Knights of Calradia Public Server Main Thread (NEW RULESET)

Users who are viewing this thread

fireheart

Our Aims for a Server
To Have a well run RP server with good admins
Provide players with a good, troll free environment
To have a well built, friendly community
Provide a well structured ruleset that doesn't impede the pw experience​

58195220.jpg

We currently have an official forum which contains all of our rules, community options, and subforums.
I'd encourage you to check it out.
http://knightsofcalradia.enjin.com/home

NEW RULESET
1. No griefing the spawn

2. Taxing is allowed, but not an absurd amount should be taxed. (ie: Don't tax someone for 50k)

3. No Randoming (This means killing people without reason or just because you feel like it. The reason to kill someone can be if you just want someone's stuff to something much more elaborate)

4. Respect other players out of character.

5. Faction wars may be declared diplomatically or undiplomatically. If declared diplomatically, the faction lord may declare the war whichever diplomatic way he wishes (Player's Choice).
If the war is declared undiplomatically (ie: ambush then start the war with the faction you ambush), as soon as the first attack begins or "the first arrow flys" war must be declared in faction administration.
- If a faction member attacks another faction without consent of the lord of his faction, the lord of the defending party may act however he wishes to the lord of the attacking member.

Serann said:
So, did I get this right?

You need to register on the website to view the rules?
Whew, you're really at it this morning Cathrine!

@fireheart, best of luck in your hopes to raise a roleplay server. If you have any questions or need advice, shoot me a message.

Serann said:

Yes, I made the forums a social site and you need to be a member to view all of the pages. It's a quick registration though

Good luck!

Edit: That rule set is atrocious. Server rules would be better off simpler, thus limiting the amount loopholes players find.

Serann said:

Don't take this offensively, but don't you have anything better to do than **** on peoples topics? Go make one yourself if you think you're that good.

Gladiator Maximus said:
Serann said:

Don't take this offensively, but don't you have anything better to do than **** on peoples topics? Go make one yourself if you think you're that good.

She is right on this point.
Having people to register to view rules will lead to a very small part of them actually simply reading the rules.

EDIT :

-No recruiting of pw players for factions in the game. ie: *Poster* Faction is RECRUITING.
-You cannot wear tags for other regiments, guilds, clans, etc... in the server.

-No metagaming at all (This is when a player says something that is IC in global chat. This
could involve telling people the location of a war party etc. You can only tell people the location
of a war party in local chat, to players near you. Doing this in global chat ruins RP and
reduces the quality of the gaming experience.)
-No Robbing unless you are part of the Outlaw Faction.
-Taxation can be done by having guards stationed on roads, bridges, or other areas near your faction's castle. The maximum taxation fee is 500 gold, if a player does not pay a tax that you put upon them, the taxing players may do what they wish with the offender.
-Raiding castles are allowed to be done in secrecy without the outlaws being spotted or discovered. This is at your own risk, if you are caught stealing, you are fair game.
-Outlaws may not take over a faction or a faction’s castle.

Raid Rules:
-Raids may occur during the weekdays only (Monday-Friday).
-Raids cannot result in capturing a castle or a faction owned area.
-Raids may only occur once an admin has been notified by the raiding lord in private.
-During a raid, combatants from each side may fight, no other factions or combatants may take part.
-The objective of a raid is to kill enemy faction members, loot their belongings, and their castle’s supplies.
-Raids may last for 15 minutes only, admins will declare when a raid is over. If either side fails to honor the 15 minute rule, than an admin will punish the offenders.
-Once a raid is complete, the raiding faction must leave the defender's lands and may not declare a raid or fight that same faction again for 3 hours (Do not bs this rule, Admins are online 24/7 and will keep track of the time. If you break this rule, your faction will receive heavy consequences).

War Rules:
-War may not begin unless an admin has been notified as well.
-A castle CANNOT be taken by force WIT
-Wars are events that can only be fought on weekends at 10:00 AM GMT -5 and will end at 10:00 PM GMT -5 each day. (Admins will announce when wars can be commenced and when they end)
-Wars can last for 1 hour only. Admins will declare when the time limit is up.

-War declarations work differently than raids.

