Marriage

Users who are viewing this thread

jubedy

Recruit
Is is possible to get married in this mod if you're the king of your own faction? I don't think I've ever seen my faction have a feast. Is there something the player has to do?

Find some wench, declare your undieing love for her, get rejected, travel the land learning  about 6 poems, recite them to her and Bush bash bosh your done. But her father might not approve so you might have to elope,it's best to get permission to dazzle her from her father first, preferably a rich duke who has lands near yours whom will make a good ally.

Have married the daughter of a powerful lord and... ... not a lot actually!  I don't seem to have derived any benefits other than she advises me of disputes between various lords and suggests I make the peace between them.  He's no given troops, money, or specifically any additional support.  Perhaps I am a bad husband!!  :oops:

If anyone can advise how I might benefit - would appreciate some advice.

I completed this marriage thing too. I didn't even get any Right to Rule and that's the only reason I've done it.
You also can't send your companions to missions. Tell me. How I am supposed to increase my Right to Rule before declaring my own kingdom?

I know how to get betrothed but I couldn't get the feast to happen for the wedding to actually occur.. However I've fixed it now, I gave the marshalship to someone else in the faction and waited a week or so and then finally they held the feast.

I did it for the ability to hold a feast. I never got any right to rule either, although I already have max right to rule from battles with the faction I rebelled from and building everything at my town's manors

jubedy said:
I know how to get betrothed but I couldn't get the feast to happen for the wedding to actually occur.. However I've fixed it now, I gave the marshalship to someone else in the faction and waited a week or so and then finally they held the feast.

I did it for the ability to hold a feast. I never got any right to rule either, although I already have max right to rule from battles with the faction I rebelled from and building everything at my town's manors

If you rebel against your own faction and take your fiefs there is no way to join another faction anymore?
Tell me what faction are you playing and how did you manage to hold up against enemies? Can you make peace with other factions through fief NPCs once you're a king?

Well, there's an option to pledge yourself as a vassal, though I've never tried it. When you're in your own faction you aren't part of anyone else's if that's what you're asking. However, you can join another faction. I just didn't want to.

As far as enemies were concerned I just made sure I had made friends with lots of people beforehand, both in the Kingdom of Sweden where I started and also with everyone I fought (if you release people after beating them your relationship with them improves). Then when I rebelled I tried to convince as many lords to join me as I could, while also having a nice army of my own. Most of the world is too far away to care, it was only some factions in my immidiate area that were a problem.

When you become king of your own faction, you appoint one of your followers to be part of your court. When you talk to them they can send emissaries (another follower, make sure they have good persuasion)
to other factions to make peace or trade agreements. Once you've staked out a sizable kingdom for yourself the other leaders start taking you seriously.

I started in Sweden as a mercenary, joined the army, made some money that way, then became a vassal. From there I captured some places from the faction they were at war with (I forget who it was , it was like Novgorod or something I think. They're east of Sweden at the start.) but when they weren't giving me any fiefs I decided to rebel and take what I fought for. I had to fight off Sweden and Novgorod for a bit until they decided that they were losing more than I was and asked for peace. I've since conquered Hungary and Novgorod, part of the Teutonic Order, and am readying to finish of Sweden. The important part is using the marshalship correctly to channel your armies where you need them. And make lots of friends everywhere. The fighting when you first start out get you lots of right to rule, after you have ~50-60 people take you seriously.

Apologies for spelling, I'm on mobile.

jubedy said:
Is is possible to get married in this mod if you're the king of your own faction? I don't think I've ever seen my faction have a feast. Is there something the player has to do?

Easier to get married to a lady from other kingdom at which you are not at war and its not at war with anyone else either I guess. That way you can keep doing what ever you want as they keep *preparing* for the wedding.
I made her minister and got back my companion who was minister before.

My first feast was never ending. I got like 500 renown of constant finishing off the feast and tournament wins. It only ended when I got second tired and declared war on someone. Must be a glitch but I liked it.
Got relationship up, with stray lords joining me, from 4 to 45. You know those pesky lords who always dislike anything you give someone else or when you do not declare war on provocations. I am terrified happened to give those a castle or city.

Back
Top Bottom