[Werewolf: Archive] Werewolf: A Forum Affair II - Forumite Victory

Users who are viewing this thread

Werewolf: A Forum Affair II or;
How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Server

Apologies in advance, but I have a really ****ty headache; I'm tired, grumpy and just want to get a few hours sleep. Don't want to hold the game up though, so I'll post the rules and fill the narration in when I feel less crappy. Probably in half a dozen hours or so.

[Narration pending]​

Players:

1. Bulle
2. Moose
3. TheFlyingFishy
4. Xardob
5. Frisian
6. Vermillion Hawk
7. Eternal
8. Ruthven
9. König
10. Trevy
11. Quaillover
12. Magorian
13. Orj
14. Pachinko

Rules:

First off: 48 hour days, 48 hour nights. Day one is 60 hours long, for convenience. Second off, terminology: A ban is a kill. Scout is a scan. A Warning is a wound. The townspeople are Forumites, the wolves are Instigators.

Two warnings are a ban, because in these hard times, the laws must be strict and merciless. Also, gameplay convenience.

ROLE CLAIMS!

Right, relatively strict here. The ONLY part of your PM you are allowed to quote is up to the first full stop.. Paraphrase the rest as best you can. All roles follow the same format:

You are [NAME], [Few words of flavour]. [Role description/stuff].

Infractions of this will be severely punished, though you're welcome to invent roles following the same format. I tried to make it easy enough. :razz:

Other than that, role claiming is the same as ever - use common sense and realize it's frequently a dumb idea.

The Forumites win when they are the only ones to remain. The Instigators win when they hold a simple majority of the vote.

There is no editing or removing of your posts.
If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
No voting for yourself
Votes must be in Bold, as well as unvotes.
If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, the person with the most votes will be banned. If two or more players have an equal number of votes, one will be randomly banned, with equal chance for all involved.
The above will not happen if the majority is a No Lynch.
Once someone is banned, they may not post. Not even "Bah". Once a majority is reached, the player is muted, and should act as such. :razz:
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible.

That said, have fun, and remember the games tone. :razz:

Also, Redcoat Mic falls off a cliff.

So, the first lynch will probably be Pachinko or Konig. This isn't a terribly shocking revelation. It's just that they're the least experienced players in the game and, judging from their general personalities, they'll likely be the first to crack under pressure and say something wolfish enough to grab a handful of votes. Whether we get a noob or a noob wolf is pretty much a toss up.

So, Pachy, which one of you should I vote for?

Magorian Aximand said:
So, the first lynch will probably be Pachinko or Konig. This isn't a terribly shocking revelation. It's just that they're the least experienced players in the game and, judging from their general personalities, they'll likely be the first to crack under pressure and say something wolfish enough to grab a handful of votes. Whether we get a noob or a noob wolf is pretty much a toss up.

So essentially you're saying that the voting doesn't matter this turn, as long as you vote for one of them.  :neutral:

Vote: Magorian

A guy on a dating site told me yesterday that I look naughty, so I would've voted for myself if I could but then I realized that he probably meant something sexual so nevermind to begin with.

Now Magorian, even though I agree with you it's not rather polite. It's like you don't even want to bother trying to catch a wolf on the first day.

Bulle said:
Now Magorian, even though I agree with you it's not rather polite. It's like you don't even want to bother trying to catch a wolf on the first day.

Way to take both sides of the argument.  :???:

I just don't like at times some noobs that easily crack under pressure and it is most probable that one of them will be lynched. But that doesn't mean that they actually should be lynched.

Moose! said:
So essentially you're saying that the voting doesn't matter this turn, as long as you vote for one of them.  :neutral:

That is not at all the essence of what I said. I made an assessment of the day's probably outcome, and used that as a reason to apply pressure and begin discussion.

Bulle said:
It's like you don't even want to bother trying to catch a wolf on the first day.

I would love to catch a wolf. I'm also cognizant of the fact that new and jittery players are often the first to go, that noob wolves and nervous noob villagers are difficult to distinguish from one another, and that we're playing a lightning game.

Magorian Aximand said:

:neutral:

Anyways, Vote: Magorian (I don't intend to sound vindictive, but whatever)

I don't get it, man; just because I or Konig are new, you can't just go around saying that we'll get hung up the first.

And, as I've already said it before, I don't intend it in the slightest to vote you back just because you said something I didn't find nice. That was my own choice, and let me assure you that I didn't do it out of a vindictive feeling.

Magorian Aximand said:
Moose! said:

That is not at all the essence of what I said. I made an assessment of the day's probably outcome, and used that as a reason to apply pressure and begin discussion.

Bulle said:
It's like you don't even want to bother trying to catch a wolf on the first day.

I would love to catch a wolf. I'm also cognizant of the fact that new and jittery players are often the first to go, that noob wolves and nervous noob villagers are difficult to distinguish from one another, and that we're playing a lightning game.

Whether you are cognizant of this fact or not doesn't change the post in which you told the rest of the village that you've already decided to vote for one of these two players this turn without any discussion, regardless of whether you think they are a wolf or not.

Pachinko said:
I don't get it, man; just because I or Konig are new, you can't just go around saying that we'll get hung up the first.

And, as I've already said it before, I don't intend it in the slightest to vote you back just because you said something I didn't find nice. That was my own choice, and let me assure you that I didn't do it out of a vindictive feeling.

Doesn't seem that newbish if he already knows what an OMGUS is.

Pachinko said:

I didn't say you will get hung first. I said you'd probably get hung first. Nature of the game. And it's not just because you're new. This is also Hawk's first game, but he doesn't fit the profile.

Pachinko said:

I got that. But telling me that is not participating in the discussion. It doesn't really tell me anything about your vote at all.

Moose! said:
Whether you are cognizant of this fact or not doesn't change the post in which you told the rest of the village that you've already decided to vote for one of these two players this turn without any discussion, regardless of whether you think they are a wolf or not.

Did I ever say I was unwilling to vote for anyone else? I don't recall that. What I did, as I said, was use my assessment of the most probable outcome of the first day of the game as a reason to apply specific pressure and begin discussion. Worked pretty well so far...

Moose! said:
Doesn't seem that newbish if he already knows what an OMGUS is.

An OMGUS is not about vindictiveness.

Moose! said:
Bulle said:

Way to take both sides of the argument.  :???:
There is no argument. At least, 'argument' would assume 'something worth arguing over'. :razz:

Magorian Aximand said:

Hey, I'm insulted. :razz:

König said:
Magorian Aximand said:

Hey, I'm insulted. :razz:

You shouldn't be. It's not your fault you're just starting a game with a bit of a learning curve that currently consists mostly of veterans, and on a forum that habitually offs the new players early on.

Any thoughts on the discussion so far?

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Metagaming even on the first page is kind of lame. Vote: Magorian.

When the day is only 60 hours long, there isn't time for the bull**** joke round to kick things off. I had the very first post, so there wasn't anything in this thread to go on. What else should I have done? Sure, there may be other ideas, but will they be objectively better for starting discussion than probability and experience? Can you deny that my approach has spawned discussion pretty much immediately?

Not to mention, "lame" does not equal "wolfish". :wink: The object is to hunt wolves. Not kill of the "lame" people.

Back
Top Bottom