Chevauleger Regiment Fürst von Hohenzollern Nr. 2 - (RECRUITING)

Users who are viewing this thread

Greentiny

Sergeant at Arms
Chevauleger Regiment Fürst von Hohenzollern Nr. 2

Origins
The Chevauleger is a unique Bavarian Cavalry formation whose roots extend back to 1682. The name "Chevauleger" is derived from the French words cheval- horse and leger- "light" or in practical terms, light cavalry. The Chevaulegers were roughly comparable to the Dragoons in terms of their tactical use on the battlefield but were more closely uniformed like the Uhlans.  The 2nd Bavarian Chevaulegers was officially founded on June 29, 1682 , by Graf Rumford of Bavaria . Additionally, even before the formal establishment of the Chevaulegers, there are references of Bavarian Cavalry going back earlier to the 30 Years War. The 1st and 2nd Chevaulegers are the oldest regiments of the entire Bavarian Army. 
Over the years, this light horse regiment has been refitted as a dragoon, to heavy cavalry, cuirassier and back to dragoon and finally light horse.
In 1793, the Bavarians fought against the French as part of the forces of the Holy Roman Empire . The Chevau-Legers were attached to Major-General von Blucher's Prussian brigade in 1794 and fought the French in a series of clashes at Friedelsheim, Battenburg, Herzheim, Monsheim and Zell.

Unit%20H6.jpg

Napoleonic Wars
The 2nd Chevauleger (termed "Chevaulegers Regenter") has a rich combat history during the Napoleonic Wars.  The 2nd Chevauleger (Chevau-Legers Regt "Konig") participated in many battles beginning with successful sieges of the Prussian fortresses at Plassenburg and Grossalogau, Breslau, Brieg, Kosel, Kosel, Glatz, and Niesse in 1806-07.  Six Chevau-Leger regiments went with Napoleon to Russia, and fought in the battles of Smolensk & Borodino.

Subsequently, Chevauleger Regiment Nr. 2 (Hohenzollern-Hechingen), under the command of Oberst Matthias Loederer, saw action at Podubnie, Divin, Kudnja, and other places. Oberst-lieutenant Freiherr von Walterskirchen distinguished himself as battle commander at Nieswiez and Glinki. From 1812-15 the regiment was awarded 3 gold and 17 silver bravery medals.

Like many units in the French and Allied armies during the Russian Campaign, the 2nd Chevauleger did not fare well. After the battle at Winkowo on October 18, 1812 during the horrendous retreat from Russia , it was grouped with the 1st Chevauleger Regiment and it was ultimately reduced from 80 to 14 men and both regiments ceased to exist.
After the disastrous Russian Campaign, the Bavarian Army was reconstituted in 1813 and assigned to the French VI Corps and fought once again in campaigns from Hanau in Saxony up until the armistice. Subsequently, Bavaria's alliance changed and the 2nd Chevauleger then fought against Napoleon in a series of battles.

bav11.jpg

Application
To become a dragon (yes I said dragon) then either:
1. Add Greentiny on Steam: 'greentiny'
2. Send me a private message.
3. Post on this thread.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask.

Roster
Rittmeister Greentiny
Leutnant Rogue
Offiziersstellvertreter Moogs
Dragoner Crixus
Dragoner Krimdor
Dragoner Decapitate
Dragoner Willowbranch
Dragoner Zecht
Dragoner Biteme
Dragoner Joop
Dragoner Valadero
Dragoner Kiong
Dragoner Repel
Dragoner Stingray
Dragoner Esterran
Dragoner Gaupa
Dragoner Jezze
Dragoner Buhere
Dragoner vonHerman
Dragoner Ruler
Dragoner Hotspur

Videos

Code of Conduct
1. Always carry My Shaft.
2. Never drop My Shaft.
3. Always retrieve My Shaft.
4. Always protect My Shaft.
5. Never let the enemy get their hands on My Shaft.

Austrians look fantastic so uniform will be superb.

And yes Tavington, I am your god. I am now the dragon god.
Rawr!

Best of luck to you tiny, i wish you the best with this new endeavour. ( And if you need me to help out you got mah steam. )

Back
Top Bottom