News:a chinese game copying M&B is around the corner

Users who are viewing this thread

Britz

Recruit
Well, I post in the wrong board minutes ago and unable to remove my own topic, can someone call the moderator to remove it? Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.
here is the link:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285768.msg6793437.html#msg6793437

video:http://static.video.qq.com/TPout.swf?vid=w00121z27xk&auto=1
or
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxj34_tFq3g

17330938420130904143800034.jpg

1733093842013090414374208.jpg

17330938420130904143553093.jpg

17330938420130904143910062.jpg

17330938420130904143838043.jpg

1733093842013090414381704.jpg

As can be seen from the video and screenshots above, the game is copying the game mode of M&B, even using the same skeleton animation and similar maps.

Tips: Tencent is one of the biggest IT company in china and has been notorious for copying other software and ideas. Actually, their core product qq is a copy, more precisely, a refined version of MSN.

Actually, I'm wondering what armagon will do with more m&b-like games in the market, like chivalry and the war of roses(but not this one, another Tencent's inferior copy). After all, these games post threat to the position of m&b,especially when players have used to what the current version of m&b can provide.

So, in a word, and with all due respect, can we have sth new about M&B2?

oh,here's another game, already online and open for registration
http://www.cdtwofish.com/index.php/Index/to_register/

those guys made the copy with "m&b like" game experience, taking advantage of the great number of m&b players in china. looks like they clone some terrain textures from m&b as well.

They didn't copy ****. It's just the same concept, it seems.

If you make a rally racing game, then it doesn't necessarily mean you copied the other ones that existed before. Same with Warband: if someone wants to make a medieval FPS it is no proof they copied anything. And stop calling China a copycat on every thing you can blame.

First three pictures clearly are ruins map. Fourth is some  random castle. 5th is arena map and 6th picture is some random castle again. :razz:

Copying warband isn't exactly copying warband, it's more like making a new game to the same genre.
Besides, most games are just copying other games these days. If you can name me even one game that's original that has been released this year (that's not an indie game), tell me pls.

Except for the fact that ruins is copied, the video makes it feel more like a take on War of the Roses than Warband. (Animation style, executions, etc). Its probably safe to say they got inspiration from both.
'
I'm not sure its  close enough to call it a blatant copy. Same genre? Yes.

Tbh i often find it funny when people blame people on copying. Why not copy something that is good? there's no reason not to include something good in any game, even if it's just copied. It's like saying you need to delete jumping from crash bandicoot cuz mario jumped first.

I am not here to “ call china a copycat", actually, I am chinese. I do not like the company because I know it well and am familiar with the way they operate: they always imitate others and make some improvements, or some ajusts. However, sometimes they get their products quite similar with the original ones, and always cross the line of copying. It is true that arpg productors got their ideas from diablo,rts makers follow the trend led by starcraft, but using the same layout and anim is another thing.

Actually, the most important thing is about the last sentence. :razz:

I think you go beyond making a game in the same genre when you do straight copies of the 'Ruins', 'Arena' and 'Mahdaar Castle' maps from Warband.

This simply is copying.

SgtTeeh said:
I think you go beyond making a game in the same genre when you do straight copies of the 'Ruins', 'Arena' and 'Mahdaar Castle' maps from Warband.

This simply is copying.

sotamursu123 said:
Tbh i often find it funny when people blame people on copying. Why not copy something that is good? there's no reason not to include something good in any game, even if it's just copied. It's like saying you need to delete jumping from crash bandicoot cuz mario jumped first.
They have an arena in the game, fk it's a copy omg

It looks exactly like the warband map. Exactly. Same for Ruins. One of the images is of that desert siege map (the name escapes me). The horses look the same too. It's a copy sota, deal with it :p

I'm not surprised. This behavior is typical of some companies, and they're encouraged to act that way.

I also admit that I like how that Chinese game looks. It's basically Warband, and I like Warband. And ya, the maps are perfect copies. Can't deny it.

I'd be happy to see more games in this genre, but preferably they would add more original content, instead of recycling what already exists.

Back
Top Bottom