, providing everything is working properly.

Thank you.

Lust, please take this in account:
Have they fixed the Khergit ranged troops actually being marked as cavalry? I know it sounds weird, but the cavalry flag which is assigned to them prevents the troops from holding their assigned position in sieges, and makes them move towards the defence point. Without archers holding to their spawn points, their castles are considerably weaker. I have manually fixed that by changing the "cavalry" flag to "archers" for the units which have bows. Through that, the Khergits can act in a normal way while defending their castles/towns. An official fix would be welcome on that regard.
That's just a matter of minutes. It's a small fix whcih solves a pretty major flaw in Khergit sieges.

The solution is to assign the bow equipped Khergit troops as "Archers" instead of "Cavalry". It's been tested and it works.

The Bowman said:
Have they fixed the Khergit ranged troops actually being marked as cavalry? I know it sounds weird, but the cavalry flag which is assigned to them prevents the troops from holding their assigned position in sieges, and makes them move towards the defence point. Without archers holding to their spawn points, their castles are considerably weaker. I have manually fixed that by changing the "cavalry" flag to "archers" for the units which have bows. Through that, the Khergits can act in a normal way while defending their castles/towns. An official fix would be welcome on that regard.
That's just a matter of minutes. It's a small fix whcih solves a pretty major flaw in Khergit sieges.

The solution is to assign the bow equipped Khergit troops as "Archers" instead of "Cavalry". It's been tested and it works.
If they are going to do this they should probably just make a Horse Archer class. It does only apply to one faction in Native but I find that the horse archers in this game are notable enough to deserve the distinction.

Hello

I have an issue with the French translation for Warband 1.164 (non-Steam)!
I do not know if this is always the case with the version 1.165 patch for Steam?  :?:  :?:  :?:

In the folder new_langage, with csv files, all the first lines not want to be translated.
For example, the first line of the game_menus.csv file: menu_start_game_0|Welcome, adventurer,..., despite the translation into French, it continues to remain in English in game!

For translators who have this issue, I have a solution, just add an imaginary line at the beginning of the files, including the 3 main csv files.
For example, game_menus.csv file, to the beginning of the file put what you want, a possibility: menu_1164|Hello bug...  :cool:

Regards.
Tchin!
:twisted:

Ruthven said:
The Bowman said:

If they are going to do this they should probably just make a Horse Archer class. It does only apply to one faction in Native but I find that the horse archers in this game are notable enough to deserve the distinction.

I don't think it is necessary. It is just about changing troop flags in SP for horse archers. As far as I remember, they were actually designated as "Archers" in the earlier versions, but for some reason they changed it to "Cavalry", which messed up their AI behaviour while defending in sieges.

After Steam auto-update I can't start the game (I play it yeasterday). I try full reinstall (delete local contend, move mods in other directory and clean redownload), but doesn't help. Then I try to return mods and start Rus 13th via it's WSELoader that uses old mb_warband.exe and it's works fine. Then I move mb_warband_old.exe from WSE directory to main directory and it starts too without WSELoader. The problem is only with mb_warband.exe from last Steam update.

Edit: OK. Restart of the Stam client fix the problem. It's strange that I can't start the game direct from it's exe file or desktop shortcut, but it starts from Steam lib.

As if by magic, once Steam infects a game, patches break the game for those getting patches forced onto them by Steam and patches stop being delivered to those that prefer or are forced to managing their own computers.
Get off Steam and get back to developing quality games again instead. :cry:

I think that patch broke my game.
I've already re-downloaded it, but yet I still have the "cannot connect to the server" error.
Also, it says "validating serial number" at the top left of the screen.
What is the problem? Couldn't play it for 3 days or more I guess.

Captain Lust said:

Hello all,

We have updated Warband's exe (application) file as a beta on Steam. This is compatible with the old versions and should simply fix one or two issues with Native that occurred in the previous version.

Changelog:
-pathfinding fixes

Just as a reminder, here are instructions on how to enter the beta branch on Steam:

To select this, you need to right click on "Mount & Blade Warband" in your Library, open the betas tab and enter "betapassword" then press Check Codes. Then select the beta from the dropdown menu. You may need to close and restart steam for the download to begin.

We plan to release this within an hour or two, providing everything is working properly.

Thank you.

Hello,
I've found a bug with Native Warband 1.165 as well as with 1.163 and the prior versions:

Lets say for example the player is a lord of Kingdom of Vaegirs and he takes a quest from Boyar Bracha to denounce Boyar Taisa and duel him. When the player tries to complete the quest, in the dialog box with Boyar Bracha, there is a line with a text something like that "I denounced Boyar (Bracha) as you requested." Instead of (Bracha) it should be (Taisa) in the text, which is obviously mistaken. I tested it three times and the text always said that I successfully denounced that Boyar who gave me the quest instead of the one who I was supposed to denounce. The error is purely a misconception and the quest plays and finishes normally, but it is irritating nonetheless.

Thank you!

wildyracing said:
Captain Lust said:

Hello all,

Changelog:
-pathfinding fixes

Thank you.

Hello,
I've found a bug with Native Warband 1.165 as well as with 1.163 and the prior versions:

Lets say for example the player is a lord of Kingdom of Vaegirs and he takes a quest from Boyar Bracha to denounce Boyar Taisa and duel him. When the player tries to complete the quest, in the dialog box with Boyar Bracha, there is a line with a text something like that "I denounced Boyar (Bracha) as you requested." Instead of (Bracha) it should be (Taisa) in the text, which is obviously mistaken. I tested it three times and the text always said that I successfully denounced that Boyar who gave me the quest instead of the one who I was supposed to denounce. The error is purely a misconception and the quest plays and finishes normally, but it is irritating nonetheless.

Thank you!

Any dev to confirm that my report is received?

Still no Module System available? :neutral:

Also, there's a bug in MS operations face_keys_get_morph_key and face_keys_set_morph_key - they only work for first 8 morph keys out of 23 that are defined in module_skins.

I think you'd better make these reports in the thread about 1.165 being released for Steam instead, as it seems TaleWorlds has abandoned their non-steam users.
Not a good way to keep customers around for Bannerlord, but it's pretty obvious by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom