Raging

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, so this is going to sound bad, but how do you not assign a village?  I have taken three castles and a city, I get revenue from all the villages (besides the one I gave to a companion), but I never said I wanted them.

When you conquer a castle or a town, one of your companions will give you a question as to whom you would like to grant this fief, search for the option that let's you seek the opinion of your vassals, that way it won't be assigned to anyone.

maceman121 said:
Ok, so this is going to sound bad, but how do you not assign a village?  I have taken three castles and a city, I get revenue from all the villages (besides the one I gave to a companion), but I never said I wanted them.

Just say I want to hold off on accepting.  If you do pick that you want to take it over, or want someone else to take it over, it gives you the castle and the village attached to it.  Or the Town and villages.  You get it in all one lump sum instead of piece by piece, which is why you control all of those villages now

If you want to see your chance of turning a lord to your side, use ctrl+`, type cheatmenu, and when you talk to them you'll see on the left your percentage chance of turning. After your done use ctrl+`, and type nocheatmenu. also keep in mind that your kingdom needs to have good unification, otherwise they'll just tell you your just one squabbling kingdom amongst many.

Ogagon said:
When you conquer a castle or a town, one of your companions will give you a question as to whom you would like to grant this fief, search for the option that let's you seek the opinion of your vassals, that way it won't be assigned to anyone.

Got that, for the town and castle.  But what about the villages that go with it?  Can I not assign those villages to a different lord than the town/castle itself?  If they get one, they get both?  Doesn't seem to be that way for the AI, so that is where I am confused.  I only get asked what I want to do with the town/castle conquered, not the villages that are near it.

maceman121 said:
Ogagon said:

Got that, for the town and castle.  But what about the villages that go with it?  Can I not assign those villages to a different lord than the town/castle itself?  If they get one, they get both?  Doesn't seem to be that way for the AI, so that is where I am confused.  I only get asked what I want to do with the town/castle conquered, not the villages that are near it.

Yes, it doesn't work for you like it does the AI.  If you assign a castle/town at that screen, they get everything attached to that castle/town.  To assign each one individually you have to pick the option that you want to hold off on deciding, then nobody gets it, and you can assign each one separately through your minister

Ahhh, that would do it.  Alright, thank you.  I hadn't realized that was what you needed to do, but now that I do, means war with Sarleon soon to take their last two castles and do it right.

Keep on killing them. Take the wounded as slaves and sell them, loot their corpses and sell the usable stuff.
Have them perishing and yourself prosper. Nothing in PoP is as beneficial as a one sided war: Money, reknown and positive relations with all the lords you release.

Release the honorable ones and ransom the useless ones and take their lands. If you´ve kicked a nations arse hard enough, they´ll gladly accept peace, the more if they´re at war with someone else.

So don´t become desperate, simply kill them all.

maceman121 said:
So, I am on day 770 at the moment and I am about to rage quite.  I have been at war for about 50 days with one faction and they WON'T take peace.  I have 65 RtR, I have taken 3 castles and a town from them, slaughtered their armies, and yet they still won't surrender.  I have been releasing them for the honor and rep, but now I am pissed because they are all regrown and I don't have the time to rebuild before they attack in mass.  I defeat thousands of them, but still won't accept peace.  is there anyway to get them to short of cheating?  What must I do to get a dang peace treaty signed?
If you overly dominate an opposing faction they will refuse to make peace with you as a matter of pride. Try taking a few out of the way castles and then allowing them to be recaptured.

IlluminaZer0 said:
If you overly dominate an opposing faction they will refuse to make peace with you as a matter of pride. Try taking a few out of the way castles and then allowing them to be recaptured.

Now that is an idea for the future wars. Make them happy to reclaim a few things so they will take peace. Never would I have thought to do that. Thank you

If lords look at you hatefully when you are choosing to catch or release, just make them a prisoner and hold them. If an opposing lord has a high relation with you, make him your prisoner as well and see if he will defect. If not, go ahead and put him in your prison as well. With few lords around enemies will be much easier to manage as they cannot attack, defend nor raid effectively.

maceman121 said:
So, I am on day 770 at the moment and I am about to rage quite.  I have been at war for about 50 days with one faction and they WON'T take peace.  I have 65 RtR, I have taken 3 castles and a town from them, slaughtered their armies, and yet they still won't surrender.  I have been releasing them for the honor and rep, but now I am pissed because they are all regrown and I don't have the time to rebuild before they attack in mass.  I defeat thousands of them, but still won't accept peace.  is there anyway to get them to short of cheating?  What must I do to get a dang peace treaty signed?

Try this tactic, it worked VERY well in my game.

- Send EVERY companion in the quest to gain right to rule. You can send 2 companions at a time and get RtR at least to 39

- Choose a Faction that is at war with other 2 Factions (for example, in my game, Empire was at war with Sarleon AND D'shar)

- Sign a mercenary contract with one of the  Factions (I went for Sarleon)

- Shot any lord you can find of the lone Faction. With few lord army, that Faction will start to loose a Fief, then another, then another... in my game, the Empire had only the 3 Cities, loosing all castles. If the lone faction is not able to get a peace, theyr armies will be very weak.

- Time to become a king. After the end of the Contract, besiege a Fief and take it. The lone Faction will be at 3 front-war, you have a good RtR so they will instantly ask for peace to you. That will give you the time to get a good garrison, get a Companion Lord and start a new war with good troops.
In my game, I promoted Roland as a Lord and after few days he returned with the following Army :smile:
(ok Roland, you can be the King, I am you vassal now...) ... good luck :smile:

Roland_party.jpg

Back
Top Bottom