-After the declaration is made and the other lord acknowledges it (the lord may not ignore, deny or pretend to not see the declaration), the warring lord must return to his castle. Once the lord arrives at his castle he must declare war in the faction options and then he may bring his men and initiate the war. Shout an official declaration of war by the opposing faction. If there are no members of a faction online under no circumstances is another faction to place a banner and take control of this castle. Role Play and the above rules must always apply for a war, so members of a faction must be present.
-Wars may result in another Faction capturing another faction’s castle.
-Combatants killed in war may respawn and continue to fight.
-Soldiers who surrender may either be executed or held prisoner for ransom by the lord they surrender to.
-Once a castle is taken, the soldiers defending must either attempt to escape the castle to friendly forces or surrender. You may not just continue to spawn and fight when your castle is lost.
-Attackers may not delay capturing a castle and just spawn kill enemies repeatedly, doing so is spawn killing and is not allowed.
-Commoners in the commoner faction may not be harmed by the war combatants.
-Serfs of the warring factions may be slain or captured.
-War is over once the attackers’ or defenders’ castle is taken over.At this point, the lords must declare peace or face punishment from admins.
-Once war is over, faction members of either party may not fight anymore.
-During war if a player surrenders and is captured, the captors may do one of the following:
1.Execute the player (this must be rped)
2. Imprison them until the war is over
3. Offer a ransom of 5k Gold maximum.
4. Enslave (must be rped) the character for a maximum of 10 minutes. Must be released after 10 min with no weapons. When the player is released he may not be harmed and must return to his faction.
By far, that most complicated  rules, including, metagaming, time limite, admin overwatch and authorisation for a large amount of things
You have to do something simplier.

Just as a remember, popular server with a large amount of players have hard time handling a simple 10 line rules set. How do you expect this to be hold by people ? This look like tax regulation laws.

For those who don't want to register here the last full version to be read.

Ser Jaime said:
Read these Server Rules before entering the server. (Yes I know they are long, but they are made that way to ensure a fun experience for all pw players)

- No randoming, spawnkilling, or teamkilling of any kind.
-No recruiting of pw players for factions in the game. ie: *Poster* Faction is RECRUITING.
-No recruiting or advertising of other clans, regiments, or guilds.
-No profanity, insults, or racism.
No talk about politics, Current World Issues, or religion.
-World/all chat must only be used to report in game issues or questions to the admins. Use
local or faction chat otherwise.
-Players must rp their characters in local chat. Faction chat rping is up to the leader of the
faction.
-You cannot wear tags for other regiments, guilds, clans, etc... in the server.
-Sheath weapons when entering the main town
-No metagaming at all (This is when a player says something that is IC in global chat. This
could involve telling people the location of a war party etc. You can only tell people the location
of a war party in local chat, to players near you. Doing this in global chat ruins RP and
reduces the quality of the gaming experience.)
-There are no Mercenary factions allowed.
- There are no Town Watch factions, defence of the commoners against brigands is the fighting class of the commoners responsibility.
-No Robbing unless you are part of the Outlaw Faction.
-Taxation can be done by having guards stationed on roads, bridges, or other areas near your faction's castle. The maximum taxation fee is 500 gold, if a player does not pay a tax that you put upon them, the taxing players may do what they wish with the offender.
-Talking out of character in chat should be represented with a // before the text.

No Revenge Rule:
- If you are slain by another player you may not immediately hunt that player down and attempt to avenge yourself.
-If you are killed, you are essentially “knocked out” and you do not remember who killed you or where you death took place.

Outlaw Faction Rules:
-Do not Random commoners, or TK! Outlaws Must ROLEPLAY!
- Outlaws can attack any soldiers at will, they do NOT have to have a reason.
-Outlaws may steal from chests and castle armories. This includes weapons and golds.
-Outlaws may rob a commoner 500 gold maximum.
-If a commoner or soldier is threatened with a tax they may fight, run, attempt to rp out of the tax, or give in to the tax.
-Outlaws may defend themselves if the person they are robbing chooses to fight back.
-Outlaws may kill the person they are robbing if they choose to flee as well.
-Outlaws are not Kill on Sight. This means that even if you can see their faction name that says “Outlaw” you cannot kill them, that is called “metagaming” and will not be tolerated. Outlaws must be treated like any other player in conversation and you can only know that he’s an outlaw if he’s told you or you find out through roleplaying means which is deemed appropriate by an admin.
-If an outlaw is trying to rob you, you may not shout out in global chat, "Help there's an outlaw here" you must rp it, doing so is cheating, metagaming, and will not be tolerated.
-Outlaws MUST Role play with Commoners, no exceptions! Commoners should not be robbed for more than 500 coins. Soldiers and armored men may be robbed for a maximum of 1k gold.
-Raiding castles are allowed to be done in secrecy without the outlaws being spotted or discovered. This is at your own risk, if you are caught stealing, you are fair game.
-Outlaws may not take over a faction or a faction’s castle.
-You may not become an outlaw by ranking up your Outlaw score, you must go to the outlaw faction and join it directly.

Non-Combatants (Non-Soldier Roles) Rules:
-Non-combatants may start their own trading and crafting guilds if they so wish within the commoners faction, they may not take over a faction and declare it neutral. No faction besides the commoners faction is neutral.
-Non-combatants may not random other players for any reason. Admins will ban randomers without mercy.
-Non-combatants  MUST RP with everyone.
-Non-combatants and other faction members cannot steal. If someone is caught stealing, than the thief may be slain by the person they stole from or be punished by an admin. This includes Horse thieving, stealing items, selling other players’ items without their consent, stealing money from a money chest, and stealing from item chests, carts, packs, or any other item carrying implementation.
-Non-combatants may not declare war or fight other factions in wars or raids independently. Commoners are NEUTRAL.

