Gentlemen's Tobacco Club

Users who are viewing this thread

Bought my first pipe today. Have just finished my first session. A bit lightheaded, honestly, but it was relaxing and enjoyable.

bEZA3.jpg

Aaah a Hollender. At least that's what we call those here. I find them a bit heavy since I tend to like just having it hanging from the corner of my mouth. But looks like a good pipe. What blend of tobacco did you use?

Teofish said:
Aaah a Hollender. At least that's what we call those here. I find them a bit heavy since I tend to like just having it hanging from the corner of my mouth. But looks like a good pipe. What blend of tobacco did you use?

Century Colombian Coffee, on the recommendation of my tobacconist. Was rather pleasant and enjoyable for someone transitioning in from cigarillos.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Any recommendations on a pipe tobacco that is nicely spiced?
Casual pipe tobacco > Captain Morgan's Spiced Gold  :cool:

Any Borkum Riff should do.  :razz:

Tried some ecological fairtrade cigs the other day. Daaaayyyum all that perfume and ****e in the regular ones makes a difference. Felt like smoking pleasantly tobacco flavoured steam. But they were stronger than filterless South State. Just kept smoking them back to back until I got dizzy. That hasn't happened to me in years.

Sadly(Or is it?) my tobacconist stopped selling to underage users, nor can I get from any stores anymore, seems like everyone went stricter on ID checking.

Ah well, my birthday is just around the corner. (25th of January)
I will eagerly await until I turn 18 and can once again purchase a pouch.

How do you light your tobacco? Bic, matches or Zippo?

I use my zippo.  :razz:

Yes. Not least because you need to give them a bit for the fire to spread or they go right out the moment you get them into the pipe bowl, and through force of habit this applies to regular smokes as well.

That's what I like with matches, you can really direct the flame to a point in the bowl.

Tip to all pipe smokers : Butane lighters burn at a higher temperature, please don't use them as they can damage the bowl. (Especially if it's corncob, I learned the hard way)  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom