Least favorite quest?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think I'm going to have to choose the "Hunt down the Troublesome Bandits"

...sometimes they are right there outside the city, SWEET!  Then last night, after 60 days I could not find them even after asking many people.  I failed the quest and said bandits ran by me like five hours after still highlighted blue.

At least doing the cattle quest is doable (except I don't do them if the city is too far).

I guess on the contrary...favorite quest?

Hate the "rescue lord or prisoner.." Quests, since i bribe the villages to set fires, go in with a part of less than 30 (usually about 7) and i try to break in, and boom im caught. Nothing worked. And its hard cause i hate throwing Knives, and the staff is kinda hard facing a swadian prison guard.... My favorite has to either be capture a lord or collect Taxes, since its easy money.

Collect taxes is my favorite early on. Take it from a lord you do not care about building relations with and you do not have to pay it back  until you are flush with money anyway. You take a hit in town relations but that is easy to get back. Oh, and taking out bandit lairs which are fun and profitable.

Breaking the prisoner out is great when you are not at war with where he is held. Tough if you have to sneak in.

Tracking down bandits is always easy for me as I build up spotting.

Oh, and the end the war quest. especially if you get it just before taking an enemy castle and you know the war will end in a day or two.

HATE

I hate any quest that hurts your relations with villages. You always need them to fill garrisons.

I hate anything with cattle, slow smelling things.

Challenging people to duels, they will hate you and raid you endlessly if you at at war.

Taking cattle from one village to another can be okay, but taking a massive herd from Tihr to Durquba, hell no.

I'm also not too fond of "raise 7 vaegir knights" quest either. I'm pretty sure the "reward" given doesn't cover the cost of raising even a single recruit to knight, let alone 7 in one go. This quest is extra silly early on in the game. Why would an established 700-renown jarl ask some jumped-up nobody to train him a bunch of huscarls?

Quests to start wars can be fun but not if it's some nincompoop asking again and again for wars. I got someone who asked me to make war with the Nords. While I was doing that, the Vaegirs who I was working for were attacked by the Khergits. When I finished the mission we had war with the khergits, potential war with the nords and the next quest I got from the same guy was that I'd try to provoke the Rhodoks into war as well. (Swadia was gone already)

AWdeV said:
I'm also not too fond of "raise 7 vaegir knights" quest either. I'm pretty sure the "reward" given doesn't cover the cost of raising even a single recruit to knight, let alone 7 in one go. This quest is extra silly early on in the game. Why would an established 700-renown jarl ask some jumped-up nobody to train him a bunch of huscarls?

Yeah, I hate those "raise troops" quests: they're usually not worth the time, money or effort.  I'll only do them if it's mid-game or so, when I have enough Training on myself and my companions to raise the troops quickly, or when I already have enough of the same troops in my army so I can finish the quest immediately (and still raise the troops to replace them quickly).  At least you don't lower your relation with the lord when you refuse. 

I'll only do the "Lend Companion to a Lord" quest for the faction leader--at least he's guaranteed not to get exiled out of Calradia!  Unless, of course, the faction is on the verge of elimination, and then I'm sure I'd have a lot more to worry about than gaining favor with the liege by lending him one of my companions!

The "Troublesome Bandit" quest isn't so bad now that I know to raise Spotting & Pathfinding from the beginning of the game, and the "Rescue or Ransom Lord" quest is similar in that I now raise Polearms from the beginning of the game, as well, even if I'm not using polearm weapons in any other way.  Also, I tend to spend quite a while in the early game unaffiliated with a faction, so I can generally just stroll into a town or castle, and by the time I need to sneak in, I've built up my Polearms enough to fight my way out if I need to.

My most hated quest, though, is the "Follow Spy" quest.  Even with very high Tracking, it's really difficult to follow his trail, especially since you're forced to wait while time passes before you can set out after him.  Also, certain faction troops don't usually carry blunt weapons (Nords, I'm looking at you!), and that makes it difficult to capture him without killing him.

AWdeV said:
Quests to start wars can be fun but not if it's some nincompoop asking again and again for wars. I got someone who asked me to make war with the Nords. While I was doing that, the Vaegirs who I was working for were attacked by the Khergits. When I finished the mission we had war with the khergits, potential war with the nords and the next quest I got from the same guy was that I'd try to provoke the Rhodoks into war as well. (Swadia was gone already)

I never do those quests.  Invariably, the lord asking is a SOB I'm really not interested in getting on the good side of!

My most liked quests:

"Bandit Lair" quests--easy xp, money & loot.
"Collect Taxes" quests, especially in a town--also easy money.
"Train the Peasants" quests--they're a good way to repair your relation with a village you've collected taxes from or killed a criminal in.  This quest is the second reason I always raise Polearms: to take on several villagers at once in the practice fights.  Similarly "Fight Bandits in a Village" quests, which are the same except you don't actually have to do any training.
"Deliver Ale (or Wine)" quests are easy ways to gain xp and relation with a town in the beginning of the game when I'm still independent.

The spy doesn't have much of a bodyguard though, does he? You can do the fight almost entirely by yourself. You can also tell your troops to use blunt weapons and have them punch the spy down. :lol: Although they don't seem to want to charge without weapons.

Yes, that spy mission is annoying. I don't bother.  I've only ever gotten it from Shariz (the Sultan).

I love Train the Peasants...because I love making fun of their awkward dino-ball necks when they are in their undies.

AWdeV said:
The spy doesn't have much of a bodyguard though, does he? You can do the fight almost entirely by yourself. You can also tell your troops to use blunt weapons and have them punch the spy down. :lol: Although they don't seem to want to charge without weapons.

True, the most annoying part is finding the guy in the first place!

I hate the spy quest because it spawns me in the town waiting the second i accept the quest, and when i click it freezes for a second and the spy is already walked off in a direction and i dont level up tracking as i focus on chasing rather than tracking....

My personal favorite is "Rescuing or Ransoming a Prisoner" quest.  Done right, you end up with 1) Honor Points 2) Positive relationship points with the Lord you have just rescued 3) Positive relationship points with the Lord's wife that gave you the quest 4)Positive relationship points with that Lord's Faction and 5) Positive relationship points with any relatives including eligible maidens (usually the Lord's daughter).  I always spend 6 months or more of doing these quests before joining a faction or starting my own.  This helps me avoid having to "sneak into town"  where you are at a distinct disadvantage armed only with a quarterstaff.  At some point you will have various lords practically throwing their daughters at you as well as very good relationship with the mother.  Why is that important?  Well, once you marry the daughter you can have the option of appointing your mother-in-law as your Prime Minister if you start your own faction provided you have at least a "favorable" relationship.  You can improve you relationship with her by dedicating tournament wins just as you would with her daughter.  But you have to do this before you appoint here as Prime Minister.  She gives you good political advice as would her daughter.  This allows you to use an additional companion in the field instead of leaving that companion in the castle as a Prime Minister.  I also train and level up my wife so that she goes with me on campaigns.  Finally, you don't have to pay either your wife or your mother-in-law any wages.

I love the 'Collect Taxes' quest because it's so helpful at the start of the game. I don't like capture x amount of this kind of troops e.g 7 trained spearmen because it's a real pain. I REALLY don't like the 'Move Cattle' Quest because the stupid cows go everywhere. One time I completely lost a herd and had to tell the Guild Master that I stuffed up. Not good.

Phalnax811 said:
OH damn, you can train and level your wife as a normal/hero unit?? Is this in Native client (no mods)?

Yes you can but only with the diplomacy mod.
Here's Lady Tibal trained and outfitted to be an archer.  She's pretty deadly with a Masterwork Long Bow with three large bags  of Khergit Arrows (3 x 32) and can take out a huge number of enemy troops during sieges.  I always instruct her and her private bodyguard of Sword Sisters to stay back while I charge with the cavalry.
2013-12-19_00002_zps8e259d65.jpg

2013-12-20_00005_zpsf30ee2ee.jpg

Wow, Your Loaded. I perfer Vexed Native due to the Tourtmanet Gambling system and Extreme amounts of mercs. (i can hire 80 hired blades in a tavern) its insanely expensive, but useful in desperate kingdoms.

michaelvillena you should give her a helmet so she doesn't get headshot. That's the same with Sword Sisters, great units but sometimes don't wear helmets.

Raising too tiers pretty cool you can clear that out with easy training or rescuing prisoners.

Serfs can be pretty lame they all go willy nilly against your choice.

Spy used to be easier now I just straight up lose them out if sight. I used to get caught by him a lot now not even spotted to chase him.

They would have a set spot depending what faction they going to, so if you check faction war status, you can learn the locations as a memory.

Looters used to be legit it was like 4 groups right around the town. Now they are like 4 5 6 / face palm I never know anymore lol, it just keeps going.

1. Capture x number of y troop type. Because lords INSIST on giving me this quest any time I don't have enough points in prisoner management or troops with blunt weapons, and then throw a fit when I refuse due to it being physically impossible.

2. Follow spy. I've never succeeded in this mission, as you need very good tracking/spotting skills in addition to being psychic to even stand a chance of not being spotted.

3. Anything involving cattle.

Nimbostratus said:
1. Capture x number of y troop type. Because lords INSIST on giving me this quest any time I don't have enough points in prisoner management or troops with blunt weapons, and then throw a fit when I refuse due to it being physically impossible.

2. Follow spy. I've never succeeded in this mission, as you need very good tracking/spotting skills in addition to being psychic to even stand a chance of not being spotted.

3. Anything involving cattle.

The capture the troops mission should just be capture me 5 Swadian units ...not a specific type.  Granted it would be no issue for me with my Rhodok Sergeants right now...have had 60 unconscious juicy prisoners to choose from on occasion.

I'm normally Vaegir or use Vaegir troops (if it isn't already obvious) and they can't knock anyone unconscious. They just mow them down. Basically Sarranids and Rhodoks are the only factions that will almost always have lots of prisoners to choose from because of their troops.

Back
Top Bottom