Pest Lords

Users who are viewing this thread

Got the same problem here, its funny because the pest lords were just waiting with 1 soldier but at the moment i got a castle from my king, they all came in my castle and got troops...and i guess they will try to protect my castle if it got besieged x)

Anyway there is no fix for the moment (expect with the fix loading an save from 1.4 ?) ?
But if you are working on it i'm not scared :p

I have been trying a 1.41 brytenwalda with 1.158 warband plus Idibil's fix (thanks for that Idibil) but nothing seems to have changed. I started a new game and no lords are defecting although 2 factions have been defeated and it's been some time since the defeat.

I also tried a 1.4 saved game after updating and putting the fix on but again lords weren't defecting. Anyone got any ideas? Would a full re-install help?

I've tried everything now and nothing works! I did a complete reinstall of warband 1.158 and brytenwalda 1.4. Once again everything seemed fine until around day 300 when a whole load of lords suddenly switched over to factions that had been defeated.

These lords then show up at my castle and strated patrolling around it. Up until that point everything was fine. Also some of the lords who had just switched to defeated factions then switched again to another faction which was still alive but many didn't.

As I'm not playing 1.41 now I think the problem must be with Warband 1.158 not brytenwalda or perhaps there is a clash between 1.158 and brytenwalda. (although I don't know enough about game design to say)

The lords defect to already defeated factions:

iH3Mn.jpg

The pest lords think my castle is 'their home':

OPVhW.jpg

Return of the accursed pest lords: aaaaghhhhh!!!

VgQqT.jpg

Question for Sir Joselito: What actually happened when you put the fix on? Did the pest lords immediately join other factions?

Also what versions are people playing who have this problem, is it 1.158 warband?

I have Vintan Ceaster and I have about 20+ pest lords swarming around it. It is annoying but I tell myself that because I am playing an honourable, pious christian and that a message came up telling me that the people of Britain are starting to see me as some kind of saint/deliverer then I am imagining that they are swarming to me out of desperation, wanting me to unite the land.

Although with some posters here saying they will not join you when you become a King that will kind of deviates from the narrative.

Push comes to shove I will attack them all and lock them in my dungeon for trespassing but that would be out of character so I am not sure.

Osric the Cattle Raider said:
Also what versions are people playing who have this problem, is it 1.158 warband?
no, mine was 1.157. it only became an issue with these (1.157 + 1.41) patches, it seems, for i had no problems of this sort before (campaign started with 1.4 with TML on 1.153).

havent tried 1.158 yet. 

I dont know what happened

I just installed this submod:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,278548.0.html

Just to have stronger companions and all the pest Lords (like 6 factions, 20 pest lords) all defected
But none came in the faction where i'm ... (east engla) so Dummonia is kinda powerfull now (13 lords...)

Mycose said:

I just installed this submod:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,278548.0.html

Just to have stronger companions and all the pest Lords (like 6 factions, 20 pest lords) all defected
But none came in the faction where i'm ... (east engla) so Dummonia is kinda powerfull now (13 lords...)

Has anyone else tried this? These pest lords are really destroying the mod for me. Anyone have some ideas?

Hibernicus said:
Mycose said:

Has anyone else tried this? These pest lords are really destroying the mod for me. Anyone have some ideas?
Yeah. It works. At least for me.

I think the script file got corrupted at one moment so the lords action where not normal
And when i changed the script file with the one from the mini-mod
It fixed the script file

Mycose said:
I think the script file got corrupted at one moment so the lords action where not normal
And when i changed the script file with the one from the mini-mod
It fixed the script file

I actually looked at the script file and seen this entry  lord_find_alternative_faction  so i changed everything after it from the original Brytenwalda to the new mini mod  and a bunch of lords defected and seems to have fixed it so far. Thanks Mycose  for the info. :grin:

Hello everyone, I just want to ask if i need to restart the game after have overwritten the submod stronger companions.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Where can I download this companionsubmod file?
I'm facing the pestering Lords too

and the link above leads only to a weird microsoft exe file...

or is there another way already to deal with the Problem?

I will have to try that sub mod fix. At the moment though I have no problem with pest lords. I t was driving me up the wall, a real game destroying bug, so I wiped everything and reinstalled with 1.153 warband and 1.4 Brytenwalda, since then, no problems.  I do miss the tweaks to the fatigue system in 1.41 and the graphics pack works much better with 1.41 but other than that it's all fine.

Was there ever a fix made for this that didn't involve the companion sub mod? The link to that mod is currently dead and I could really use a fix for this problem.

*push

'cause it's a real gamebreaker.
The whole mod is definitely unplayable for me because of that bug.
Any fix, workaround would be really appreciated..

Same bug in my game, though fortunately until now the lords don't have enough troops so they just stand there. Is there any way to remove them with a cheat?

Lamias said:
Is there any way to remove them with a cheat?

That would still be a major flaw...the whole faction AI/mechanics would become boring.

They need to join other factions, or playing a longtime campaign is basically pointless.

Back
Top Bottom