Gloria Victis

Users who are viewing this thread

The Sword Of God

Sergeant at Arms
Guys I recently bump into this game.

www.gloriavictisgame.com

And I am really excited about the features.
Low fantasy, realistic medieval game they call.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gloria+victis+game

Here you can check 3 diary videos.

I was wondering if someone from Taleworlds go talk with them and they collabrate a Mount&Blade MMO. Because that is what the whole world needs, seriously.

Some messages from the Game Developers;

Jogobogos said:
Welcome, dear spectators!
The time has come to begin the long awaited Knight Tournament! All the brave contestants have gathered on the arena before the king himself and his ladies. They will spill the blood for the title of the bravest and fittest knight of the whole Kingdom! Today we will see the fight between the three most skilled warriors from the Kingdom of Nadra. They say they are called: Roderick of Edynbergen, Mahnahmuhnah of Ortos and Dahrrr of Arbaden
The video will present the solution and first tests of the PvP system on the arena created especially for that purpose. You can also see blow sequences and combos used by the fighters during the tournament. And don't forget the lively audience!
In the incoming updates we'll show you the how the combos work in more detail

http://youtu.be/S9G778yKEFE

Today we'd like to announce that we have received an official support from Steffen Ruehl responsible for the plot in Gothic 1 and Kai Rosenkranz who was the sound engineer and composer for Gothic 1-3 and Risen. We've began the cooperation with their company "Nevigo" in connection to the plot and database solutions called Articy:draft.

In addition we have added pre-alpha keys to our awards!
If you make a sufficient plegde you will be granted access to the pre-alpha version of the game. Your adventure will begin around three months after the end of the Kickstarter campaign. Additionally, you will be given access to our private testing forum where you will be able to directly influence the development of the game.
We would like to announce you to our reference system!
Reference was made to the system by which you will be rewarded for helping us promote our project! If you introduce someone to our Kickstarter campaign and they decide to back us, then you will receive Amber Points equal to half of the amount of their donation. Just make sure that your friends send us a message telling us who referred them. The maximum Amber Points you can receive for a single reference is equal to the number of points you received from your donation.
For example, if you made a donation of £55 and are set to receive 300 Amber Points then this is the maximum amount you can gain from a single reference.
Kickstarter provides us information of how a person came across the page so if you manage to spread the word around on some forums then we can arrange the reward for anyone who donates through that kind of reference.
Help us make the world know about our game!

Jogobogos said:
Hello Guys.
My name is Jan Grochowski, I am one of developers from Gloria Victis game.
We recently saw that a few people from your forum gave us a back at our Kickstarter.
Just wanted to officialy say that we are very thankfull for it!

If you want to ask any question, feel free to do it.
Dahrrr said:
Welcome!

I'm writing to you asking for supporting Gloria Victis project. It is a MMORPG game placed in the Middle Ages. We are creating it for almost a year. We were able to push through the legal obstructions and start on Kickstarter. We are touching difficult subjects in game's story. The game is directed to you, fans of history and Middle Ages. Please help us popularize and finance the project, without this there is no chance to appear and grow.
Send it to your friends, preferably of different nationalities.
Here is the link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1688404825/gloria-victis-dark-medieval-mmorpg

Best regards,
Bartłomiej Galas
Black Eye Games Director.

5.jpg

2.jpg
Jogobogos said:
Update #5 - Crafting - How to make beer!

Crafting in Gloria Victis is divided into 10 crafts and player will be able to use only two of them simultaneously. This limit is introduced to stimulate trading among craftsmen and encourage them to join craftsmanship guilds.

What benefits you will gain after joining craftsmanship guild ?

The beer, as you probably know, is the product of fermentation of malt mixture (most often barley), water, hop and yeast. Hmm, for sure ?

For more info check our kickstarter!

Crafing%205.jpg
Jogobogos said:
Update #7 Housing system and PvP tournament announcement!

In the next Kickstarter update of Gloria Victis we'd like to present you one of the prizes in more detail. That prize is the in-game house. The most prestigious reward you can recei
ve for backing our project is so called non-instanced house. That means it will be placed on the game's main map, signed with your name and unavailable for other players.
The normal housing system, available to all players, is based on instanced locations. Players will be able to furnish it, buy crafting equipment for it, as well as plant a garden around it with herbs and grain. Other players can be invited inside as well!

We are in the process of organising a tournament for your entertainment. As soon as the Knights arrive we will be ready to show you some blood!

2.png

Cool, I thought Etherfields looked quite good and then they shut it down, so this revival is welcome. :smile:

I tried Ether Fields back when it was still in development, and I guess I kinda liked the style they were going for but it kinda felt like it was going to be like... Any other MMO.

The Sword Of God said:
Low fantasy, realistic medieval game they call.
At first I liked the idea of low key magic/fantasy based on history and:

"the world of Middle Ages, in which magic is not a common tool but rather serves as elite force – its concept is based on the real world rites and beliefs of those times"

But then I see a leprechaun, devourer, flayer, walking dead - all fantasy creatures. That's not the Middle Ages  :neutral:

Radalan said:
Yeh, low fantasy. Not low on fantasy.  :razz:

Man, my definition was always based on where the fantasy was set. But lots of people define it differently, so I always get confused. What makes this low fantasy and not high fantasy?

Devercia said:
Adorno said:
all fantasy creatures. That's not the Middle Ages  :neutral:

Huh!? What!?
You got me there.  :lol:
But the creatures of Bosch and other artists at that time are mostly (if not completely) symbolical.
For example death portrayed as a skeleton was normal, but didn't mean people expected to see a skeleton on their deathbed.
I had hoped for moderate folklore: witches, curses, sorcery... things people actually believed.
Not zombies and strange monsters.

Low fantasy should only hint at fantasy with the supernatural being something obscure to the characters therein. However, some people use it as a buzzword to attract people that agree with my assessment, with the argument that as long as they aren't walking through interdimensional gates at every turn, its low fantasy.  :mad:

Devercia said:
Low fantasy should only hint at fantasy with the supernatural being something obscure to the characters therein. However, some people use it as a buzzword to attract people that agree with my assessment, with the argument that as long as they aren't walking through interdimensional gates at every turn, its low fantasy.  :mad:

Well, I always took it as "Low Fantasy = Earth" and "High Fantasy = Other world". Though I guess that makes it interesting to define Middle-Earth related works.  :???:

's exactly what I thought after seeing the video.
Actually, I thought it was going to be something like Risen at first. That it's a MMO I only learned after skimming through this thread and I immediately lost interest.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1688404825/gloria-victis-dark-medieval-mmorpg

The most awkward Kickstart video ever made. I had to mute it to be able to watch.
But the list of features looks interesting and it's not too expensive to get into the alpha/beta.

The video is very long and the poor lady has a quite soft voice, it lacks impact. I put it in my KS favs, no pledge so far. (I might, but the UK projects on KS can't be backed with Amazon payments and I'm lazy to go find my card. :/)

Hello Guys.
My name is Jan Grochowski, I am one of developers from Gloria Victis game.
We recently saw that a few people from your forum gave us a back at our Kickstarter.
Just wanted to officialy say that we are very thankfull for it!

If you want to ask any question, feel free to do it.

Back
Top Bottom