Medieval EU Roleplay

Users who are viewing this thread

pouchey2

Recruit
Hello and WELCOME to the Medieval EU RolePlay Thread!

We wish you joy on the forums, but note, accept these rules:

1.NO spamming!

2.Only Submit posts that rely on the topic!

3.Overall behave!

We are using a custom map called the Adventures Of Ascalon, made by our very own team member, Marshall Highrise.

A link to some pictures of our map is here : http://medievalrp.createaforum.com/main-category/adventures_of_ascalon/

The Story Of Ascalon holds the basis to the map, the mysterious statues and stones, the towering towers (xD) and the many abandoned castles.
The Story becomes in the eyes of a peasant.

Once again, there is a land far away, called Ascalon. A peasant is beginning his daily work on the fields, in the fields of Bastrus. As the peasant came to his farms, he sees his friend, Joe.
»Hail, Joe, what brings you here, so far away from your bakery? «
»Ah, hail Erik. I'm here because someone forgot to send me the wheat. « said Joe.
»Oh, the wheat, well, that's none of my businesses. I will go to my farm now, I need to get some Denars for  my family.« Said Erik sadly.

As Joe left, and Erik went to his fields, everything was how it always has been. Right before it was time for Erik to go back home, he started to hear weird noises around him. Some birds flew off in one big group. Wondering what happened; Erik decided forget about it, so he took his Scythe and moved home. On the way home, the voice appeared again, but now they were a lot louder than before.

»What is going on here? « Said Erik.
»What are these weird noises around me? «.  Stressed out from work, he forgot about the noises that are getting louder and louder, took his Scythe again and continued walking.

A couple minutes later, the noises came back, but now, something was changing. All of a sudden, the floor beneath Erik started to move. In fear, Erik ran as fast as he could, but fell shortly after. The earth was moving and opening, sucking Erik inside. With a last scream, Erik was gone.

At the same time, far away, somewhere hidden in the mountains, lived the last master smith who knew the secret and had the skill to smith the armor of kings.  After he was forced to make armor for the legion, he decided to move away from civilization out of fear for one of the local Lords slaying him, for that he took some armor for himself. Though living in the mountains is harsh and lonely, he took to the one love in life he had left to pass the time. Smithing. Rumors tell that the master smith had a secret, a secret of seeing in the future.

While the old man was in his hut, the weird noises started to shake his surroundings. All the cups and tools fell off the shelf’s, the chairs fell back, and the old man spilled tea on his arm. Holding his arm, where the hot tea fell on, he said:
“What is going on here? Is the Legion testing out the new weapons, which shoot rounded rocks?” Confused by what happened, he went out of his hut, only to see how the castles are falling apart, to see how the earth is opening and cracking. The view was horrible. The old man saw, how the regions of Ascalon began to fall apart. The old man was standing there, speechless. He let go of the cup that he held in his hand. Shortly after, another earthquake made him to fall on his knees.

“So, it has begun.” Said the old man and returned into his hut.

In the whole Ascalon, screams were heard from young and old, from men and women. The Soldiers from all over Ascalon geared up and took their weapons, ready to attack the unknown. It was all for nothing.  The earth beneath the castles cracked and opened. The entire castles fell in the unknown, flooded by water. All the treasures that were in the cities and castles just a day ago were gone, almost all the people from Ascalon were dead, sucked in the earth. Four days after the Great split, the earth started moving, leaving behind a destroyed land, full of ruins, and sorrow.
A couple days later, soldiers from other lands came to the ruined Ascalon. There, they started a new colony, they took the supplies that they were able to take, and started rebuilding. They were able to save parts of some castles, and some armor that was left in the armories. Slowly, the new region of Ascalon is coming. Still, there are a lot of things, that couldn’t be saved. Ruins, that were flooded by water, are now at the bottom of the sea.

The Scythe , that Erik had with him, was found near the water, and was taken to the village nearby.
Now, travelers across the World are visiting Ascalon, in the hope of starting a new life, in the mysterious lands of Ascalon.

We hold a 35 slot Teamspeak server at  85.236.109.28:11577

We Also Hold Our Forums At http://medievalrp.createaforum.com/index.php

The Admin Team Currently Stands At:
Owner: Kjeld_the_[insert random suffix name here]

Dev. Admin: Marshal_Highrise

Admins:  Ryzen_The_Harbinger, Sir_Poochy, Vladimir_Ilyich_Lenin

pouchey2 said:
We are using a custom map called the Adventures Of Ascalon, made by our very own team member, Marshall Highrise.

Armie_knock said:
No offence, but is this a sever or what? Would be nice if you could point that out in the OP. :]

It's a server, unless if this thread is meant for roleplay based on the scene.

Just checked the website, it's indeed a server. Still, for the lazy people, you should add it in the OP ;}

The website looks...amazing. I don't know why, but it gave me an impression about perfectsionism, just as the thread gave (except the server thing). Maybe it's because it's so simple. No fancy layout, no walls of text etc.

Anyways, i couldn't find the rules for the server, where can one find them?

http://medievalrp.createaforum.com/main-category/gameplay-rules-and-guidelines/msg15/?PHPSESSID=87a2403598d71dfc247e762c10029d50#new

Or for the lazy people  :wink:

Here are some rules and additions to rules which we enforce:

Do not metagame:
- If you need to know what metagaming is you have not read the guide from the link I posted above. Now go on and read it already...
- Please notice that even when your faction and another faction are at war, you still have no way of identifying an enemy if he isn't wearing heraldic armor or a shield.
- If you have trouble following the metagaming rule; consider turning off names, factions or both by toggling it in the action menu that shows when holding C.

New Life Rule (NLR):
- Also covered in that guide. In short; Your character knows nothing what happened before the last time he spawned.
- When you spawn you are a new person. Everything that happens afterwards falls under the metagaming rule.

Use your words:
- Always talk before attacking a person.
- Be patient... if a person stopped when you halted them but isn't responding, then he is probably still typing. Counting down is not a way to bypass this rule. 5...4...3...2...1... temp ban.
- If you are in a group and one of it's members is attacked you are allowed to join the fight, but only if your character witnessed the assault on your friend.
- If you are in a group and one of you is provoking a fight, you can help in the fight but only after one of the talking people has or was attacked first.
- If however you see a person in combat with another person without knowing what is going on, you have to tell them to stop and warn them if they don't before you jump into the fight.
-If someone is trying to surrender (dropping/sheating weapons, blocking with his bare fists, etc.) then consider accepting the surrender instead of just killing them anyways.

Factions:
- Factions can form and break alliances and become each others vassal at will. This does not apply to commoners and outlaws.
- Factions that enter an alliance need to show this by adding //A: "Ally factions initials". This alerts other factions that they can expect war with both factions if provoking one. For example: "Nord Raiders" and "Vaegir Nobleman" enter into an alliance. New names: "Nord Raiders //A: VN" & "Vaegir Nobleman //A: NR"
- Factions can swear loyalty to another faction as well. In this case the faction that has sworn loyalty becomes a vassal. Only the Vassal has to show this in his name by adding //V: "New Lord's faction name"
- You can become a vassal for money (Mercenary Faction) or to avoid war when a bigger more powerful faction threathens you.

Robbing and Taxing:
- All factions can tax up to 500 gold coins.
- Outlaws are an exception which can rob up to 1000 gold coins.

Commoners:
- Commoners are commoners. They can not ally any factions and they can not fight for other factions without joining said faction.
- Commoners are allowed to get a working contract with other factions as long as it doesn't involve becoming directly involved in a battle.
- This includes engineering and healing during sieges as long as they don't engage the enemy and evacuate the frontline after their work is done.

Outlaws:
- Outlaws follow the same rules as commoners in that they can not ally any factions and they can not fight for other factions without joining said faction.
- They are allowed rob up to 1000 gold coins.

War:
- If you want to declare war as a faction you need have your soldiers inside your own or an allied factions lands.
- You need to declare a reason for war in general chat once, stating your factions name and the enemies faction name.
- No waiting time; the time you get to prepare your castle for a siege or your men for a war is the time it takes the enemy to get from their castle to yours.
- Don't spawnkill. Give people who have died in a siege a chance to leave the castle.
- If you want to stay and fight then don't start complaining about being spawnkilled the moment you die, either. You leave the castle and possibly the faction. If you stay and enter the keep, you only have yourself to blame if you get killed again.

Assassinations:
- You can only put a bounty on a persons head if you have a good roleplaying reason.
- The person giving the contract needs to contact an admin with the reason and wait for his approval.
- The reason for an assassination can't conflict with any of other rules.
- After a contract is completed you have to say *Contract Completed* in general and admin chat.
- Do not announce an assassination beforehand! That would be like notifying people that you are dangerous.
- If there is no admin online however then sadly you have to announce it in general chat, regardless.
- Players from every faction can sell themselves as assassins.

Misc:
- Don't random deathmatch, saying it's okay because you know the other guy when the admin shows up. Breaking the rules is never okay.

Admins:
- Every rule that applies for the other players, counts double for us. We are here to set an example.
- Don't spawn items or money for roleplaying. You didn't get admin powers to have an advantage over other players.
- Events can be done whenever you feel like it. Try not to disturb the normal gameplay by doing to many events in too little time.
- You are allowed to roleplay when you aren't needed as an admin. Remember you are an admin first and a player second.

Haha, thanks guys. I'll try to get him to update it when he comes back online.

Also we already found another server using our map, though slightly modded: New_PW4_Server.

If the owner of that server is reading this; Please stop using our map. Marshal Highrise (The Creator) did not give you permission to use it!

Lol, Darrell? You nicked his map without asking? xD

I already spoke to him about it. He said he is okay with it as long as people ask him first.

As long as people know he is th one that made it, it's okay.

Ok. This server.
I can't find it...
Whatever i do in my server list.
I can't find it.
I know that sometimes the M&B versions sometimes don't allow you to see other versions server even if you have compatible with module/version unchecked.
Right now i'm on 1.153
I've been trying to find any latest patch but could'nt find any.

Armie_knock said:
Have you checked on the "empty list"? It might be dead.
Ouch!  :sad:

But yeah it is true. Sadly we just couldn't manage a steady playerbase. I know of several improvements that would help but apart from our mapper who is always busy with... well mapping, we sadly have gotten very little help from the rest of the admin team. I am too busy with college to do it all by myself.

So right now the server is still online, but likely inactive and I won't be investing much time in it right now.

I am still not sure if I want to give up on it this easily though...

Back
Top Bottom