[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons some other mods were not as fun was because the guns were to accurate and the maps were small.
I know rifles are accurate but there needs to be something stopping people from going out into the field and shooting 5 people from 50 yards away within 20 seconds. Jamming for rifles would be nice, so no one can go ham bone on everyone. Reload speed needs to be realistic but it would be great if sometimes your player "messed up" maybe trying to load a few rounds in his rifle he drops a few rounds on accident.
If your gun could break from you blocking with it or it being shot, that would be great.
1 last thing, machine gun should not have good accuracy at long range, just please no.
Is this stuff possible in Iron Europe?

Everything possible with enough coding.  :grin:  its just a matter of whether of not the developers of the mod are willing to.

Copy paste from FSE.

Hey guys, sorry, I've been on a trip for a while. It is very expensive to get on the internet and some sites I need are blocked where I am. So the update I meant to release last week still can't be released. Hang on a bit longer.

Rigadoon?  Is there going to be any fixes done to the AI, as I have played many mods with similar concpts, and have found that the AI turn the battle into a cluster****.  I have seen it work if the two teams spawnpoints are across the map from each other.But I have seen mods with trench warfare that was practically broken.  With enemy AI randomly spawning everywhere.  (in no mans land, and even in their enemies trenches.  Even if the spawns went well, the AI would just charge helter skelter towards each other. =P  I was hoping that this mod might improve on that?  if not Im still psyched for the mod to come out =D

Update #18 Officer Equipment
Sorry for the long wait. Due to poor internet on a trip, I couldn't post the update until now. Here's some officer binoculars and whistles that will be in-game soon. This is a sort of filler update
to give you guys something to look at while we work on a larger update which is already mostly done.

First of, Colmont Paris M.G. 1900 binoculars for the French and Feldglas 08 binoculars for the Germans. Modeled by Bsnott and textured by Rigadoon.
feldglas08_zps0cbc8475.png

colmontparis1900_zps0ba0239f.png

And a whistle. Modeled by Bsnott and textured by Rigadoon.
whistlr_zps53c13730.png

Finally, a somewhat related field phone scene prop. Modeled by Hudson and textured by Baillie.
fieldphone_zpse23b22b9.png

We are still working on getting a gameplay video out and I believe we're getting fairly close. Again, I hope to get another update out sooner than usual, for you guys to enjoy. Modding is a really slow process and we thank those that have continued to follow and support us over all this time.

Rigadoon,you are so cool :grin: You said Secession is better for ACW but you are making a WW1 mod for NW module :grin: (this is not an offense,just wanted you to see that point :smile: )

Edit: It is a great mod. :smile:

Murat ÖZCAN said:
Rigadoon,you are so cool :grin: You said Secession is better for ACW but you are making a WW1 mod for NW module :grin: (this is not an offense,just wanted you to see that point :smile: )

Edit: It is a great mod. :smile:

What? I just said that I enjoy Secession more than N&S, what does that have to with whether this mod is being developed for Native or NW? I'm sorry but that's a silly point. Thanks for the compliment though.  :wink:

Rigadoon said:
Murat ÖZCAN said:
Thinking of Line Battles with Native and thinking of ww1 with NW? Isn't this a paradox?

I don't think you know what a paradox is.

You can't win a discussion with such prejudgements, at least I have seen its lesson at my deparment in my university :grin: I mean their bases. Warband was created for sword battles,but NW was created for line battles. For example,you can't make a NW mod for COH. Also you can't make a ww2 mod for Total War. That is all.

Murat ÖZCAN said:
You can't win a discussion with such prejudgements, at least I have seen its lesson at my deparment in my university :grin: I mean their bases. Warband was created for sword battles,but NW was created for line battles. For example,you can't make a NW mod for COH. Also you can't make a ww2 mod for Total War. That is all.
You have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea what you are talking about. :evil:

Murat ÖZCAN said:
Rigadoon said:
Murat ÖZCAN said:
Thinking of Line Battles with Native and thinking of ww1 with NW? Isn't this a paradox?

I don't think you know what a paradox is.

WWI doesn't fit into either sword battles or line battles but it's closer to line battles so I don't see why there is anything strange with IE being developed for NW. Besides, the whole thing doesn't make sense from the beginning since the base of NW is Warband. Just because I enjoy Secession more than N&S doesn't mean that I think Native is a superior base for line battles than NW. Even if what you said made sense, there's no paradox going on. If you're going to take a subtle jab at me (I mean seriously, you started your post with 'Rigadoon, you are so cool :grin:', ended it with 'this is not an offense,just wanted you to see that point' and even added an edit saying 'It is a great mod.'), think it through better.

"You are so cool" was just an irony :grin: If you say the base of NW and Warband is the same with Warband how N&S can't be made better than Secession? I just meant instead of dividing civil war fans into 2 groups,we can get together and make N&S better. I think you guys have different values from us (N&S lovers) to think about a mod :grin: Good luck with ww1 line battles :grin: (just kidding)

5arge said:
Murat ÖZCAN said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea what you are talking about. :evil:

But he looks like he has idea about what I am talking about :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom