Blade polishing thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Because I'm a busy boy. Will take pictures at leisure.

VcX52n0.jpg

Yes, but when speaking about nationalities I am most sure that the Austrians wish to be called after their name.
Much like how many Germans like to be called after their regional names, not just German.

Gestricius said:
Maximillian I was actually Austrian, so...  :wink:

You know, not to sound hitlerious but there's absolutely nothing that makes Austria any different from other German places with strong local culture like Bayern and Saxony. Bavaria, if independent, would be more ungerman than Austria. :lol:

Eктωρ said:
Gestricius said:
Maximillian I was actually Austrian, so...  :wink:

You know, not to sound hitlerious but there's absolutely nothing that makes Austria any different from other German places with strong local culture like Bayern and Saxony. Bavaria, if independent, would be more ungerman than Austria. :lol:
When the Austro-Hungarian Empire split up in 1918-1919 it was proposed that Austria would join Germany but it was rejected by the Entente.  Roughly at the same time, Bavaria started its seccession movement. The thing with Austrians and Bavarians is that they share dialects, share more culture than just Austria and Germany. Besides, what Germans (beside the Bavarians) like Bavarians anyway? ("Ugh, Berlin is so gray, you should see Bavaria with its green fields, pre-alps and the white churches")

Fascinating. Looks like a Napoleonic era naval dirk with a Japanese styled blade. I once had something similar in spirit. Was something akin to a cavalry saber hilt with a Katana blade. Hybrid-style blades like that were popular in Japan during the late 19th to early 20th century. During the period when Japan was still very western oriented.

Have a sword I made with the oversight of a bladesmith a spear I had commissioned for my birthday and a bow a friend's father gave me.

Back
Top Bottom