Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

BloodXIII said:
Lol I love how everyone's questions are getting answered other than mine. Is it really that difficult to answer? I just wanted to know if defeated faction lords come back.
This is the same as native. Some lords will defect to another faction, and the ones that don't... you will probably never see them again.

Okay, so I'm 200 and something days into the game and i've noticed a new party, part of the demon worshippers faction, but it's called "Dreaded nightmatre" Seems cool, apart from the fact is has 10,000 TROOPS!.  At first I thought this was part of the intense difficulty of this mod, but then I realised it's stupid. I went into cheatmenu mode and tried to engage it to somehow remove it. The game crashed every single time so I know this is a bug.

It's just the dreaded fallen, they have so many of those. The rest of the troops are at a normal number.

Anyway I can remove them from the game?

Please!?

DeanTheBean said:
Okay, so I'm 200 and something days into the game and i've noticed a new party, part of the demon worshippers faction, but it's called "Dreaded nightmatre" Seems cool, apart from the fact is has 10,000 TROOPS!.  At first I thought this was part of the intense difficulty of this mod, but then I realised it's stupid. I went into cheatmenu mode and tried to engage it to somehow remove it. The game crashed every single time so I know this is a bug.

It's just the dreaded fallen, they have so many of those. The rest of the troops are at a normal number.

Please!?

You may remove the party by deleting it from party_template.txt but if there is a script or something related to this party, it may cause some problems. So make a back-up before trying what I said :smile:

DeanTheBean said:

Please!?

you're playing an old version of the game, maybe .70 or .71
  this is a bug from .70 that I think was closed for .72 and beyond.

The main thing blocking you from upgrading is .72 and up don't load .70 savegames.

And that's about all thats keeping this bug on your system...

- GS

Lol I love how everyone's questions are getting answered other than mine. Is it really that difficult to answer? I just wanted to know if defeated faction lords come back.
Because of high amount of factions there is some unknown limit with lords movement between factions. After most of factions destoyed around 30-40% of lodrs are lost forever (they simply never changing their previous faction after its destruction). Also Queen Trisna never defects.

dragos said:
DeanTheBean said:

Please!?

You may remove the party by deleting it from party_template.txt but if there is a script or something related to this party, it may cause some problems. So make a back-up before trying what I said :smile:

I tried loading it and I get an error RGL, unexpected end of file...

EDIT: I copy/pasted a random line from the file, and loaded the game. It worked. Will this **** up the game as their is two of the same line?

I'm currently a vassal of Redwood. I wanted some Maccavian knights of steel but gathering squires by capturing them or rescued prisoners is arduous. So I thought to myself I'd try the "change culture" option you get if you own a town, hoping the noble recruits would be Maccavian.

I changed to Maccavian culture and waited around a month's time, yet there's no change. Is the culture choice only relevant if you've started your own kingdom, or do I simply need to wait longer?

Thanks in advance

Banewolf said:
I'm currently a vassal of Redwood. I wanted some Maccavian knights of steel but gathering squires by capturing them or rescued prisoners is arduous. So I thought to myself I'd try the "change culture" option you get if you own a town, hoping the noble recruits would be Maccavian.

I changed to Maccavian culture and waited around a month's time, yet there's no change. Is the culture choice only relevant if you've started your own kingdom, or do I simply need to wait longer?

Thanks in advance

Is it the culture change that costs 200k or the free one? I've asked about the 200k one and the dev team said it's not done yet. I also tried the free one and it also didn't work, and I assume it also isn't done.

Sky Warden said:
Banewolf said:

Thanks in advance

Is it the culture change that costs 200k or the free one? I've asked about the 200k one and the dev team said it's not done yet. I also tried the free one and it also didn't work, and I assume it also isn't done.

I put that in test, after some rework of the fix as given by Zeph.  Of course, test isn't savegame transferable from Perisno, and its handled on another forum.
That's been in since yesterday.  Stuff from test gets put in Perisno after someone bothers to test, which so far hasn't happened, so it probably wont be in Perisno for a while.  Its an open test but meh.

- GS

Sky Warden said:
Banewolf said:

Thanks in advance

The free one only works if you are the king of your faction, and it doesn't work either due to the way that perisno units have been hard coded in to the recruitment scripts for whatever reason.
The 200k doesn't work for the same reason, though it's different.

Zephilinox said:
The free one only works if you are the king of your faction, and it doesn't work either due to the way that perisno units have been hard coded in to the recruitment scripts for whatever reason.

Oh God. So it is indeed hard coded. I don't like this "feature" at all. I know that the purpose of the game is to resurrect the Perisnoan kingdom, but players don't always want to. Make Perisno the default culture when you start a kingdom, but please give the option to choose your own.

Sky Warden said:
Zephilinox said:

Oh God. So it is indeed hard coded. I don't like this "feature" at all. I know that the purpose of the game is to resurrect the Perisnoan kingdom, but players don't always want to. Make Perisno the default culture when you start a kingdom, but please give the option to choose your own.

Yeah it's something that will be changed in the future. It's more a bug than a feature, I think.

Zephilinox said:
Yeah it's something that will be changed in the future. It's more a bug than a feature, I think.

Well, knowing that it's hard-coded makes me think that it's intended to be like that. Glad that it'll be fixed though. :grin:

Anyway, is it possible to make my vassals exchange fiefs? I gave Shi Jin a village of a castle which now belongs to another lord. I want to give the village to the lord who has the castle and gives Shi Jin another castle along with its village.

Sky Warden said:
Zephilinox said:

Go to test, cheat your way to a kingdom, see how it looks now, then assume.
  I rewrote the fix a bit but I think I did it correctly.  I just haven't tested it the way you would.
  I'm surprised though, of 200K downloads for Perisno, test had like 3 hits, and its been up at least 3 weeks.
  I guess its all about the long games built up in Perisno and not disturbing players much these last months.  Including our promise not to patch a lot until .8. 
Forced patches (aka Steam) disturb a lot of people.  *optional* patches are different, but I didn't think it'd be 3 people.  OK enough said.

- GS

Okay, I finally decided to upgrade my Perisno to the latest version. My question is: what is the proper install order for .74 since I read there's been tons of hotfixes here and there. And if you can, please post the install order for Mel's .74 Perisno as well.

Thanks in advance.

WolfWitness said:
Okay, I finally decided to upgrade my Perisno to the latest version. My question is: what is the proper install order for .74 since I read there's been tons of hotfixes here and there. And if you can, please post the install order for Mel's .74 Perisno as well.

Thanks in advance.

there's a .74 full with all the patches already included except for yesterday's .743 "semi official".
  Our moddb link still points at .73 but I was able to find it by browsing files
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommembersmichadrmods/downloads/perisno-074-full-verison

Theres a mels' .741 full also, this time at Nexus
  http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3980/?

Between the two I personally prefer Mels but the distinction is subtle and Perisno gets patched first as it has more downloads.
I usually use her troop files (when I get them) for test as I prefer her style of awesome women and gallant men a little more.
Both are fairly stable, meaning I dont tinker with them daily//weekly like on test...

Otherwise there were patches for not just code but Resource, Textures, Sound folders with important changes to mounts, dwarves (especially specular lighting), human girl's faces, kingdom ladies (all 3 races), some items moved around, some troops re-equipped (save game breaking).

Critical changes to resource and textures happened at Christmas for .72, at ".73final", and at .74
  3 sounds were added in the skins for .74 and left off the full distribution, so I added them yesterday at patch 743, and some sounds were added at Christmas.  If you have say a November build missing everything you may as well download a full distribution  as everything is already installed for you.  Just with .7z files when they expand you generally expand to a temporary folder someplace or your desktop (assuming it has nearly 3 GB available space) then cut the expanded folder and paste under your mount&Blade Warband/modules folder
          make sure you arent just trying to move a folder under a folder like this   
    Perisno 74\Perisno 74\bunch of .txt files and subfolders here

It should look like
      c:\program files (x64)\Mount&Blade Warband\modules\Perisno 74\bunch of text files and folders here
        for 64-bit Win 7/8/10

- GS

WolfWitness said:

Thanks in advance.

For MelsPerisno, the load order is simple.  Install this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommembersmichadrmods/downloads/melsperisno-074-full-version

And you're done!  Go play.  :smile:

There are a few optional hotpatches one may try, but they are not needed for anything.

Mel's Personal Edition:  The one I actually play.  It has some different female armour and a few other changes.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ilncn2f51f2i6em/AADH_3JHqnkDa14NQvvwnmyKa?dl=0

Dwarf Lover's Edition:  Gives the Kaikoth superior armour ratings.  Install after installing Mel's Personal Edition.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/6an7tgateqgtxfo/troops.txt?dl=0

No Boobies Edition:  Replaces obviously feminine appearances with a more soldierly look.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0g8gcrancn340l/AAAseCISnXCBy1hTiLbYZbSEa?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom