Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a couple of shots from the tests I conducted on Khudan in the previous days. These cover only very specific moments though.
pt-0e.jpg

cIpI1.jpg

xWFHz.jpg

zON0e.jpg

Always very impressed by your scening The Bowman. Especially the way you use the elevate tool to create details is great - thinking roads and ravines in particular.

Holy moly :shock: Just found this right after I have finished compiling my favorite scenes...

Looks fantastic! I really like Khudan. Looking forward to what you're going to do to Sarranid towns... would be lovely if you're interested in taking some inspiration from Abbasid Baghdad. :grin:

One thing though if I'm allowed to comment: in Curaw and Khudan, wouldn't the bridge be a bit larger? Considering caravans and large armies cross them and it looks quite large in the world map.

Cozur said:
Always very impressed by your scening The Bowman. Especially the way you use the elevate tool to create details is great - thinking roads and ravines in particular.

Thanks. The road elevation in partcular is an insipration from Native itself. I used to walk in the villages and noticed that the roads are somewhat erroded, so I was eager to experiment on that. Just as soon as I figured it out, it became a standard for all my scenes.

I first paint the desired texture, usually with a radius 3 brush and hardness/weight at 10, and then proceed with the elevation tool set with the same exact parameters. The first step in the ground work is to dig a half-meter trench in the desired area, and then increase the brush to 8-9 and smooth everything. At first it seems quite unwieldy, but when you get the hang it's ok.

xaliber said:
Holy moly :shock: Just found this right after I have finished compiling my favorite scenes...

Looks fantastic! I really like Khudan. Looking forward to what you're going to do to Sarranid towns... would be lovely if you're interested in taking some inspiration from Abbasid Baghdad. :grin:

One thing though if I'm allowed to comment: in Curaw and Khudan, wouldn't the bridge be a bit larger? Considering caravans and large armies cross them and it looks quite large in the world map.

If there actually was a snowy stone bridge implemented into the game, I would have used that instead. All I could work with was just a wooden bridge (and thanks God it actually existsts). Scaling its X axis might be a way to make it wider, but from my experience, props don't look good when you disort their original look. By the way, I'm fairly sure that a cart would fit on that bridge.

And here is something just for fun:
The Bowman said:
Man, I was even worse. When I first discovered the scene editor, I had no idea that you can elevate buildings around (which is known as the famous T key), so this called for inventive, yet desperate measures. Thus, I always elevated the ground to the point when it would make the prop fit as I first planned. If I happened to get the axes wrong (since I had no idea about the X, Y, Z keys), I used to delete the prop, restart the scene (because of the damn collision) and place it again.

I still remember when I placed my first ever building in the scene editor. I totally felt like a pro.

Now, when I remember all these things, I cannot help but chuckle.

I felt that you made the Nord Towns too small I wonder if they could be made larger. I will provide images of the viking age towns of Cork, Dublin, Aros and Hedeby to show how large these towns can get.
Cork
9viking-settment-hillside-b-re-imaging-300x264.jpg
Aros
Aros_viking_town.jpg
Dublin
dublin.jpg
Hedeby
hedeby_town_sketch.jpg

Can you imagine trying to find the guildmaster in that mess? Bowman's towns don't need to be any bigger imo; they are already bigger than Native.

First of all, Native does not have that choice of props which could make those ideas turn into reality. I have to work with everything the stantard game has to offer, but I'm also strongly against adding any new models, since it would require the players to download additional content. That would erase the compatibility of the pack and make things much more complicated for the users, or force modders to implement things they don't even need. Secondly, Warband has serious optimization problems and is certainly not designed to support such big scenes (mine are already large enough). The idea behind this is to create a relatively realistic enviromnent (in the limits of possibilities) and kill the ridiculousness of Native towns, which I think I'm succeeding at. Moreover, the current scenes take an incredible amount of time to make; it can take me several days (with around 3-4 hours allocated/day; sometimes even more) to finish just one town. Thus, I'm trying to stick to the "old" way of doing things. I can bring a live example on this regard - currently, I'm working on Rivacheg, and I can say that it's the biggest town that I have ever created for the project. After working on it for a while, I realized that it's not very effective to implement such large designs, mainly because of the time it takes to create (so, AI meshes will be like :fruity:).

xaliber said:

If there actually was a snowy stone bridge implemented into the game, I would have used that instead. All I could work with was just a wooden bridge (and thanks God it actually existsts). Scaling its X axis might be a way to make it wider, but from my experience, props don't look good when you disort their original look. By the way, I'm fairly sure that a cart would fit on that bridge.

I see...

I saw in Siege & Scenes Pack that there is this model, which seem to come from native: http://i.imgur.com/4aNZbR2.jpg The bridge there looks a tad wider than the one you have in Khudan. Is it a viable option to use or is the bridge came with the tower (which makes it not viable)?

Not trying to push you or anything, just trying to give a bit input (which I hope do not sound like a complain)  :smile:

Rivacheg has finally been completed. Just as I mentioned earlier, this is the biggest town that I have ever created. Since there are so many objects on the map, I didn't even bother to add a village, let alone two. Instead, you can admire the landscape, which I can safely promise you're going to like. Actually, this is the first time I model it in this way. So far, I'm quite impressed with the work, especially with the town itself; it gives the feeling as if it was always there.

The town of Rivacheg is an inspiration from this fortress, which is now located in the Ukraine:
cetatea-albc483.jpg
I didn't strictly follow the castle project though. It was adapted in many places, so it still has a rather distinct look.

And of course, Rivacheg wouldn't be itself without its little chest containing the "Strange" equipment. That one you'll have to find out by yourself, and, if you're wondering what I'm talking about here, then you should learn that there is such an easter egg in Native Miunt&Blade/Warband, which can be found specifically in Rivacheg.

Screenshots will come later, but hey, you can explore. :wink:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05ms130fxobbapc/Rivacheg.zip?dl=0

@xaliber - No problem.

Screenshots added.
Also, updated the download. I have fixed some things, like a unit spawning randomly on the map during the siege, and a villager falling off a stairway while in the town center. Just redownload and replace the old .scn files with the new ones.

Reus said:
Dude, if you were a door, I'd slam you.

I had to google that. :razz:

Why thanks.
I hope he gives me enough time too, because I want Reyvadin to be finished much sooner. Rivacheg was delayed for a bit, because I've started to take German courses. Heh, they say that life is too short to learn it, we'll see. :fruity:

German isn't too hard. I took German courses for three years, and I now understand half of the German posts on their forum.

The Bowman, could you please add to the main post how to install this. I added all the .sco files to SceneObj folder. I need your help to add all the lines in scenes.txt for all the towns you made.
Thank you.  :grin:

Heroes_Witch_King said:
The Bowman, could you please add to the main post how to install this. I added all the .sco files to SceneObj folder. I need your help to add all the lines in scenes.txt for all the towns you made.
Thank you.  :grin:

Replace the entries in the scenes.txt with the ones included in the download.

Back
Top Bottom