Character creation - minor issue + request

Users who are viewing this thread

eastpaw

Sergeant
Hi again, Floris team. It's been a while since I've had the time to play M&B and I'm really happy to see that 2.5 has been live for a while, and that TweakMB supports the newest release. Thank you!

Now, I've noticed a recurring problem in Character History during character creation: the two sentences that begin with "Then as a young adult, life changed..." repeat themselves. This issue only affects the three newest later life options (slave-trader, bandit, gladiator) - the ones I had written, incidentally. Not sure if the error was mine, but anyway.

Finally, I wonder if it would be possible for you to release the specific stat and skill points linked to the various background options? The reason I am asking is that I have a spreadsheet that I use to plan new characters, and I would like to update its numbers to reflect those in 2.5. I'd be happy to share it with everyone once it has been fixed.

I have uploaded the current version of my planner here.

Welcome back and thanks for the typo headsup.

Taken from our Q&A thread:
Windyplains said:
halfeclipse said:
Anyone have a list of what the stat, skill and proficiency bonuses the new background options provide?
You can see them on the character creation page.  All, or nearly all, of the bonuses have been changed in some manner.  I believe this quote has what you're looking for.  There were a few other additions, but their bonuses can be found further down in that thread.
Windyplains said:
eastpaw said:
To make it easier for us to get an overview of the current options, could we have a spreadsheet of all available choices and their effects? Something like this would be swell.
Because you asked nicely.  And because anyone with a lot of time on their hands could recreate this list using the information now shown at the bottom of character creation screen.  There are some items not displayed here, but this shows the basic balance of each choice.
character%20backgrounds.PNG

Rogo said:
Klonky said:
Hey. I need a Guide how i can be a good king... i dont know how i can handle this with the fiefs... if i give dude A a fief, the other peoples are pissed of me. and how ever i handle this, all the time the relation the the other discrease all the time... can somebody help me there? Floris 2.5.
Other lords gets pissed at you if you give a fief to a person who isn't from noble birth. You could try to persuade other lords to join you and give them fiefs. Also a few of the companions in the game are from noble birth, read their stories and you should know which one.
Check out the "Review Lord Holdings" report under the "Kingdom Reports" menu.  Pay attention to the lords listed as being friends or enemies to the lord you want to give a fief to.  A friend will generally always have a relation improvement towards you if you help that lord, but an enemy will always have a negative one.  Folks somewhere in the middle (not listed) will have varied reactions or none at all.

Thanks for that, Duh. My current spreadsheet was created using those values that Windy had kindly posted, but I see they're outdated now.

Will look "further down that thread" for the needed numbers, thank you.

eastpaw said:
Thanks for that, Duh. My current spreadsheet was created using those values that Windy had kindly posted, but I see they're outdated now.
The only part that should be outdated is the new backgrounds you added.

Also the typo has been corrected for the next version.  The error was mine in that I took your background and forgot to remove that sentence since it is added to every background at a different spot in the code.  Thanks again for the suggestions and the error identification. :smile:

Thanks for that, Windy. Might I assume that the final numbers in that other thread are the right ones?

By the way, that table you had very kindly given me unfortunately lacked details on Foraging. I guess I could always just use the character creator and do a bunch of subtracting to check all the numbers. However, if you happen to have all this information in one handy table, I would very, very much appreciate being allowed to take a gander at it!

If such a table is not available or if it is but is not meant to be shared, then please do let me know anyway and I will do it the other way.

eastpaw said:
Thanks for that, Windy. Might I assume that the final numbers in that other thread are the right ones?
Yes, the ones I quoted later in the thread were final.

By the way, that table you had very kindly given me unfortunately lacked details on Foraging.
Yeah, this was an oversight.  I had written those in manually to the right (outside the range of the screenshot).  The following background choices gain a +1 bonus to foraging:
[*] Hunter (father)
[*] Steppe Child (early life)
[*] Poacher (late life)

If such a table is not available or if it is but is not meant to be shared, then please do let me know anyway and I will do it the other way.
No secret at all. :smile:

Thanks as always, Windy. :smile:

I'll modify my spreadsheet and post the link here. Please feel free to use, alter, and/or share it any way you'd like.

Ehm-ehm.
Since it appears that eastpaw has never posted the updated version and has left this forum, here is my excel "planner" in case anybody finds it useful:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0QewS7fCh1cd3JoYm02a0gyYms/edit?usp=sharing
It has Native, Floris and PoP in it, and can be used for planning the future of your character/companions.
The character creation part specifically is several drop-down menus on the right. You just make choices and excel does the rest.
Best used after downloading to your own computer (just too huge for google).

Back
Top Bottom