Unable to Connect to Server Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

kuudou

Regular
Exactly what the title says. I can't get into the Multiplayer on Napoleonic Wars. Whenever it tries to pull up a server list a big error message pops up and says "Unable to Connect to Server".

Now I was able to play NW before, approximately half a year ago. Nothing major has changed since then, except for the fact that I registered all of my games with my TaleWorld account about a month ago.

Now here's my question: my version of Warband is the Steam version. Is it possible that somehow registering my keys with my Taleworlds account somehow made my Steam version of the game invalid?

I also did try some of the "fixes" that others have been told to use:

-Check integrity of game files in Steam
-Set use_secure_connection to 0 in my rgl_config.txt

No dice. Does not work. Most of those old threads remained unresolved. All game versions are up to date because Steam downloads all my updates automatically.

Don't mean to gravedig on this, sorry to the forum mods in advance.

I had this problem a few times when I first started playing. I ended up having to uninstall/reinstall, even after verifying game cache. You could also try to see if maybe your Firewall is blocking the game? I hope you can get it resolved.

Signed,
  MrJeeblez

EDIT: A word.

MrJeeblez said:

I had this problem a few times when I first started playing. I ended up having to uninstalling/reinstalling, even after verifying game cache. You could also try to see if maybe your Firewall is blocking the game? I hope you can get it resolved.

Signed,
  MrJeeblez

Gravedigging is good. Especially since this problem is still unresolved.

I will try re-installing since cache verification does nothing. I've been hesitant to do so since I have quite a few mods installed. I suppose I can always re-download them.

kuudou said:
MrJeeblez said:

I had this problem a few times when I first started playing. I ended up having to uninstalling/reinstalling, even after verifying game cache. You could also try to see if maybe your Firewall is blocking the game? I hope you can get it resolved.

Signed,
  MrJeeblez

Gravedigging is good. Especially since this problem is still unresolved.

I will try re-installing since cache verification does nothing. I've been hesitant to do so since I have quite a few mods installed. I suppose I can always re-download them.

Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do. Mods can always be reinstalled, haha. Hope you get it fixed!

I re-installed twice.

I did it the first time on my secondary drive (same drive as previous installation). And the same problem persists.

I then installed it on my SSD and the problem seems to have been fixed. NO idea what that was about. Consider this issue resolved. Thank you guys for your input.

Back
Top Bottom