Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Users who are viewing this thread

when the workshop be in full potential and the mods Like TDL e Clash of clans be uploaded this will be epic, thos mod guys needed some single place to upload them to make their work easier .

rohde007 said:
when the workshop be in full potential and the mods Like TDL e Clash of clans be uploaded this will be epic, thos mod guys needed some single place to upload them to make their work easier .
i have no idea wtf you just said  :neutral:

Modder223 said:
rohde007 said:
i have no idea wtf you just said  :neutral:

I believe he said
''When the Workshop is working to it's full potential with mods such as The Last Days(?) and Clash of Kings can be uploaded, this will be epic, those mod guys (modders) need a single place to upload them to make their work easier''

The last part is no doubt aimed at the fact he can't unzip and place in a folder himself so he needs Steam to hold his hand and do it for him :')

problem is it doesn't work. Whenever I specify a file it just says it doesn't exist on the warband uploader.

Modder223 said:
Any news on larger file size :?:

IMPORTANT (GAMECHANGER): There are new changes to the workshop that mean the file size limit had been vastly increased and should no longer pose a problem. You must opt into the beta on Steam, in the "BETAS" tab of Warband Properties. Use the access code "betapassword" and download the update, then follow the instructions below (in the original post).

Once this is released, ALL CURRENT MODS WILL NO LONGER WORK. So update to the new system in preparation. Ask in the thread if you have any question.

Ask any questions here. Let us know how the new system is working out. We are (probably) the first game on Steam to use it!

Captain Lust said:
Once this is released, ALL CURRENT MODS WILL NO LONGER WORK.

afraid.gif

ciauz^^,
Jab

Captain Lust said:
Modder223 said:

IMPORTANT (GAMECHANGER): There are new changes to the workshop that mean the file size limit had been vastly increased and should no longer pose a problem. You must opt into the beta on Steam, in the "BETAS" tab of Warband Properties. Use the access code "betapassword" and download the update, then follow the instructions below (in the original post).

Once this is released, ALL CURRENT MODS WILL NO LONGER WORK. So update to the new system in preparation. Ask in the thread if you have any question.

Ask any questions here. Let us know how the new system is working out. We are (probably) the first game on Steam to use it!

What?
What about WSELoader mods? (Víkingr, Deluge)

M.ArdA said:
What do you mean by new system? First to use? Oh my.
Steam workshop is getting an overall update. We are the first game to implement it as far as we know.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
What?
What about WSELoader mods? (Víkingr, Deluge)
The same applies. With an open system like this, we cannot provide a way to allow the executable files to be modified. It opens up security risks.

I'm a little fuzzy on this; will MP now function through Steam and thus, mods will have to be obtained from the Steam Workshop? Where does that leave the MP modules (and SP) that have taken the greater advantage from community support (WSE)?

Captain Lust said:
Modder223 said:

1. Steam is allowing Warband to pilot test a bigger workshop size?
2. 'Once this is released' Do you mean to the public once out of beta test?
3. New system?
4. If I opt into the beta does that mean all non Steam workshop manually installed mods will not work anymore, and if so how can I tell this?
5. If I choose not to opt into the beta yet will it still affect mods and if so how much?
6. Lastly just how big of a size limit to maximum are we talking about?

A lot of questions yes but I am a bit alarmed what this may do for mods, from Native to NW

Something seems wonky about the ini parameters - even if I specify a module inside the
Code:
modules/name
folder, it needs one in the base Warband directory. Also haven't found how to properly update with the new system - I've gotten to the "Do you want to overwrite description" part but then it spits out "File not Found!" - this is with a mod newly uploaded, with the same parameters + id. I also can't seem to download my own modules, the subscription button just takes me to an infinite update loop. Clicking the "download" button on the new mod gives me a big fat "Unable to download file: 2" box.

Ideally what I'd like to see is to have those parameters work as specified, without having to copy the folder into the root WB directory. While it's easy to change the name from Steam, it makes updating a hassle as I haven't been able to do so successfully, with ones in the new system as well as older workshop items. The big shiny Delete button beside the module selector is nice though. I'm sure people will complain about it not working later.

It keeps saying steam isnt open when i go through the whole command prompt thing yet its open on my screen... how to fix this?
And also Lust you really should make a video tutorial or at least show pictures of each of the steps on the front cause the way you said some of the stuff it got super confusing  :???:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
I'm a little fuzzy on this; will MP now function through Steam and thus, mods will have to be obtained from the Steam Workshop? Where does that leave the MP modules (and SP) that have taken the greater advantage from community support (WSE)?
Installing non Workshop mods is just the same as always and still fully supported. No change there at all. I changed that specific sentence in the OP to make this a bit clearer.

Dansk viking said:
Is Steam going to cause trouble for another of my favourite games?  :roll:
I don't know what you mean by that exactly but no.

usnavy30 said:
1. Steam is allowing Warband to pilot test a bigger workshop size?
Not that it's really important but workshop is more like flicking a switch as far as Steam is concerned. No special allowance etc. for Warband, we're just early adopters of a new system that will probably end up being used for all games.

usnavy30 said:
2. 'Once this is released' Do you mean to the public once out of beta test?
Yeah old workshop mods won't download anymore and everything will need to transfer over.

usnavy30 said:
3. New system?
This is how people in the office that code stuff explain it to me.

usnavy30 said:
4. If I opt into the beta does that mean all non Steam workshop manually installed mods will not work anymore, and if so how can I tell this?
No. Manually installed mods are the same as always.

usnavy30 said:
5. If I choose not to opt into the beta yet will it still affect mods and if so how much?
Neither opting in or out will affect non workshop mods.

usnavy30 said:
6. Lastly just how big of a size limit to maximum are we talking about?
Should be pretty big. If you run into a limit, let us know.

usnavy30 said:
A lot of questions yes but I am a bit alarmed what this may do for mods, from Native to NW
Don't be, this only affects Workshop. It is only a good thing.

Somebody said:
Something seems wonky about the ini parameters - even if I specify a module inside the
Code:
modules/name
folder, it needs one in the base Warband directory. Also haven't found how to properly update with the new system - I've gotten to the "Do you want to overwrite description" part but then it spits out "File not Found!" - this is with a mod newly uploaded, with the same parameters + id. I also can't seem to download my own modules, the subscription button just takes me to an infinite update loop. Clicking the "download" button on the new mod gives me a big fat "Unable to download file: 2" box.

Ideally what I'd like to see is to have those parameters work as specified, without having to copy the folder into the root WB directory. While it's easy to change the name from Steam, it makes updating a hassle as I haven't been able to do so successfully, with ones in the new system as well as older workshop items. The big shiny Delete button beside the module selector is nice though. I'm sure people will complain about it not working later.
We've done successful tests in the office so it should all be working. Will give updating etc. another go and see if we can recreate some of these errors. It's still beta-ish support so there's every chance that some bugs could be lingering. The documentation could be a little out of whack too, since the new uploader is a little more confusing. I've been assured this will allow for custom gui's to be made more easily if anyone is that way inclined.

We will probably add some .bat files in an update which automate some of this.

Modder223 said:
It keeps saying steam isnt open when i go through the whole command prompt thing yet its open on my screen... how to fix this?
And also Lust you really should make a video tutorial or at least show pictures of each of the steps on the front cause the way you said some of the stuff it got super confusing  :???:
I don't know. Maybe try closing Steam and then logging back in? This is obviously tested and should be working. A video is possible. Will probably wait until we stop calling it beta support and decide the workshop is fully tested and working as intended. As mentioned above, we'll probably set up some .bat files to automate this. It's perfectly possible for someone else to do this as well.

Back
Top Bottom