Current Bugs as of 2014 for Sword of Damocles: Warlords

Users who are viewing this thread

Sora0111

Recruit
Hello Friends,
                      I just wanted to start a new thread of bugs/glitches as of 2014, been searching for a while and I have been seeing bugs that are fixed, not fixed, and all mixed in between,. I just wanted to start off fresh with this new thread to help current players as well as hoping it my help the admin team of this fine mod. This thread is dedicated to ONLY bugs/glitches. There is already a thread for ideas and thoughts so let's keep this thread clear friends.

There are a number of bugs which bother me, but at this point I cannot recall most of them because I forgot to write it down (Shocking, I am human).

1) When given the option to ask one of the staff members to gather a particular group of recruits, it seems that over time the recruits will differ to what you intended. I do not know whether it is or not that since the game over time places gets taken over by another faction and that the villages no longer holds those faction of type peasants, which I understand.

2) Meeting ladies, only female courts, there is a bug that makes their head piece distorted. The actual character head is fine, however the helmet piece was glitching all over. *Note that I only spoke to Nords, Rhodocks, and Villianese factions when this happened.

3) Spy missions, even if I wait, or go far away and use Crt-T (damn a cheater). I seem to not be able to hide/see the the spy. I do not know what I was doing wrong or the game dislikes me. *Hopefully it just hates me*

4) *This one is my fault I am sure* When the game is in battle phase over a stretch of land showing the battle map on the top left hand corner. When I press [esc] it vanish. Pretty sure that is my muck-up.

5) Vassals recruited overseas disappear for a time after you talk to them in your castle and after you give them a fief, Max off the earth time 2 days.

6) *This one is most likely my fault because I was on my cheat character, yes shame on me* When I have full stock of items (e.g. dyes, leather, and iron) at the bottom half of my character's inventory, they disappear/vanish when I go into inventory after a while, whether it is because I was cheating or that my character was OP I do not know.

This thread probably won't be that helpful I am afraid, as most features of the game will have almost completely changed from the current release code... So there may still be bugs in the next version, but they will almost certainly be for entirely different reasons, and the code from the current release version will be entirely obselete...

The more accurate name for this thread would be Bugs as of the January 2012 Release (Yes folks it really has been that long :grin:)

Alright, I posted in the bugs forum on 3.0v. Hope it gets noticed. And apparently I cannot delete this thread. Sorry Computica and Manekemaan.

Ninja'd by LibSpit
No problem; Just so everyone knows if they want to fix the bugs themselves I'll give them the Source code for the Jan2012 release. I'm working on the new SoDW at the moment so if anyone wants to take a crack at the old one feel free to PM me about it.

Sora0111 said:
1) When given the option to ask one of the staff members to gather a particular group of recruits, it seems that over time the recruits will differ to what you intended. I do not know whether it is or not that since the game over time places gets taken over by another faction and that the villages no longer holds those faction of type peasants, which I understand.

3) Spy missions, even if I wait, or go far away and use Crt-T (damn a cheater). I seem to not be able to hide/see the the spy. I do not know what I was doing wrong or the game dislikes me. *Hopefully it just hates me*

6) *This one is most likely my fault because I was on my cheat character, yes shame on me* When I have full stock of items (e.g. dyes, leather, and iron) at the bottom half of my character's inventory, they disappear/vanish when I go into inventory after a while, whether it is because I was cheating or that my character was OP I do not know.

#3 and #6 are both bugs from vanilla, and the loss of items from inventory is not a result of cheating.  Usually it only affects the bottom 1 or maybe 2 lines of inventory, and usually seems to pop up if you lose a round in a large battle or leave a battle (considered fleeing) after a round but before the full battle is done.  I don't know how many times I lost irreplaceable books (+1 surgery, training, etc) to this bug before I stopped storing stuff in the bottom 2 lines of inventory.  I just leave them empty these days.

Bug #1 isn't a bug, it's a feature of SoD...and a limitation of Diplomacy.  The recruiters from the Diplomacy mod do not check the current faction owner of a village, instead it just uses the default starting values for all villages to determine which ones a recruiter can visit.  This means as one faction gets conquered by others, all their villages become owned by other factions.  This is where the SoD feature comes in...villages owned by a faction all yield recruits of that faction instead of their original, so now the recruiters end up bringing back recruits from several factions instead of the one you desired.

Well, I played SoD again for about a month, had quite a big of fun, but this old bug kept reappearing. Would you, per chance, have found a way to fix it in the newest (upcoming) version? ;D

the game will be so different that bug won't even be relevant.

Again that is a somewhat 'ill equiped' diplomacy mod issue, and a 'test platform state' issue.

Yeah Lib is right, I actually started the new version from complete scratch this time. We will develop our own diplomacy system this time around. The new game depends a lot on economics. Plus there is going to be a lot more factions to be available then usual M&B mods, so creating a custom system is neccesary.

In that case, I think I love you. Do you happen to have a rough ETA as-yet for release? This is undoubtedly my favorite Warband mod (Favorite M&B Mod, short of Star Wars Conquest. Damnit, I want that on Warband...), but the rare but destructive bugs tend to scare me off from playing it for too long. ='(

No ETA, but it probably won't be till at least least summer time, 3 months minimum I would reckon, unless we suddenly get a huge boost of time and speed but I still doubt less than 3 months, and probably more.

tumblr_m3gzkhzVm21r4xouyo1_500.gif

Totentag said:
In that case, I think I love you. Do you happen to have a rough ETA as-yet for release? This is undoubtedly my favorite Warband mod (Favorite M&B Mod, short of Star Wars Conquest. Damnit, I want that on Warband...), but the rare but destructive bugs tend to scare me off from playing it for too long. ='(
There is a Warband related project I'm working on that has a bit of the economy I'm working on. When that is released I'll be making plans to move forward with the mod. I should have an early test release for the new version of sodw in a month after that.

@SaintRouge I'll try my best not to make you wait too long. :smile:

as we have some bugs here, i would like to tell about a bug that will give you free troops, i dont know how i make it(or if its not a bug), but when i tell my constable to send all the prisoners i have to the prison tower, they insteado of sending my prisoners to the tower, duplicates ALL the prisoners in my town to my character party XD
(i play in autosavegame, so now i have 500 troops in my town and 250 troops in my army  :sad: )
(its more that i want to post it here, not to you to fix it(its probably already fixed) its more like so people dont use this when they have autosave)

One bug I saw is that the "retreat" option doesn't seem to work (when you press tab during battle). It asks if you want to withdraw, but doesn't let you, so you have to fight it out on that map. Not a huge deal, but some people like to rotate between the three maps you fight in, as some offer a better advantage for your guys, such as a tall hill being closer to you than the enemy so you can take the high ground first and avoid their arrows if you hide slightly behind it. Or maybe you're standing on the other side of a river, and the enemy force is mostly cavalry, and thus their usually deadly charge is nullified.

Another bug is that some enemy lords have the same emblem on their troops as my emblem, which is most notable on their shields. So sometimes it can confuse you into thinking they're your men, until you notice they're firing arrows at you, or swinging at you.

Ash45 said:
Another bug is that some enemy lords have the same emblem on their troops as my emblem, which is most notable on their shields. So sometimes it can confuse you into thinking they're your men, until you notice they're firing arrows at you, or swinging at you.
I always wonder what causes this. It's any random lord, too. Suddenly seeing massed crossbows (which I don't use) or board shields (which again, I don't have anyone with those) in my colors is very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom