SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

That looks very dangerous to touch :p

Also, I made this:

It's very basic, but I think it gets the point across.
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312381.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cyfQJYi.png[/IMG][/url]

Oh a lovely minimalistic design, love it, i will put it into the mod description and credit it tomorrow.

I nearly finished fixing up helmets, as soon as i finish the helmets, capes, weapons etc. i will first of all try to make some new stuff and then work on the troops.

zoo889 said:
That looks very dangerous to touch :p

Also, I made this:

It's very basic, but I think it gets the point across.
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312381.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cyfQJYi.png[/IMG][/url]
Just to give you a heads up: There is a typo in that signature. It is Cro-Magnon.

Best regards

9jakub9 said:
Why would i troll haha, it is fully working, fully rigged and in-game, i have a few other things in here like a rideable mammoth, elephant, some more dinos etc.
The first time I played DoM for M&B I was quite pleased. It was different: the era it was set, the weapons it had, the armor as well, the troops trees, the technology... Loved it because of the idea it selled, which I bought immediately.

However, I must say I do not know how I feel about the idea of adding dinosaurs into the Mod. I gotta say I love as much realism as possible in every game, and if there's something that simply breaks that... I either throw it away or modify it so it becomes what I believe it should be - for example, I've modified the famous RISK board-game cause I found it too simple to be played.

That said, when I read you were adding dinos... I felt dissapointed. Never expected so. In your defence, I know it's you who's currently working on the mod and it's you who takes the desitions of what to to, add, erase, etc. In my defence, I'll just say I don't like it.

However I've voted yes for giants. Ironic.
Because I believe it makes a little more sense, and it could overwhelm the idea of dinos, though they may never be removed from the game. In simpler words: if this Mod reaches a stage where the player must guide his/her character (belonging this one to any of the playable "races") and achieve the total survival and control of the land... then I'm in, and wish you the best of luck.
Why I find it exiting to be a Homo Erectus who must guide a small band of peers through a savage world, fighting against the last of scaled-blood-thirsty beasts, against the new animals which roam around, against cruel wheater and other kinds of beings which compete with me and my tribe to achieve one single goal: domination over the fertile lands, and thus, becoming the one and only species that survived the perils of Nature and secured itself a future.

Hope I made myself clear. If I didn't: Ok, do it, but make it right. If there's going to be giants, please make them a playable race or either give us the chance to completely exterminate them (or make them go away, up to the Noth, if you are a less agressive player) so it's easy to explain why there are no giants in the present; if there's going to be dinos, please make the mounts to be realistically ride-able (triceratops, ankylosaurs; herbivores mostly), while predators become hostile to the player party, in a Vanilla-bandit sort of way.

All that jabbering said, please, take my words as a different point of view, one to be taken into consideration, as it please you.
Thanks.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
pre-historic goat's leather gloves and goat's leather pants

ancient_leather_gloves.gif
pre-historic_leather_pants2.jpg

Sorry for not updating you guys for a while, simply wasn't bothered posting anything, my new year's resolution is to release a demo  before march and i can pledge an oath to you that i, 9jakub9, the one who took on the task of continuing the project will finish it. Here is one picture of an armor, i made some more weapons and now i am playing about with the armors, about the game engine and mechanics i am really thinking of throwing everything i have done already out of the window and just making this into a Brytenwalda sub-mod, this way it will be much easier for me to work with already organised code and that way i would not have to worry about tons of bugs which i have experienced in the past few months. Of course, still, any help i can get will be appreciated however i do feel more comfortable now, especially with modeling i was practicing a lot of that. Here is one of the faction armors for an elite troop (it is bone plated), sorry for not much images, everything will come with time. :smile:

ebuMzv0.png

Teofish said:
I think the idea of starting out fresh on a better basis-mod sounds prudent.

Yeah as you see, basically all that the previous modders left me with was the compiled mod folder which i had to decompile myself and all that i extracted from there was a bunch of messy and broken scripts for the wrong version of M&B. I did however manage to salvage some of the models, i find that some models in the mod are nice while others look like they have been rushed so i am attempting to fix up/remake bits and bobs. I also noticed that Brytenwalda is not only a fantastic mod but it is also basically a very powerful OSP mod engine which has quite a lot of fantastic features that are made by a team of professionals. Many of these features (hunting, slings, etc) i was trying to figure out myself for months. So i have came to a conclusion of just using Brytenwalda as a very strong base then removing what i don't want and finally adding my own stuff in like gathering and crafting + all of the models i have made etc. So yeah, i have a good plan for the long run and we will see how it goes, the more help/support i get and the easier it is for me to mod the faster this will go.

Sounds good. I sincerely hope this works out. This was one of the mods I was most excited about when it first popped up. Don't think I could take having my heart broken a third, (or is it fourth now?) time. :razz: I'd volunteer to help. But I'm beyond useless at modding.

Are you still on it? Please tell us if there is any progress :smile:
If its dead again i'll have to cry :cry:

It would be the ****ing best Mod out there!!!

RymnMyrdin12 said:
Are you still on it? Please tell us if there is any progress :smile:
If its dead again i'll have to cry :cry:

It would be the ******** best Mod out there!!!

No it is not dead, just in temporary hiatus i need a break sometimes, i have to balance between work and school and sometimes, i honestly just cannot be arsed with thinking how to solve Python errors after a long day of work/school.  Rather than gobbing about how much of a busy person i am blahblah bull**** like others that start and never finish i just told you the truth that i sometimes just simply cannot be bothered. I will get there in the end though, don't you worry. To be honest i have had a long enough break now, im going to go back to making this mod again.

"After 9 years in development, hopefully, it has been worth the wait" - Gabe Newell

Back
Top Bottom