Mailman's modding hypotenuse

Users who are viewing this thread

As do we all!

However I have one request: Make it so that they cannot be fired from horseback. If possible make that for every gun except the pistols.

Firing from horseback is banned in the linebattles, and it is hard to police and keep certain regimental players on both sides from doing it. Taking the ability away altogether would make it simpler, better and more fun for all concerned.

Just watch the latest chadman video for proof of certain regimental players firing from horseback every round.

Please Mailman, we ask of you!!

LucasAvis said:
As do we all!

However I have one request: Make it so that they cannot be fired from horseback. If possible make that for every gun except the pistols.

Firing from horseback is banned in the linebattles, and it is hard to police and keep certain regimental players on both sides from doing it. Taking the ability away altogether would make it simpler, better and more fun for all concerned.

Just watch the latest chadman video for proof of certain regimental players firing from horseback every round.

Please Mailman, we ask of you!!

Your opinion might be in the minority. The previous patch, 4.03 had exactly what your asking and it proved to be very unpopular.

If you de-crease the accuracy while riding wouldn't that even things out? I mean the chance you hit someone with the current accuracy is already low but if you even decrease it more it shouldn't really cause much prblems. + increase horse speed of the general staff  my flag career is at draf when he's at full speed.

Bacon169 said:
If you de-crease the accuracy while riding wouldn't that even things out? I mean the chance you hit someone with the current accuracy is already low but if you even decrease it more it shouldn't really cause much prblems. + increase horse speed of the general staff  my flag career is at draf when he's at full speed.

The infantry will still whine. And then we will have to join them in whining. Decreasing accuracy by a crap ton unless you are standing still might work but again, infantry will qq.
I mean, you could always just let us fire from horseback regardless...

Mailman653 said:
Your opinion might be in the minority. The previous patch, 4.03 had exactly what your asking and it proved to be very unpopular.

Hmmm no one wants it disabled for pubby play, which is fair enough. But for LB's we have are meant to follow the linebattle rules. Several people I could name, who Voodoo and myself is taking care of, seem incapable of not firing from horseback. The only alternative would be to start banning certain  players from the linebattles for at least a month. And no one would want that either.

Is there any way to disable it with certain conditions then? Like during a "Battle" which I have not seen being played on pubby. Or something to that effect? IE so it only triggers during a LineBattle.

Accuracy while riding is pretty bad, the reticule is huge and I'd be surprised if you can hit anything. The weapon values only have one value for accuracy, therefore by reducing the accuracy you effect both on foot and on horseback accuracy.

The horses have been given a speed  boost for a future patch, but I can't give an ETA on that patch.

Hmm I thought Shooting on horseback was dependant on a Character Skill? Horse Archery or some such? Could just reduce that for Cav

Mailman653 said:
The horses have been given a speed  boost for a future patch, but I can't give an ETA on that patch.

Are you going to adjust the stats for Cavalry troops at all? As it stands, the advantage Union cavalry have in melee is disproportionate to the advantage that Confederate cavalry have when shooting. By this, I mean that US Cav are better.

Another question: What advantage is there in taking a carbine besides the Sharps, exactly? The only advantage that I can see in taking the Burnside or Smith carbine is that they have a higher shot speed, but I don't see why they would be a better choice when the Sharps is the most accurate.

LucasAvis said:
Hmm I thought Shooting on horseback was dependant on a Character Skill? Horse Archery or some such? Could just reduce that for Cav

The horse archery skill for all Cav units is currently zero. It doesn't dictate your crossbow skill on horseback, it only reduces the penalty to that skill.

As for being able to shoot on horseback: I'd like to be able to shoot as much as I'd like, but I'm willing to settle for only being able to shoot at people on horses.

Back
Top Bottom