say cheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadocComadrin said:
pvc-pipe.jpg
Huh.  I recognised those on sight.  And they all look really weird without any bells whatsoever.

Up first is the Schedule 40 pipe, which is thick-walled pressurised pipe.  It's used quite a lot in irrigation systems, especially commercial systems with high pressure.  Sch40 is normally a 'slip' or glued pipe, though it can also be threaded.

Next is the SDR-35, which is standard thin-wall non-pressurized pipe for sewage and drainage applications.  Unlike the sc40, SDR is often gasketed, not glued, especially at sizes above 3".  SDR is also used extensively as sleeving for electrical wires or even other pipe.  In BC, orange SDR is called 'Tel' for telephone sleeving, and dark grey is 'Hydro' for electrical conduits.  Similar to SDR-35 is DR-35, which is called sewer pipe or BDS (Building drain & sewer) and often comes perforated.

Third is SDR-21 (the number is the Standard Dimension Ratio of the pipe, ie the ratio of diameter to wall thickness), which can also be called 'class 200' or 'series 200', or a bevy of other names.  It's normally a slip pipe in smaller diameters, but above 3" usually comes gasketed.

Fourth is Sch80, which is a quite thick wall, used for very high water pressures.  Like sch40, it's usually either slip or threaded.

The last type I didn't recognise right away.  Apparently it's DWV pipe.  DWV (Drain Waste & Vent) is more of a plumbing & heating pipe than a waterworks pipe, so I've never really dealt with it.

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Teofish said:
Sadly, for my part, yes. I'm not the most becoming person when hung over.
dsc01167d.jpg
vBrSy.jpg

I too have been known to get quite drunk on occasion.
What you haven't been known for is being sober.

Eogan said:
Huh.  I recognised those on sight.  And they all look really weird without any bells whatsoever.

Up first is the Schedule 40 pipe, which is thick-walled pressurised pipe.  It's used quite a lot in irrigation systems, especially commercial systems with high pressure.  Sch40 is normally a 'slip' or glued pipe, though it can also be threaded.

Next is the SDR-35, which is standard thin-wall non-pressurized pipe for sewage and drainage applications.  Unlike the sc40, SDR is often gasketed, not glued, especially at sizes above 3".  SDR is also used extensively as sleeving for electrical wires or even other pipe.  In BC, orange SDR is called 'Tel' for telephone sleeving, and dark grey is 'Hydro' for electrical conduits.  Similar to SDR-35 is DR-35, which is called sewer pipe or BDS (Building drain & sewer) and often comes perforated.

Third is SDR-21 (the number is the Standard Dimension Ratio of the pipe, ie the ratio of diameter to wall thickness), which can also be called 'class 200' or 'series 200', or a bevy of other names.  It's normally a slip pipe in smaller diameters, but above 3" usually comes gasketed.

Fourth is Sch80, which is a quite thick wall, used for very high water pressures.  Like sch40, it's usually either slip or threaded.

The last type I didn't recognise right away.  Apparently it's DWV pipe.  DWV (Drain Waste & Vent) is more of a plumbing & heating pipe than a waterworks pipe, so I've never really dealt with it.

I can just imagine the Owners' Club gatherings. :shock:

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Because they where way way cool!

The drinking I blame on proper alcohol.
You can't say you've seen some one drink proper alcohol until you see one of your idiotic first-year  lab mates pour 'teaching' ethanol (You know, the stuff mixed with methanol) into a hip flask and mix it with water... and still **** up the concentration enough to hostpitalise him even if he had drunk the proper lab grade stuff.

Lucky **** dropped it when he smelt the stuff we were practising cleaning techniques on.

Seriously, one experiment we had to 'reconstitute' fresh horse manure to get bacteria and fungal samples.
Some people didn't notice the 'Stomaching' machine used for exactly that purpose.  :lol:

One outside of my cave.

IMG_8724.jpg

Sorry for the stupid flash, although it does make me look a bit better somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom