A Semi-Historical Map (100 Years War)

Users who are viewing this thread

H.Arnim

Recruit
So here I am posting on the thread like I said I would. About 4+ months ago me and another person (I lack his mount and blade forums name) decided to make a map for PW. I was making one loosely based off Tamriel at the time and since I was a noobie it sucked. So after a while we came up with a good idea. Well he did, I mostly started working on the map. The 100 years war, where two sides must cross a large geographical barrier in order to conquer one another. Water dominates the map so it is he who controls the ships that controls the map. Simply put we had high ambitions but with one man trying to finish an entire map my morale dropped. To be precise the sheer amount of work just made me give up and quit. In fact there is still alot that must be done, I still need to make 3 more settlements (4 if you count the uncapturable starter town) and then I still need to add alot of stuff to the other ones.) To put this all simple I NEED TO DO WORK. But I do want to get the word out that I am making the map, and hopefully get a few people buzzed up so they can motivate me to finish (Pretty sad that I need motivation to finish lol. Anyways heres some screenshots at the current development.

London Castle
2vxrcpe.jpg

London Village
2qumalv.png

Gravesend and Sea Gate1
2m81i7r.png

Southampton & Isle of Wight 2 and 3
23ua5vb.png

Comments and Questions you will probably ask:

Q:Why the **** is there a sea gate?
A: While of course they probably didn't have a sea gate just chilling there near gravesend they definetly did have control over who entered and who exited which is why this had to be represented accordingly. Sadly the only thing I could think of was a sea gate.

Q: Why is the Isle of Wight connected to Southampton
A: I felt Southampton is important navally due to how it is an island and didn't want to exclude it (though maybe I should have), and as such I did include it and Southampton gets the benefit of having the strongest naval castle in England

Q: Why is the castle on the left greenish
A: I took the picture in edit mode and accidentally high lighted the castle so it looked green.

** (Asked Questions)

After a person asks a question I will post it here so I don't have to deal with repetition lol

A year ago, I did a historical campaign about the 100 years wars including, sea battle, landing and land battle

Please contact me so i can provide you ressources and discuss the concept on steam

Aldric said:
A year ago, I did a historical campaign about the 100 years wars including, sea battle, landing and land battle

Please contact me so i can provide you ressources and discuss the concept on steam

I try not to use steam. Please contact me via email:

I have my email posted on my profile

Frankvannorden said:
Well it looks good but that fog why the fog.
I think if you remove that it will be great :smile:

If I put no fog you could literally see right across the english channel and see france lol

(TWD)Tom said:
No, the fog adds a spooky overtone that makes it unique.

Why thank you I thought so to :grin:

Back
Top Bottom