Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrowind Mod Man said:
Is there anymore room for new skills? I saw another mod that had a skill that gave you a percent chance to nullify the damage you take from a hit (I think it was called tumble) and it would be a good option for non magical, non archer, non cleric fighter types. It would be nice to have another reason to raise agility besides stealth. Or maybe rogues could have something like that as their ability.

Ohh, good idea!

I think you guys should add in a druid magic system tied in with the elves since there is already faith, necromancy, and normal wizardy. Tied into the druid magic would be one lots of nature obviously but also the ability like with the priest to summon weapons for example a druidic bow, and do weapons like that have possible and upgrade system. Maybe have at city or select cities have a "wizard tower" where you can upgrade magic equipment and spells to further the experience.

In my opinion some sounds need some serious loudness equalization. Elven screams are very ear-rapey, it doesn't help that they sound incredibly tweeny as well. Some unique weapons' effects, Vorpal Sword's for example, are also too loud (even a bit cheesy).

I know I could open up Audacity and fix this myself but I believe I'm not the only one who is bothered by this.

The hammer of thunderbolts from DnD is directly based on Mythology Thor.

Especially since it requires you to have a gauntlet of ogre power and belt of giant strength to unlock the Hammers true powers, since in mythology, Thor's strength came from his gauntlets and his nigh invulnerability came from his belt (or I may have that backwards....).

Seipherwood said:
Spell sounds are also very annoying and loud for me. its unplayable with sound on at all if im near any mages.

Strange, I don't have ANY of your sound issues...maybe the volume of your sound effects in general is too loud?

Might be, that the relative volume of the spell/magic item effects is much louder compared to other in-game sounds...so far I am fine, but I still hear everything.

Sorry, elven sounds are on me. I'm not really that satisfied with how they came out either (compared to drow), but without a clear "cultural" image, I just have no idea how to portray them.

If you take any "lord of the rings" elves...they don't have any war cries at all...and I don't remember ever having heard any of them scream when they die....so what should be done for Warband?

While playing though, it was bothering me a lot less than I thought...but I cite your words "maybe it's just me".

If there are enough complaints (and hopefully a suggestion of a cultural portrayal), then I will re-do them.
Strangely enough, I had recorded a load of sounds, not all are that bad, but I don't know how the game is actually rotating/using the sound files.
There are a lot of lines I recorded, that I can't recall ever popping up while playing (granted, I wasn't playing an elf).

Throwing out another suggestion for pre-battle orders OSP to be added.

Being able to pick exactly which troops join a fight is amazingly useful.
That and the foraging skill are the main two things I miss from Floris when I play this amazing mod. :smile:

I'd favor reworking elf sounds. They sound decent when they're saying their lengthier phrases, aside from the "ya ay ay yah!" cry, which is absolutely terrifying  :shock: (and not in the good terrifying way) Their cries here and there could definitely sound more spirited, which is the main thing killing them.

As for a cultural base, you could look at either D&D or lotr elves, as they have similar roots. The elves of D&D were derived from Tolkien's fabrication of them, though they're not the same elves. Tolkien based the elves on the mysteriousness of the fey in Celtic culture, giving them characteristics of beauty, gracefulness, and precision. Their culture was meant to be idealistic, and they lived in advanced societies in harmony with nature. D&D's take on this was to emphasize the nature part, and increase the mysteriousness. Tolkien's view of elves was mirrored by the languages he gave them, they were graceful and flowing, and were based on Welsh and Finnish, which seemed to him to be a perfect model. Applied in game, their voices should of course sound suave, with just a a touch of furtiveness.

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf_(Middle-earth) (background section) : http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Elvish#Inspiration (inspiration section)

You may also find this link inspirational.  :wink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkRcNt44eEc 0:45, 0:21, 1:43, 3:02, and 3:15 are some that seem particularly related to elves, although I'm certain there are more.

Really love this mod, you guys are doing an awesome job. So props to you all. I only have a couple suggestions/requests.

1) Ability to hire patrols like those of the Orcs except maybe make them smaller in party size? The map may get a little crowded with every factions having 10 patrols of 100ish troops without vassals, making it a little bit of a grind especially on harder difficulties.

2) Ability to have a recruiter/chamberlain like is in a few other mods to recruit/train troops for your castles/towns.

I may have another I can't think of currently but these are just things I would like to see personally. Like I said, the mod is really doing well.

Froi said:
Elves should be taller...
There have been discussions about this in the forum if you back far enough.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,288309.0.html

Epicspencer said:
There either should be a gnome faction, or gnomes work alongside dwarfs.

You mean besides the Ridas Magocracy? I'm pretty sure they're the dedicated gnome faction. It might just be hard to tell because they're not quite as short as gnomes should probably be.

Krysinski said:
Epicspencer said:
There either should be a gnome faction, or gnomes work alongside dwarfs.

You mean besides the Ridas Magocracy? I'm pretty sure they're the dedicated gnome faction. It might just be hard to tell because they're not quite as short as gnomes should probably be.

No, that's just human wizards.

The mod Silverstag released its source code recently and i think this mod would benefit from it since diplomacy isnt quite compatible with this mod.

i know this suggestion may be hard or even impossible but can you make it that some kind of troops or may be drows that have like a shadow step move wich make them teleport behind the troop since they are stealth poeple but they can only do it in short range , hope you understand it , if you didnt you can search up infaous second son its a game that has this thing

jacksin125 said:
Would it be possible to add diplomacy to this mod? that would be great. I would enjoy it a lot more if you did.

It has been tried, and it is currently not possible.

Other adaptations are being considered; stay tuned.

Whoopstorm said:
jacksin125 said:
Would it be possible to add diplomacy to this mod? that would be great. I would enjoy it a lot more if you did.

It has been tried, and it is currently not possible.
We really should have started a counter for how many times this was asked.  Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom