Creating new AI fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

In cinema, when fight with 10 man, the hero only fight with 1 or 2 man at the same time. 8 man circled around.
yeah, with that scare of enemy's skill, if you own a hero, use him as bodyguard, you're safer than have 10 guards around :grin:
Now, the AI fighting nearly complete except blocking or avoid arrow without shield and how to fight on horse. any idea?

cwr said:
Wow she was really good at blocking. :smile:

Do you have the code for this?
yes i have. But it isn't complete. I will post my code when complete. It's just  my tutorial. She usually block. She will fight fine when complete.

Ok, take your time. :smile:

I just thought it could be awesome for a boss if they had better ai, so that's why I asked. It looks good! :grin:

Blocking way too good, that players will smash their heads off on the computer when they are done blocking for 1341125 minutes. You might want to add a few "exceptions" into the principle of the code. (Like forcing agent to rethink in a random dice roll here and there in middle of fighting.)

Gotha said:
Basically a really easy script. But as Belendor said.. Add a chance of perhaps 5% that he fails at blocking or something.
Yeah, this is my tutorial. When finished, it will have 5%-20%  that she will attacking instead of blocking. And she doesn't block usually, she will roll, run backward, run left, run right....to prevent an attacking.
And avoid bow shoot.

i really like it.  the idea of challenging ai.  but i have two concerns

1:  how long do lrger singleplayer battles take? and is it going to be impossible to get in the fighting.

2: since you really have to try to beat an opponent, is it possible to code something that allows ai to pick another target it one is already in combat.  like shogun 2.  or possibly only make generals that strong

Flame2574 said:

1:  how long do lrger singleplayer battles take? and is it going to be impossible to get in the fighting.

2: since you really have to try to beat an opponent, is it possible to code something that allows ai to pick another target it one is already in combat.  like shogun 2.  or possibly only make generals that strong

i ask the first, because they are way better at fighting, and i dont wanna sit for three hours while 100+ ai swing and block.

and i ask the second because i cant fend off 11 different master swordsmen at a time  :lol:

Flame2574 said:

We make it as in a real fight:sad:only for a special hero, not for a group of troop)
<3 eneny : attack the nearest enemy if the distaces between she and the two enemy is greater than xxx.
>3 enemy: run backward and devide enemy into small group.
I hate to see the heroes tank with 10 enemies and die.

Note : the next clip is 1 vs 2.

Sorry, i am bad at english.

I quite liked the way she avoided attacks by movement, that was good. I could see this AI being annoying if used for all characters in SP battles, but for "bosses" it could be pretty sweet indeed.

He just needs to make her have a chance of attacking instead of blocking, and it will be a great ai. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom