[UNAC S3] Pre-Season Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.X said:
John7 said:
Who will be the Admins of Season 3?

Pretty sure it's me and folms. :wink:
Over here in North America we prefer admins that haven't just hit puberty, are impartial in their decisions, not biased, don't let their emotions and personal opinions affect them, and know what the **** they are doing. So with that being said, it wont ever be you two.

Walty & Orion for UNAC III admins!

Balion Zero said:
]Over here in North America we prefer admins that haven't just hit puberty, are impartial in their decisions, not biased, don't let their emotions and personal opinions affect them, and know what the **** they are doing.
So...

MrX sounds like a viable candidate.

Balion Zero said:
Over here in North America we prefer admins that haven't just hit puberty, are impartial in their decisions, not biased, don't let their emotions and personal opinions affect them, and know what the **** they are doing. So with that being said, it wont ever be you two.

Mok said:
mad cus 16-1

Keep the immaturity and insults out of this thread.  If you cannot handle yourselves refrain from posting in this sub-board.
Enough with the trolling and get back on topic or this thread will be locked.

Orion said:
burning goats.

8MfaTDS.jpg

Also, to Uni's point...

Unicorn said:
If we end up with 10+ teams I think the divisions would be fine. If we have 9 again we should probably just go back to one bracket imo. Having a round robin where every team advances anyways was pointless.

I agree.  While I do support the concept behind the bracket system and the idea of shortening the tournament to maintain momentum, I feel like this tourney was a little too short and (due to every Div A team making the "playoffs") not very competitive.  Although I'm sure a few people would like to blame the admins for this, we can't really hold them responsible, as there's no way they could have predicted so many teams failing to register/continue right at the start of the tourney.  Really just food for thought as we review the bracket system for Season 3.

Simple enough to rationalize and formulate a back-up plan, based on something the community can easily vote for. The question is "how long should the tournament be at most, including finals?" Based on consistent one match per week scheduling and easily predictable bracket sizes for the finals, you can then decide whether or not to have divisions or a round robin. If you can fit all of the teams that sign up into a round robin format in your given time frame, then you do a round robin. Otherwise, you go for divisions or whatever structure you decide to try.

All you have to do is decide how long you want the tournament to go (which seemed to be the primary concern after UNAC 1 and the driving force behind implementing divisions) and trust your tournament administrator(s). Nobody wants a tournament to go fast and smooth like the guy running it, so let them run it and have some faith. It's not like you're giving up your firstborn to a stranger. Have we not known each other long enough to figure out who can and can't be trusted *cough*John*cough* with tournaments?

Personally, I was a little dismayed by the nature of SII, but it is the fault of the community more than anything (we need more teams). 

We're at an awkward number of teams; too little to split us up, too many for a short season.

My biggest regret about SII is facing only three teams, and for this reason I would support an alternative method for season III.

Gelden said:
Personally, I was a little dismayed by the nature of SII, but it is the fault of the community more than anything (we need more teams). 

We're at an awkward number of teams; too little to split us up, too many for a short season.

My biggest regret about SII is facing only three teams, and for this reason I would support an alternative method for season III.

^ PLZ DIS

I would support an alternative as well, but I would like to point out (which I was afraid of in the first place), that if we change the format now, Season 2 for the lower division was a pointless waste of time.  Particularly for HB, since they had a chance at making it to the finals.

That was my concern with the system in the first place.  At some point, the lower bracket is going to get screwed.

That said, any suggestions for a new system?

I would like to announce, if it hasn't been already, I will be the Head Admin for SIII. That said, I'll be contacting people in the next couple of days about the admin team.

Thanks Kherven and Calamity for a great SII. I won't let you down.

Continue with the discussion :3

I wasn't really planning on releasing said information until later with season 2 not being over yet, but because the cats out of the bag: I will not be admining Season 3. Once season 2 is over I'll be leaving the Warband community for good, so I won't really be around to help out with UNAC 3. Calamity is equally busy these days and has said he will also not be available to admin in any capacity season 3.

Its been a fun ride, but I've had my fun with this game and its time for me to move on. I'll still be admining the rest of  Season 2 and finishing up all the threads. Even afterwards i'll still be able to be found on steam ("Kherven') and POM teamspeak but my Warband days will be over.  Good luck.

Kherven said:
I wasn't really planning on releasing said information until later with season 2 not being over yet, but because the cats out of the bag: I will not be admining Season 3. Once season 2 is over I'll be leaving the Warband community for good, so I won't really be around to help out with UNAC 3. Calamity is equally busy these days and has said he will also not be available to admin in any capacity season 3.

Its been a fun ride, but I've had my fun with this game and its time for me to move on. I'll still be admining the rest of  Season 2 and finishing up all the threads. Even afterwards i'll still be able to be found on steam ("Kherven') and POM teamspeak but my Warband days will be over.  Good luck.

Tis a sad day  :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom