Wheel of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Teofish said:
Men can't be raped. :razz:

Prisons would like to have a word with you.

Vieira said:
Depends which society. There isn't equality, per se, in his books. The genders, I think, are mostly balanced, in a way. Ie the whole thing that a female can't be the Dragon Reborn and that while men are much stronger than women with the power, they cannot form circles without the aid of a women, whereas women can form circles without men.

So it depends on which culture in the books where you can determine where women are superior. For example, Altara and Andor are both societies with female power. Whereas Tear and Illian are societies with male power.

Yes, that's true, and it occurred to me as I posted it.

:lol:
Also relevant: “The only rules he wanted to remember were "never kiss a girl whose brothers have knife scars" and "never gamble without knowning a back way out”

"Women are like goats. It's like . . . Well, reasoning with a woman is like sitting down to a friendly game of dice. Only the woman refuses to acknowledge the basic bloody rules of the game. A man, he'll cheat you - but he'll do it honestly. He'll use loaded dice, so that you think you're losing by chance. And if you aren't clever enough to spot what he's doing, then maybe he deserves to take your coin. And that's that. A woman, though, she'll sit down to that same game and she'll smile, and act like she's going to play. Only when it's her turn to throw, she'll toss a pair of her own dice that are blank on all six sides. Not a single pip showing. She'll inspect the throw, then she'll look up at you and say, 'clearly I just won.' Now, you'll scratch your head and look at the dice. Then you'll look up at her, then down at the dice again 'But there aren't any pips on these dice' you'll say." 'Yes there are,' she'll say. 'And both dice rolled a one.' 'That's exactly the number you need to win,' you'll say. 'What a coincidence,' she'll reply, then begin to scoop up your coins. And you'll sit there, trying to wrap your head 'bout what just happened. And you'll realise something. A pair of ones isn't the winning throw! Not when you threw a six on your turn. That means she needed a pair of twos instead! Excitedly you'll explain what you've discovered. Only then do you know what she'll do?" "No idea, Mat." "Then she'll reach over and rub the blank faces of her dice. And then, with a perfectly straight face, she'll say, 'I'm sorry. There was a spot of dirt on the dice. Clearly you'll see they actually came up as twos!' And she'll believe it. She'll bloody believe it!" "Incredible." "Only that's not the end of it!" "I had presumed it wouldn't be Mat." "She scoops up all of your coins. And then every other wonam in the room will come over and congratulate her on throwing that pair of twos! The more you complain, the more those bloody women will join in the argument. You'll be outnumbered in a moment, and each of those women will explain to you how those dice clearly read twos, and how you really need to stop behaving like a child. Every single flaming one of them will see the twos! even the prudish woman who has hated your woman from birth - since your woman's granny stole the other woman's granny's honeycake recipe when they were both maids - that woman will side against you." "They're nefarious creatures indeed." "By the time they're done, you'll be left with no coin, several lists worth of errands to run and what clothing to wear and a splitting headache. You'll sit there and stare at the table and begin to wonder, just maybe, if those dice didn't read twos after all. If only to preserve what's left of your sanity. That's what it's like to reason with a woman, I tell you."

God. I forgot all about reading the last book. I should probably go get it. Those fans on Taleworlds. Did you like the ending or am I going to be upset over it?

ejnomad said:
Did you like the ending or am I going to be upset over it?
You will like certain parts and be upset over certain parts of the ending. :razz:

I think we can all agree that it wasn't bad, as far as endings go. Whether it was actually good or not is up for debate.

I would say by virtue of it not being bad it was good. It's really, really hard to wrap up a large fantasy series once the ball is rolling and Jordan and Sanderson did, in my opinion, a great job in tying up the loose ends and not having some stupid ending like other series can be prone to.

"Do you recognize this?"” she said, fishing a leather cord from the neck of her dress.
His breath caught, and he stretched out a hand, brushed a finger across the heavy gold signet ring on the cord. Across the crane in flight. How had she come by this? Under the Light, how? “I recognize it,” he told her, his voice suddenly hoarse.

Dem heebie jeebies just reading the passage this belongs to over, out of context, on the internet.

[me=Vieira]shivers violently.[/me]

Easily one of my top 5 passages from the series.

Back
Top Bottom