What made you awestruck or astonished today?

Users who are viewing this thread

So apparantly I'm a good enough fencer that NCAA Div II and III trying to recruit me, and even the fencing coach of St. Andrews in Scotland sent me an email. Div I is still wayyyyy out of my reach.

So exposing food to radiation on purpose to kill germs and preserve it for longer (especially meat) it apparently a legal thing and done regularly in the US.
Wow.

Not saying "YOU'LL ALL DIE OF CANCER TOMORROW!" or anything but the idea is just... so utterly incredibly outlandish to me.
Oh yeah, in the EU it's allowed for "dried aromatic herbs, spices and vegetable seasonings". Wow.

Wellenbrecher said:
So exposing food to radiation on purpose to kill germs and preserve it for longer (especially meat) it apparently a legal thing and done regularly in the US.
Wow.

Not saying "YOU'LL ALL DIE OF CANCER TOMORROW!" or anything but the idea is just... so utterly incredibly outlandish to me.
Oh yeah, in the EU it's allowed for "dried aromatic herbs, spices and vegetable seasonings". Wow.

Good thing that microwaves don't do the sa- Oh.

As long as it's not metal or stone it's not going to emit that radiation again. And did they say what type of radiation it was?
See what you mean though, given how scary that sounds at face value, I'm surprised i haven't heard my local anti-nuclear man mention it.

Edit: i keep getting ninja'd without notifications. Makes sense, i suppose.

Wellenbrecher said:
Wow.

And did you know they use LASERS to fix eye problems? I mean, I don't know anything about the subject but it sure sounds bad huh?

That sounds way more condescending and dickish than I intended. Sorry 'bout that.

Not only that, but I myself am applaud to hear that electromagnetic radiation is also legal (almost?) universally everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom