The official Goodbye thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hadn't spoken to him for quite a while and found myself wondering how he was doing just a few days ago. Not a hair on my head that expected he had passed already... He reminded me in a way of the Guthred character in Cornwell's Saxon Chronicles.

"'He rather liked me', Guthred said, and I found that believable. Because Guthred was so very likeable. He faced each day as though it would bring nothing but happiness, and in his company life somehow seemed brighter." (p. 51)

So too Stephan was an unbelievably amiable fellow whose enthusiasm and courage was an inspiration to all. He will be sorely missed.

This is terrible. My condolences to his friends and family.

I didn't know him well but I had a high opinion of him from our interactions in the game and the forums. He struck me as kind and a fun guy to have around. Sad to see him go so soon.

That's terrible, ****. He was such a nice fellow. What hits me the harder is the fact his child had just been born. That's ****ing awful, damn. :sad:

The world has become a darker place now that the bright light Hengist has always radiated has faded away. Hengist's departure is a tragedy. What has happened leaves me deeply saddened. Sad and angry. It is so unspeakably unfair. His life had only just begun. How are we supposed to accept this? His time had not come yet. How can the world be so incredibly cruel?
I only had the chance to talk to him on few occasions, but it was enough to experience his incredibly amiable nature. I have seldom met such a balanced and utterly kind soul. The thought that he has gone forever seems just unreal to me. Everything feels so numb now.
And to know that not only a great friend was lost but that his parents have lost their son, his brother his brother, his wife her husband and even his little daughter her father breaks my heart. I wish his loved ones the strength to overcome this darkest of times and that they do not lose hope. From the bottom of my heart I wish them all the best.

Danke, dass ich dich kennen lernen durfte, Stephan. Ich hoffe, du hast Frieden gefunden, wo immer du jetzt auch bist. Leb wohl!

3-4jd.png

Rule zum Rabensang said:
Close to shedding tears right now.
I thought I could hold them back but when I listened to Goodbye, Dear Friend, after Leifr had posted it, it was just too much for me.

I only knew him by the reputation, but it still pains me to hear of the loss of someone so many held with such esteem. My condolences.

So sad to hear about Hengist. He was a great guy who never had a bad word to say about anybody. I didn't know him half as well as some of the folks here, but I know that the world is a poorer place for his passing, and that his friends here will miss him greatly.

Oh that's a terrible news! I never got around to talking to Hengist much, but from what little I knew of him he was a cool dude. Shame we had to lose such a nice and mellow fellow. RIP mate.

I've only just been informed of of Stephan's untimely passing, and though they'll probably never read it my thoughts are with his family. He was a lovely guy, I'd spoke to him every now and then since the Warband beta and it always struck me just how amicable he was, there was never anything malicious about him or his character, not even a hint of it.

It's a strange feeling to find out that someone you've never met before, and instead have only talked to through teamspeak or just on this forum, has passed away, it seems like a different kind of sadness, ineffable in a sense. I'm not pretending I knew him too well, though I over the years I have classed him as a friend and he is one of the people I think of when looking back at my time spent playing Warband or on this forum and that makes me happy. I hope you've found peace, Stephan.

We had some very interesting and really funny discussions around stuff like parenting, home ownership and stuff like that. We had very similar views on the whole day role, and we're equally lazy about crap like mowing the lawn and other boring house chores. As ****ty as it feels for us I can't begin to imagine how absolutely wrecked his wife must beright now. Also feels unfair as **** that his little girl won't even really remember what an awesome guy her dad was.

Back
Top Bottom