A couple of questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gordulan

Sergeant
Right, been a long time since I last paid a visit to the forum, not to mention the actual game, I have however a couple of questions about Silverstag.

1. Just how does the supply runner ability work, do the quivers replenish by themselves, or do you have to actively retreat with the units that have the ability to proc it? Do the quivers have to be empty for that ability to take effect, or do they have to retain at least one unit of ammunition in them?

2. Will you as developers of the mod permit me to make a submod that focuses on overhauling the faces and general equipment of the noteworthy NPCs, such as lords, ladies, monarchs, companions and pretenders? I generally have a tendency to altering mods little by little as I return to the game and I dunno, I think I may want to maybe make my alterations public this time around as I have a little more time than I know what to do with at the moment.

1. They replenish themselves, the amount of work would be too damn high for the manual running thing you said. Please refer to the silverstag wiki or use the search function for similar questions.

2. I'm not authorized to answer this, but IIRC Windyplains was happy when I made a small reworked troop tree back in the day. Still better wait for permission though.

Larmantine said:
1. They replenish themselves, the amount of work would be too damn high for the manual running thing you said. Please refer to the silverstag wiki or use the search function for similar questions.

It's just that the wiki doesn't make a detailed description of when the quivers replenish, I've had archers run out of arrows and never restock them a number of times even if I've had 20 Swadian Supplymen and Katrin being part of the archer division or a seperate one behind the archers. It could be that for that playthrough that I experienced a couple of scripts that failed to load, but still, getting some concrete knowledge on when the archer is eligible for getting resupplied would be a huge help as I tend to focus around a core of powerful archers with most of my characters.

Larmantine said:
2. I'm not authorized to answer this, but IIRC Windyplains was happy when I made a small reworked troop tree back in the day. Still better wait for permission though.

Yeah, I used your troop tree submod back when I last played Silverstag. I think it was either the 0.20 or the 0.21 version if I remember correctly.
And in general I will naturally wait for permission for that, and besides the waiting bit will let me finish up the more prominent families. (As of this moment I've only altered all the companions, pretenders, regents and about 50% of the swadian lords and ladies for my own personal use.)

Gordulan said:
1. Just how does the supply runner ability work, do the quivers replenish by themselves, or do you have to actively retreat with the units that have the ability to proc it? Do the quivers have to be empty for that ability to take effect, or do they have to retain at least one unit of ammunition in them?
It should happen automatically during combat, but only so many get replenished at a time so it may take time before you specifically get a reload.

2. Will you as developers of the mod permit me to make a submod that focuses on overhauling the faces and general equipment of the noteworthy NPCs, such as lords, ladies, monarchs, companions and pretenders? I generally have a tendency to altering mods little by little as I return to the game and I dunno, I think I may want to maybe make my alterations public this time around as I have a little more time than I know what to do with at the moment.
I am all for folks creating their own sub-mods and releasing them to the public with one request.  I ask that folks clearly mark them as a sub-mod and what version of Silverstag they were designed to work with.  This way it hopefully cuts down on confusion and potential bug reports for me if someone installs it over an incompatible version.  I'd like to turn Silverstag over to open source once the next save break occurs since I shouldn't need to break things for a while to come afterwards so that folks can easily make and update sub-mods of their own.

It fires every 60 seconds and restores the ammo for a set amount of archers. I think each supply runner can service 3 troops, while Katrin can service a few more if you built up the proper skills for it.

I also noticed you have to have the supply runners in the same group as the archers.

I think it works pretty well since the archers fire long range and the supply runners (at least the swadian ones) have thrown weapons so they work great for short range defense.

Right, I now have one more question, what level of Pathfinding offsets the horseless map movment malus for Lords? I'd like to know this to not overdo the pathfinding skill bonus I'm giving some Swadian lords that I feel wouldn't use a horse in open combat.

Back
Top Bottom