SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.  :smile:
Now that I will release the "Fires of War" mod, I will work most of the time in this one, so the work will be sped up.

Hello! Super cool mod, and I would love to get more time into it but I have a problem.

Is there any way, as an unskilled-modder of M&B, that I can change the font and slightly lighten the menu/gui backgrounds? I find it almost impossible to read anything due to font and color choices.  :sad:

The interfaces should be stuffed into a .brf, so you can find that in the Resources folder and open the correct .brf with OpenBRF. I haven't worked much with interfaces before, but I get the feeling you can just export the textures. Now that I think about it... the interface images are probably located in Textures, so you may be able to just open up those in Photoshop or Paint.net. GIMP or anything like that won't work, as they're .dds. Try one of these things.

Font is a trickier thing to work with. You have the font_data.xml in the Data folder and the font.dds in the Textures folder. The one in the Textures folder is the font you will see in-game, while the one in the Data folder contains all the code and settings for it.

You can find some custom fonts that are already done here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,278728.0.html
If there's one you like, just download the pack it's included in, and replace the things and stuff.

Thank you very much for all that info (and the superspeedy reply).  :grin:

edit: swapping out the font.dds and the font_data.xml already made a world of difference in terms of legibility, so that is a great start.  :smile:

Re-phrased the thing with the fonts, as some of it seemed kind of misleading after having read it again. Hope it helps in any way.

hello, nice job on the mod, but whenever I received a text (bottom left corner) such as "you got xx denars", the text seems to have background of purple square, is this normal?. Another thing is, can you add "talk to guildmaster" in towns? I for one dislike going to town and have to walk to guildmaster, make it optional if you must.

thanks!

Hi, glad you like the mod! About the text, yes, it was a stupid mistake I did with the font, it's gone for the next version. Also, Guilmaster/Elder in menus added!  :smile:
Now I have some more time in my hands, so I'll work in the mod.

Antonis said:
Now I have some more time in my hands, so I'll work in the mod.
That is really great news. Warband is lacking in SP Viking content. Floris has nice troops and items, but, I dont know, it just seems a bit dated compared to Vikingr.  I got my Viking groove on last November, and got things swinging for the Viking Conquest release...and let us just say that I am unsatisfied on that account.

Then I found this wonderful mod and have had some good times indeed. Very interested in what you will come up with. Any hints? AI (Brainy Bots)? Items? Battle Continuation? Duels before a battle? Decapitation/Dismemberment?  :grin:

Any chance I could get a hold of the song names anywhere? :grin:
A particular song have fallen to my taste since Iam from Sweden myself but I cant find it anywhere! Help? :grin:

WizardOfAtlantis said:
Then I found this wonderful mod and have had some good times indeed. Very interested in what you will come up with. Any hints? AI (Brainy Bots)? Items? Battle Continuation? Duels before a battle? Decapitation/Dismemberment?  :grin:

Glad you like the mod and also for finding you Viking groove.  :smile:
Swing the axe hard, eh?

Now, here are some features as posted in our Steam group:

Diplomacy
Priests and Volvas, informing player on the lore and offering unique services
Formations
Beer Drinking :grin:
Hunting
Foraging skill(more skills to come)
Lav's companion Overseer
Ability to sell prisoners to Manhunters
Lord indictment spiral fixed
Wife as companion
Companion as emissary/spy
New quest for wife

Those are already implemented, more will added as time goes on.  :smile:

Luffaren said:
A particular song have fallen to my taste since Iam from Sweden myself but I cant find it anywhere! Help? :grin:

About the songs, I don't have a list with the originals, but if you can find out which one you like(by listening from the Music folder in the mod directory, I might be able to tell you which one is it.  :smile:

Luffaren said:

About the songs, I don't have a list with the originals, but if you can find out which one you like(by listening from the Music folder in the mod directory, I might be able to tell you which one is it.  :smile:

Its Lords_Hall_Khergit.ogg :smile:

Luffaren said:
Luffaren said:

LEL

Just had a problem with a quest. The Guild Master of Sveasund hired me to deliver wine to Baltisar/und (cant remember now), and instead of a tavern keeper there was a merchant in the Tavern behind the bar that gave me different dialogue options, (get ready we leave tomorow/take your time we leave in a few days) that prevented me from finishing the quest of wine delivery. I also got into a fight with a belligerent drunk and was unable to receive the sword because the fight never technically ended because there was no tavern keeper to talk to to say better him than me, etc.

Hey, thanks for reporting it, I knew there were several such issues, but they are fixed for next version. Thanks, though. :smile:

Luffaren said:

Ok, I'll take a look(or a listen) and I will contact you as soon as I find it. I just did a format in my PC, so it will take some time to fully operate.

Antonis said:
Hey, thanks for reporting it, I knew there were several such issues, but they are fixed for next version. Thanks, though. :smile:

Luffaren said:

Ok, I'll take a look(or a listen) and I will contact you as soon as I find it. I just did a format in my PC, so it will take some time to fully operate.

Alright, thanks! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom