The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trenches, sandbags, acampaments (I am not sure if I wrote the word correctly). Also, will be there "guardian's parties"? They would act like manhuners, would be very skilled, but rare, not very rare, but not very frequently.

You could called the castles Safe Havens. Towns could be called Colonies maybe Unions or something of similar nature.

The Safe Havens have the same idea you had for fortified settlements with traders, civilians walking around, probably their own militia or faction guards patrolling/guarding it as well. The havens are basically towns from native but scaled down more. Much like you're idea.

The Unions/Survivor Colonies would be havens in a bigger scale with more resources to trade, more people to hire, better defenses (props and scenes) that kind of thing. They would be rare and far between but they be like trade hubs from various havens and such.

Only ideas I have.

Maybe make so the towns have all kind of traders, but the "castles" have only one or two. Like in TLD, where some ssettlements didn't have a blacksmith, others didn't have a horse merchant, and so on. Or that they have itinerant traders like the book merchants in native's taverns. That way the "castles" will have more functions but the towns will remain the main trading posts that you must visit if you want to make sure you find the merchant you're looking for.

FeralCrazed said:
thomasNL01 said:
Wait, are the zombies going to be a faction, or like bandits, i think i missed it.

The Undead aka zombies are their own faction just a unplayable one for obvious reasons.

Really?

I didn't think zombies would be faction. I thought that they'd be another group of outlaws just named zombies and are zombies. Now they can officially raid and you have to take them out of the villages and so forth. Also, I bet La_Grandmaster could put in a script so these Zombies can also raid fortifications, but the guards will try and withold against them.

Not sure.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Really?

I didn't think zombies would be faction. I thought that they'd be another group of outlaws just named zombies and are zombies. Now they can officially raid and you have to take them out of the villages and so forth. Also, I bet La_Grandmaster could put in a script so these Zombies can also raid fortifications, but the guards will try and withold against them.

Not sure.

Making them a faction would likely give them similar scripting the AI Factions uses to allow them to siege, attack, Have a marshal (to give the effects of a horde). So I'm assume it makes it easier for him rather than redoing or something.

I am curious if there will be neutral units that aren't faction based so that there can be just regular units called Guard Militia or something. 

Possibly it could be both. The vassals would be big mobs of zombies, while their are much smaller groups that are similar to bandits.

Vassal: A large amount decided by La_Grandmaster
A wandering band- Based on level of character. But I'd think starting should be like 10.

La Grandmaster said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Wouldn't they be dealing with their own problems?

There will be no countries invading the U.S or anything like this, the virus has affected the entire world. Think of the scenario in "I am Legend", nobody comes to the U.S.A's aid because all other countries are experiencing they're own problems. Mankind is on the brink of extinction and every day is a struggle for survival.

On a side note I have been thinking of what I can do about native's castles, obviously I cant leave them as castles so I was thinking about simply turning them into "Fortified Settlements" which are identical to natives castles in almost every way apart from the name. However I think this idea is a bit boring, I could alter their function completely (similar to how I've completely changed villages into PoI's) but Im struggling to think of what I could do with them.  Any suggestions or ideas would be very welcome.

Some ideas I had for Fortified Settlements
Basically Fortified Settlements would be like mini towns - they would have
- traders
- civilians who walk around the scene
- the ability to purchase resources and sell them (the price to buy resources would be very high as I want to encourage people to harvest them themselves at PoI's)
- Any other ideas would be completely welcome, or if you have an idea which would completely alter natives castles in every way I would gladly hear that as well  :grin:
Possible Settlements? you could use a system like "move your court to this place"

Since it is an apocalypse the population would not be very large for the human factions. So with that in mind i would suggest making the castles into a new thing called key locations or outposts. These would have very little if no functions except as a territorial thing which would hold a small garrison.

Towns should stay as towns, bits of civilization remaining in the world, and this is where you would have all your traders, civilians and other stuff your planning.

This idea is pretty much is close to native but i think it would be cool if the human factions started with their two or three towns but no outposts/key locations (these all belong to the zombies) and as the zombies die off the humans are able to begin reclaiming the land.

DarthShroom said:
Since it is an apocalypse the population would not be very large for the human factions. So with that in mind i would suggest making the castles into a new thing called key locations or outposts. These would have very little if no functions except as a territorial thing which would hold a small garrison.

Towns should stay as towns, bits of civilization remaining in the world, and this is where you would have all your traders, civilians and other stuff your planning.

This idea is pretty much is close to native but i think it would be cool if the human factions started with their two or three towns but no outposts/key locations (these all belong to the zombies) and as the zombies die off the humans are able to begin reclaiming the land.

Then what do you suggest / whats wrong with my idea?

Also zombies kind of have to only be a faction so the player can eventually defeat them.

DarthShroom said:

Your completely forgetting the other half of the mod. The other factions :0 Its not a war against the infected, its more of a war against the other survivors.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
DarthShroom said:

Your completely forgetting the other half of the mod. The other factions :0 Its not a war against the infected, its more of a war against the other survivors.
+1

The town of....
Gator's Valley

In the fog
mcak.jpg

p5ct.jpg

6qkn.jpg

hbc8.jpg

Daylight
c0bz.jpg

oq6h.jpg

Just wondering, how will the beginning of the mod play out? Or what is your Idea?

Like in native, you start off reading the little bio of Mount and Blade, then you start creating your character, customizing, distributing stats. Then you spawn at the city you want, where you fight the bandit then talk to the merchant who asks you to save his brother.

How will the start look in your eyes?
----------------------------------------------

I'm thinking that it should be practically normal native. The intro bio should be saying the credits, and such. A little about this mod and stuff.

Here is a example of the customizing your character:

You were born in the continental United States, a land torn between rivaling goverments, fighting to gain control what is left of the United States. A war between gangs,bandits and cannibals, all willing to kill each other for their own reasons. And finally, the wide spread infection that causes humans to lose control of  their bodies and go back to their animal instincts. Feed. Humans came infected by (Whatever reason you want) and was transmitted from one to another by bite, scratch and other ways to transfer the disease. This infection was not just in North America, it was global. Mankind its self is on the verge of destruction. Billions have died, few have survived. What is left are now fighting for their lives, against the infected, or with eachother...

You were born some time ago, before the infection spread. Your father was:              ()- What I think each class should have. Do not
                                                                                                                                            Include in mod.   
A member of the Senate. (Easiest Start)
A Sergeant in the United States Army. (Best Fighting Class)
A Traveling business Man. (Start off with most money, but few skills)
A Leader of a small Gang. (Decent skills in fighting. Possibly starting with a few party members)
A Grocery Store Employee ( Starts off with some money but no bonuses to skills)
A Farm Hand. (Bad start, few skills and money. Possibly bonus with the Bennet Clan relations)
A Criminal. (Has a little faster speed then most classes, but starts with almost no money, bad relations with everyone.)

You started to learn about the world almost as soon as you could walk and talk. Your early life was:

A university student. (Increase in Intelligence)
A Scholarship Sports Player. (Increase Agility and Strength)
A Fast Food Employee (Small increase in Intelligence or Charisma)
A Talented Hunter (Increase in Charisma)
A Pick Pocketer (Increase in Charisma and small Agility, but harder to gain renown or something)

Only a week before the Infection spread, you were a:

C.I.A Agent (Increase in all stats by 1)
A Captain in the Army. (Increase in firearms and strength. and agility)
A notable Gang Member. ( Increase in some fighting things. Better relations with the small factions)
A Business Owner. (No Idea)
An Engineer (No Idea atm)

Well, guess it wasn't deleted after all. Work In Progress

Also, another small thing. When your in the city, doing the scavenging, will you implement a noise meter of some sort? Like if you fire a gun it would attract zombies? Making you need to use a silencer or a melee weapon.

@Sir_Don_Quixote, the intro will be quite different from native, I appreciate the ideas but in future pm stuff like that to me, it takes up a lot of room on the thread. There will be no noise meter as I dont think the time it would take to code it in would be worth it, it would take quite a while. I may make it so that if the player is crouched then they are able to walk closer to zombies without getting "spotted/heard" but I am not definite about this.

Lengua Muerta has been helping me come up with ideas for the intro, I have quite a few good ideas about questions  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom