Need information about body meshes

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!  :smile:

So, I exported the man_body mesh to edit it. I edited it and imported it to my own brf.
So the question is, how to make it work in game. I mean, how do i import bones into the body and maybe something else i have to do, or maybe i had to do something differently. Feel free to correct me since im new to warband moddeling.. And let me know if you need more information.

Image:
33oll5h.png

I used blender by the way.

sozzys said:

So, I exported the man_body mesh to edit it. I edited it and imported it to my own brf.
So the question is, how to make it work in game. I mean, how do i import bones into the body and maybe something else i have to do, or maybe i had to do something differently. Feel free to correct me since im new to warband moddeling.. And let me know if you need more information.

Image:
33oll5h.png

If you want to make giants just copy the male/female race entry and set the scale in
Code:
module_skins.py
to something bigger than 1.0. There's a lot of literature around the forum about this, and many mods to use as reference... WookieWarlord's Dwarves vs Giants comes to mind.

If you just want to automatically rig imported *.obj files, in OpenBRF select the original human torso, copy it to the clipboard by using Edit > Copy. Then select the un-rigged imported mesh and use Edit > Paste rigging.

If you want something more advanced, there's also custom skeletons. Take a look to The Last Days or Warsword Conquest. But that's much more complex and you don't seem to grasp bone rigging yet.

Swyter said:
sozzys said:

Image:
33oll5h.png

If you want to make giants just copy the male/female race entry and set the scale in
Code:
module_skins.py
to something bigger than 1.0. There's a lot of literature around the forum about this, and many mods to use as reference... WookieWarlord's Dwarves vs Giants comes to mind.

If you just want to automatically rig imported *.obj files, in OpenBRF select the original human torso, copy it to the clipboard by using Edit > Copy. Then select the un-rigged imported mesh and use Edit > Paste rigging.

If you want something more advanced, there's also custom skeletons. Take a look to The Last Days or Warsword Conquest. But that's much more complex and you don't seem to grasp bone rigging yet.

The paste rigging was the thing i needed. Thank you very much! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom