[OSP] MP COOP campaign "engine" V0.2 gamma (1.10.2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_dragon said:
9jakub9 said:
It logs me out every few minutes or when i enter a new area, any solutions?

wait for next release(of course there are answer to what you said, but i am too tired to explain everything...the next update will come with proper informations)

Okay, any info you could leak about when there will be a next release? Also will me and the person that i am playing with ever be able to go into battles and scenes together?

9jakub9 said:
Okay, any info you could leak about when there will be a next release? Also will me and the person that i am playing with ever be able to go into battles and scenes together?

You will be able to have battle against other players in the next update.Idk when will be the next update...and I can't tell.

The_dragon said:
9jakub9 said:

You will be able to have battle against other players in the next update.Idk when will be the next update...and I can't tell.

That's fantastic then, i hope you continue the great work and i hope the next update is released fast, because that logging out is really getting on my nerves :smile:

I suggest you add some kind of pause when two players accept it? Maybe something like a poll to pause the game?

Or do you have any plans about the feature "saving the progress and continuing after"?

Because yeah multi campaign is nice but nobody would just sit on computer for hours non-stop to play the co-op.

But anyway, what you do is great and maybe what I ask is too early and too much to ask right now :smile:

I hope this is implemented by the devs of bannerlord. It would be similiar to Shogun 2 Total War online campaign mechanics, but with more features such as free roam and moving around in real-time.

This far surpasses Shogun Total War online Campaign.

Anani said:
I suggest you add some kind of pause when two players accept it? Maybe something like a poll to pause the game?

Or do you have any plans about the feature "saving the progress and continuing after"?

Because yeah multi campaign is nice but nobody would just sit on computer for hours non-stop to play the co-op.

But anyway, what you do is great and maybe what I ask is too early and too much to ask right now :smile:

I agree, there should be a feature of pausing the game if the other player accepts. What i can't wait for now is co-op battles and sieges where we actually see each other in the battle and of course for the logging out to be fixed.

EDIT:

Also a quick question, once the mod is in a better-looking shape, could i eventually try to integrate this co-op feature into my mod? I would make 2 versions, one with the default SP and MP and the other with the co-op. I guess since it is an OSP the owner would not have any problem with this, of course i would highly credit the maker of this mod.

9jakub9 said:
Anani said:

I agree, there should be a feature of pausing the game if the other player accepts. What i can't wait for now is co-op battles and sieges where we actually see each other in the battle and of course for the logging out to be fixed.

EDIT:

Also a quick question, once the mod is in a better-looking shape, could i eventually try to integrate this co-op feature into my mod? I would make 2 versions, one with the default SP and MP and the other with the co-op. I guess since it is an OSP the owner would not have any problem with this, of course i would highly credit the maker of this mod.

Leave him alone with your questions

It's a fine question to pose, but I do not understand the need for large font.

It's rather annoying, and people can read your post in a normal size, thank you.

The Dark Robin said:

It's rather annoying, and people can read your post in a normal size, thank you.

But maybe i can't, thought about that? Thank you.

9jakub9 said:
The Dark Robin said:

But maybe i can't, thought about that? Thank you.

Annd... Enough. Stop spamming my inbox, I didn't subscribe to this topic for its magic kindergarten adventures. Here, have a lollipop and go to that corner.

Give the boy some time, he will come around. They always do.

Jakub, golden rule; NEVER EVER fuuuu'*** ask for release dates. It is like a thorn (question) in the rose (you)  to us.

this is gonna be awesome if it can be applied to other mods as well. it change mount and blade multiplayer from here on out.

I am trying to make an individual application that will be the server(in c++), so you will not need to install a webserver for making your own server, just double clicking on an exe (it is also much more faster than php).

I added white list and admin support(only for commands right now), parties (towns, villages) and i worked on the masterserver ( when i will release the mod, the masterserver will be up). Also fixed a lot of bugs, improved things here and there.

The mod will not support AI parties.

The_dragon said:
I am trying to make an individual application that will be the server(in c++), so you will not need to install a webserver for making your own server, just double clicking on an exe (it is also much more faster than php).

Does that mean it won't be Linux supported ?

I have no ideea about linux...

The AI parties won't be supported because:
1. there will be need much much more data to be sended from server to client (but i don't think this will be a problem, if my program will handle much more requests)
2. because it is AI, means that their actions needs to be calculated by computer, wich is mostly impossible for me to do (warband itself does that thing, but in my case, it needs to be performed by the server, not by the client).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom