[WB][S] Fires of War, A Greco-Persian War mod, old thread, kept for history

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are on of those those unpleasent things heads on pikes? Or skinned off people? Or boiling imside of metal statue? Or victims of bubonic... Oh wait that was in mediveal.

EternalPaladin said:
I understand what you're saying, Antonis, about not feeling comfortable including slavery.  There are plenty of things which are historically accurate that I'd rather not see in a mod (or a computer game, in general).  Even though it's just a game, seeing people as property is wrong.
Slavery was such a big part of the economy and structure of ancient greece and persia, I don't know how its not introduced, the original Persian troop tree Antonis shown us had 'persian slave' in it too, alright, I can have slaves in my army but not in my fields? thats messed up.

Well, valid point, but my persian troop tree was completely wrong(fortunately kauik helped there, by giving the entire tree ready to me) and then, I have made them only in the name slaves(as soldiers, they are seen differently to the Warband machine, don't ask :razz:). Also, there are Helots, both in the Spartan army and in the wilds of Peloponnese, as Rebel Helots. And Helots were slaves. I was talking about "converting" people into items that can be sold(yes, I know that pretty much the premise of slavery) and it didn't sound cool to me. Although, I heard many valid points from a lot of people, so that will pretty much happen now, don't worry. All you dirty rascals will profiteer by poor sods in Ancient Greece and Anatolia. :smile:

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

Technically, the aim of the Dark Side is victory by any means and when one achieves victory, he has ultimate power, he is above all, so he is free. Sadism is a way for some Sith to fuel their Dark side energy(other means are anger, hate, inspiration of fear etc.).

Joke aside, I cannot comperehend how the Dark Side is relevant with ancient Greece and the the Persian Empire.

The joke has failed... ITS BECAUSE OF YOU FACE ON THE LEFT SIDE. I DONT KNOW HOW ITS CALLED IN ENGLISH PROPERLY AND I KNOW I CAN JUST CHECK IN DICITONARY. WHY THE HELL AM I STILL WRITING. PH YES I HAVE CAP NON STOP LOLCK ON.

@crodio: I think so, but I am not entirely sure. Also, I almost didn't recognise you, without your signature avatar dude. :razz:

@Matiss_Veinbergs: Oh, I get it now. As for politics, I can't say I am a commie, but rather, a lefty capitalist(like center/left) with liberal ideas.  :lol: IF you can imagine such a thing exists.

@Carlos Danger: I get that you're joking, but Persians are not depicted that way in the mod. If anything, they are more than an equal enemy for all their enemies united(kind of like the real life). I really hope I don't have many stereotypes or things like that in the mod.

Okay, guys, an update. Here are some screenshots of the new cortinthian helmets, by our modeller, Lionstrong. We have simpl corinthian and plumed versions. In the future, we will also have a reversed plume variety. Okay, here they are:

corinthian_helm_1_zps968a5b53.png~original

corinthian_helm_zps55bb154b.png~original

Of course, there is not just a black plume, there are the appropriate varieties.  :smile:

We fortunately have some Persian Armors and I am currently(besides everything else) retexturing them and making new textures. It's a lot of work, but it's fun and I am enjoying it a lot! :smile:

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier, Lionstrong also had an idea about a companion. He is going to be Spartan and he shows it, that's all I'm going to say. :razz:

No, but that's an equally excellent idea, he has a most interesting tale and I could make him instead of another fictional character, thanks.
No, the other guy is
the Spartan that had a life sized fly drawn in his shield and when he was asked why didn't he at least draw it full size, he answered that his enemies will see the fly as a giant, when it smashes in their face.  :razz:

Thanks for the suggestion, fladin! You rock. :grin:

:grin:
my favorite Spartan quote :"Neither"
King Philip of Macedon, wrote to the Spartans, asking whether they wished that he should come as a friend or as a foe; and they returned the answer. The Macedonias took the advice and didn't go.

Antonis said:
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

Technically, the aim of the Dark Side is victory by any means and when one achieves victory, he has ultimate power, he is above all, so he is free. Sadism is a way for some Sith to fuel their Dark side energy(other means are anger, hate, inspiration of fear etc.).

Joke aside, I cannot comperehend how the Dark Side is relevant with ancient Greece and the the Persian Empire.
That explains your darth vader avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom