EUA Maps Previews & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

GameDecider

Sergeant
Diagrams and Bird's-eye view of various EUA maps. Preview our maps before release and help make them better by making suggestions as to what you want to see in them.

Roleplay Maps
Map #1 (Land of the Damned) - Mapper Eskalior
birdeyevieweskmap.png

Map #2 (Normandy) - Mapper Av3ng3r
avengermap.png

Map #3 - Mapper Apiks

Event Maps

Shield Wall - Av3ng3r
Maze - Apiks

Less foilage for not-so-powerful rigs, if people aren't having a problem with that many trees etc, might want to cut down on the foilage on that one side and mix and match with the other so the desert doesn't look so desolate and lifeless.

That's my two pennies :smile: nice layout though ^^

The map is still not finished yet. I plan to add some things to the desert so it doesnt look like wasted space. The trees dont cause lags so i dont want to remove some of them because the forest is nice for sudden attacks.

But still, the big empty places on the map will get filled with interesting stuff in the next updates.

uniyubi said:
Less foilage for not-so-powerful rigs, if people aren't having a problem with that many trees etc, might want to cut down on the foilage on that one side and mix and match with the other so the desert doesn't look so desolate and lifeless.

The Island of the Damned runs lagg free since most of the tress are non PW trees (however PW trees near towns/cities). Over 60 fps for most (people we've asked). Also last time I checked deserts were desolate and lifeless, out there to claim lives :grin: - however we're working on it!

GameDecider said:
uniyubi said:

The Island of the Damned runs lagg free since most of the tress are non PW trees (however PW trees near towns/cities). Over 60 fps for most (people we've asked). Also last time I checked deserts were desolate and lifeless, out there to claim lives :grin: - however we're working on it!

You know what I meant, it looks empty, stick some palm trees in with an oasis and voila!

uniyubi said:
You know what I meant, it looks empty.

Well I had 2 days time to create the whole map. I concentrated on the most important things like castles and towns. Thats why other stuff will be implemented in future updates.

I would appreciate any suggestions in this topic.

Eskalior said:
uniyubi said:
You know what I meant, it looks empty.

Well I had 2 days time to create the whole map. I concentrated on the most important things like castles and towns. Thats why other stuff will be implemented in future updates.

I would appreciate any suggestions in this topic.

what I said sounded horrid almost offensive which wasn't my intension so I edited :razz:

uniyubi said:
GameDecider said:
uniyubi said:

You know what I meant, it looks empty, stick some palm trees in with an oasis and voila!

I think some skeletons scattered around these palm trees will do the trick. Another idea is that we reduce the size of the desert and then add an island with a fourth castle...
Edit - No hard feelings - we took a chill pill before coming on the forums. :grin:

GameDecider said:
uniyubi said:
GameDecider said:
uniyubi said:

I think some skeletons scattered around these palm trees will do the trick. Another idea is that we reduce the size of the desert and then add an island with a fourth castle...

just erase every prop in the desert and make a lemon farm

GameDecider said:

Some skeletons around palms wont fill up the desert. Well a fourth castle would be too much, it might cause server lags and it dont fits in the new system in my opinion.

I have plans for the desert. Be patient and let me surprise you.
Nevertheless you can give me suggestions.

Eskalior said:
GameDecider said:

Some skeletons around palms wont fill up the desert. Well a fourth castle would be too much, it might cause server lags and it dont fits in the new system in my opinion.

You were indeed smart to edit your last comment :razz:, anyhow, will be keeping an eye on this project, high hopes. Good luck :smile:

uniyubi said:
Eskalior said:
GameDecider said:

You were indeed smart to edit your last comment :razz:, anyhow, will be keeping an eye on this project, high hopes. Good luck :smile:
That could have been a car crash!

You could probably use more than one salt mine, given how it is a truly minor ressource that is however commonly needed.

What I mean to say is: you would need dozens of serfs to keep this economy going if ressources remain this scarce.

Though I wouldn't know how willing to work people are by now, I haven't been on PW for months.

Serann said:
You could probably use more than one salt mine, given how it is a truly minor ressource that is however commonly needed.

What I mean to say is: you would need dozens of serfs to keep this economy going if ressources remain this scarce.

Though I wouldn't know how willing to work people are by now, I haven't been on PW for months.

We encourage serfs to learn how to craft and cook in the Kindergarden, then in the world we encourage factions to use their advantages. The towns are the economic centers where you can make much more money then if you were to sell/craft in castles. Serfs can make rather a lot of money and since we do not hand out refunds for resets/crashes/randoming - as there is no such thing at the moment - there is no unbalance in the economy and all the money comes from the players work.

Wouldnt it make more sense to make more money via castle crafting so that there is motivation to do it and it's not just we do it because we have to

hirovard said:
Wouldnt it make more sense to make more money via castle crafting so that there is motivation to do it and it's not just we do it because we have to
Crafting weapons is still centered around castles but food and clothing, iron and wood no, you will have to buy it from towns and transport it to the castle. There are still points to buy and sell them in your castle but you will have to plan more strategically to win a war or even make money as a faction.

Also towns become just as important (in their own way) as castles, if a town comes under attack by a faction maybe another faction will step in and help creating an economic tie.. Just helps create a more interesting experiences that we've not really so much of recently.
-Also towns have their own traits not all are good for selling a particular item so traveling is dangerous but rewarding.

BTW There is a second salt mine. In the Oldport-Town, its in the water. Decider forgot to add it.
I will now work on another Update because I've found some important bugs. Also I will add the second Outlaw camp..

Castles are way too huge scaled. It looks like someone had buildt a lot of wall and then everyone left and only a keep and one house for weapons was buildt in the massive yards.

Build walls around central buildings, not buildings (and training spots etc.) inside walls.

Back
Top Bottom