Raid Rules:
-Raids may occur during the weekdays only (Monday-Friday).
-Raids cannot result in capturing a castle or a faction owned area.
-Raids may only occur once an admin has been notified by the raiding lord in private.
-During a raid, combatants from each side may fight, no other factions or combatants may take part.
-The objective of a raid is to kill enemy faction members, loot their belongings, and their castle’s supplies.
-Raids may last for 15 minutes only, admins will declare when a raid is over. If either side fails to honor the 15 minute rule, than an admin will punish the offenders.
-Once a raid is complete, the raiding faction must leave the defender's lands and may not declare a raid or fight that same faction again for 3 hours (Do not bs this rule, Admins are online 24/7 and will keep track of the time. If you break this rule, your faction will receive heavy consequences).

War Rules:
-War may not begin unless an admin has been notified as well.
-A castle CANNOT be taken by force WIT
-Wars are events that can only be fought on weekends  at 10:00 AM GMT -5 and will end at 10:00 PM GMT -5 each day. (Admins will announce when wars can be commenced and when they end)
-Wars can last for 1 hour only. Admins will declare when the time limit is up.
-War declarations work differently than raids.
-To initiate a war, the lord who wishes to do so must go to the castle of the lord they wish to war against with 2 men minimum and a banner.
-The lord must then say in global chat in roleplay to the lord of the castle that he is declaring a war on their faction.
-After the declaration is made and the other lord acknowledges it (the lord may not ignore, deny or pretend to not see the declaration), the warring lord must return to his castle. Once the lord arrives at his castle he must declare war in the faction options and then he may bring his men and initiate the war. Shout an official declaration of war by the opposing faction. If there are no members of a faction online under no circumstances is another faction to place a banner and take control of this castle. Role Play and the above rules must always apply for a war, so members of a faction must be present.
-Wars may result in another Faction capturing another faction’s castle.
-Combatants killed in war may respawn and continue to fight.
-Soldiers who surrender may either be executed or held prisoner for ransom by the lord they surrender to.
-Once a castle is taken, the soldiers defending must either attempt to escape the castle to friendly forces or surrender. You may not just continue to spawn and fight when your castle is lost.
-Attackers may not delay capturing a castle and just spawn kill enemies repeatedly, doing so is spawn killing and is not allowed.
-Commoners in the commoner faction may not be harmed by the war combatants.
-Serfs of the warring factions may be slain or captured.
-War is over once the attackers’ or defenders’ castle is taken over. At this point, the lords must declare peace or face punishment from admins.
-Once war is over, faction members of either party may not fight anymore.
-During war if a player surrenders and is captured, the captors may do one of the following:
1.Execute the player (this must be rped)
2. Imprison them until the war is over
3. Offer a ransom of 5k Gold maximum.
4. Enslave (must be rped) the character for a maximum of 10 minutes. Must be released    after 10 min with no weapons. When the player is released he may not be harmed and must return to his faction.

Disobeying any of the rules listed will result in a warning, then kick, and then a permanent ban from the server if repeated.

Your war rules are just stupendous. You can only fight a war "on weekends at 10:00 AM GMT -5 and will end at 10:00 PM GMT -5"? I can't believe what I'm reading.

Hugues said:
Your war rules are just stupendous. You can only fight a war "on weekends at 10:00 AM GMT -5 and will end at 10:00 PM GMT -5"? I can't believe what I'm reading.

They may be edited in the future. The server was just hosted 8 hours ago? I didn't say I wasn't going to be making edits

fireheart said:
Just as a remember, popular server with a large amount of players have hard time handling a simple 10 line rules set. How do you expect this to be hold by people ? This look like tax regulation laws.

I'll be editing the rules in the near future. Keep in mind the server hasn't even been up for 24 hours. I understand that issues may crop up.

You said you can only war from 10am-10pm. Whats up with that? And only on weekends? And 1 hour long? Like, its a game. If you're looking for a playerbase to decide whether these rules are good or not, good luck finding one, because anyone who's read these rules probably won't go on your server.

Alright due to numerous complaints already about the war rule, I've simplified it and edited it on the forums. They can now be done at anytime, to declare you just have to declare war in global 3 times. More edits will come if there are problems, as I said before, The rules of the server are not set in stone.

I was on the server today, it was nice and weird to see so few people being killed. I hope it stays that way. I think I know from which game you took the war only at weekends thing, but what if you tweak it to "Castles are only capturable at weekends?"

Dark_Hamlet said:
I was on the server today, it was nice and weird to see so few people being killed. I hope it stays that way. I think I know from which game you took the war only at weekends thing, but what if you tweak it to "Castles are only capturable at weekends?"

That's what I had in mind but as some people in the earlier posts have implied, my rules are flawed in the war area. I'm going to be making several revisions in the next few days. Right now, I've eliminated raids and allowed normal wars throughout the week.

Back
Top Bottom