Mod Tweak: Expanded Armor/Weapon Merchant Inventories

Users who are viewing this thread

Hypno Toad

Sergeant at Arms
For 1.391.

I was always a bit puzzled why things like Scale Armor, Lamellar, and some colors/styles of other armors and helmets never ever showed up in merchant inventories under any circumstances; and yet many troops and some nobles have them, as if they appeared out of thin air. Likewise many of them were not purchasable through the "famous" smiths either, nor were they worth purchasing. The only way to aquire them was by attakcing deserters who have them in quantity, or just getting lucky in a battle.

So I modified the item_kinds so that most of the "missing" armors (and some weapons) now has a chance of showing up in merchant inventories. You'll see larger varities of armor colors and helmets, as well as a few armors that I dont think any troops or nobility wear. Most of them have normal stats and prices, and many are regionally dependant. Longbows and Composite bows have a small chance of showing up in weapon vendors now. Anything with the name "noble" or "king" in it has a very small chance of showing up (equal chance to Kingly Mail)

Here's the item_kinds file.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21436228/item_kinds1.rar Just install this in the Brytenwalda module folder. Be sure to create a backup of the old file in case you want to revert.

Here's an example of the kinds of things that might show up:

ZTubdP.jpg

(I have disabled armor penalty on my game)

Note that all of these changes are pretty modest, you wont see noble mail and jute helmets flying out the wazoo, you'll just see a rare helmet or set of armor show up every once in a while, so this expands the selection that you can choose from. This was a quick job so I might have missed some stuff, lemme know if there's issues.

This will overwrite any changes you've made to items_kind (if you've made any), also this will probably not "work" with the next brytenwalda patch, so for future reference dont use this in the next version.

Well i tested this and it seems to be very bugged. Few bugs i noticed: Some of my teulu horsmen were invinsible, just like their shields and my one shield aswell(in battle). And eguipment's in stores were also sometimes invinsible, and there comes an error when you click it: can't find the item.

Toba said:
Well i tested this and it seems to be very bugged. Few bugs i noticed: Some of my teulu horsmen were invinsible, just like their shields and my one shield aswell(in battle). And eguipment's in stores were also sometimes invinsible, and there comes an error when you click it: can't find the item.

That's quite odd, havn't noticed anything like that. Are you using 1.391?

edit:

Sorry, looks like Gamefront tampered with the raw text format and garbled some stuff.

I've .rar'ed it this time, unpack the item_kinds into the brytenwalda module folder. Make sure you have a backup.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21436228/item_kinds1.rar

This is for 1.391 only.

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
Has anyone tried this? Is it stable? If so, thank the gods :grin:

I've tried it :razz:

I sent it to one of my buddies to test and he hasn't reported any problems. I think that first issue there was because rather than download the file, gamefront just sends you the raw text and garbled some of the formating. Everything is all snugged up in .rar now.

Idibil said:
Added  :grin:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=154472.msg3709901#msg3709901

sounds like a good mod.

Please, make a release for the newest version. I'd love to get those longbows. Now I don't see any way to get them.

Is this included in 1.394 update released yesterday?
I tried to replace the itemkinds with this one and the game crashed with the note: too many lines in itemkinds

Item_kinds is always updated with new lines almost every patch, ergo why this is for 1.391.

I might take another crack at it now that we're at 1.394

TheNewKing said:
its this working with new version 1.394 now?

Sorry for the thread res, but this is listed under the compatible for .395 in Alternative Downloads, yet if I read this thread right it's not?

I just want more items, heh. So, it's all good to drop into the game, or not? And does it take a new game, or save compatible?

Idibil said:
Sorry, I will change this. I dont know if this is compatible with 1.395, autor should say it.

Oh not a problem, man. I was just confused as to whether it would work or not.

I downloaded an older version of Brytenwalda because I wanted to try the changes he has in here and I have to say, you have to make those changes basic to the default version of the game. It has been so nice seeing new stuff, and a lot of it is really awesome stuff too. If Brytenwalda has any sort of negative (and it's a small nitpick, which says a lot of the quality of the mod) is that I wish it had more item variation...especially Pict body-paint armors (which sadly don't seem to be in this). So this helps out a lot. I really love how in this mod you can keep non-metal armor viable for such a long time, and only break it out when it's time to have fun storming the castle, or smack those Hv.I parties around.

@Canute84:  so I was asking myself the same question, and seeing after a few days that there was no answer to this question I decided to just try it, and I'm afraid this tweak isn't compatible with Brytenwalda 1,396.

Also, if you want to get those rare item, you can use Morgh's tool and make them available in the shop.

sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but does anyone have the files for this sub-mod, as the links no longer seem to work?  :grin:

Despite it's been a while ago when somebody posted in this topic, i want to ask. Is there another way to download this submod? Can i get right link, 'cause old is broke.
I hope this humble request willn't go unnoticed

Back
Top Bottom