Calculating vs Martial vs Upstanding Marshal

Users who are viewing this thread

shoshuro

Sergeant Knight
In my current game i have been experementing with the Marshal role based on the status of my companions/Lords.

Lethaldiran (Calculating)

I have seen him raid villages but abandon the process and go to protect my Kingdom's villages (push away the enemy Lords). He seems to be reluctant when it comes to sieging, he will only do it if he has big army following him.

Sir Ronald (Upstanding)

He will do campaigns often but focuses more in giving me tasks (scout, get cattle) and basically roams around not doing anything productive.

Boadice (Martial)

Gets the job done, she will raid a village and then go to siege. I have seen her raid a village, then take 2 castles and afterwards end the campaign.

So my general impression is that the Martial ones are the ones you want as Marshal in order to come out positive in a war vs another Faction.

What are your findings when using your Lords as Marshals?

The same. Martial lords seem to be the best choice. When I can I use Duke Aelfwine as marshal. He has high renown (around 1700) and is martial. I've seen him assemble huge armies and take several towns or castles in a single campaign.

lol @ Sir Ronald  :lol:

How can i identify lords (not companions) with martial attitude?

Are they the ones who call you a dog/whelp/puppy etc when engaging them in battle? Consequently i have bad relations with them and can't hope to recruit them.
I have befriended all lords of my faction (sarleon), including the martial ones. But which are they? I haven't fought them, so they didn't reveal themselfs (except lord Malbert, who i fought once or twice early).

Are they the ones who complain about letting enemy lords go free?

Also, i understand that lord personality is completely randomized at game creation. Are the main lords (who hold towns) priviledged?

I actually find myself disliking Martial Marshal due to them allowing my fiefs to get raided. I do sometimes use Martial Lords to force a peace treaty; basically let them invade and let the castle/city get recaptured. This can create issues however if a peace treaty is made before they recapture and that city happened to be contested by another faction...

If I want to conquer a territory I am generally more than happy to do so myself or become the Marshal temporarily so that I take choice territory.

I also find implication of having a single Marshal odd as I've been rotating Marshals to exploit the relationship boost.  :mrgreen:

I also rotate marshals to gain relationship.  Marshal's relationship with other lords is important too as some lords might decide they have more important things to do if relations are too low.  If I want to go on offensive, I take over, otherwise really stupid things could happen, like the Marshal breaking off a siege at the last moment to defend a village raid half the map away. 

Beeing marshal has benefits on tactical level as well: player as marshal can issue orders to all allied units on the battlefield - the allied AI is completely turned off. No more watching kamikaze attacks or having allied mob standing in the enemie's spawnpoint. Faction force becomes even more devastating. As a faction force is the most powerful entity in the game, taking over command is a huge milestone which can be reached very early ingame.

Atm in my game i'm analysing all lords with house holdtroops (http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Household_Troops) as i'd like to prioritize the recruitment of the good ones of those.
For instance Duke Aelfwine of Sarleon is martial and has Marleons Heavy Cavalry on top of that.

That list is either quite old or plain wrong. Many Lords with Household Troops are missing and some have the wrong troops listed. F.E. Baron Hereward has The Larian KO Sergeants, Duke Alamar has Rangers of the Clarion Call, Baron Godric has Squires of the Lion, (you may notice I know my Sarleon Lords  :razz:) the third Caliph (forgot his name) has Singalian Temptresses and there is definitely a Empire Lord who has Empire Mortals just off the top of my head.

Umezawa said:
That list is either quite old or plain wrong. Many Lords with Household Troops are missing and some have the wrong troops listed. F.E. Baron Hereward has The Larian KO Sergeants, Duke Alamar has Rangers of the Clarion Call, the third Caliph (forgot his name) has Singalian Temptresses and there is definitely a Empire Lord who has Empire Mortals just off the top of my head.
True true, the household troops got changed last update, and it seems the list hasn't been updated with the changes.

Back
Top Bottom